2009 6Y9 Attendee List

Re: 2009 6Y9 Attendde List

Pete didn't give very good instructions.

You have to quote the person who made the last entry, remove the beginning and ending quote tags, then insert the code he posted between the final [/row] tag and the [/table] tag.

Alright Gang!!!
Attendee list is looking good !
We had 6 different planes in last weekend and they all are interested in coming.
Looks like it is going to be a great turnout as long as the weather is kind.
Last year we had 21 aircraft in ,this year I'm hoping for 30 +:yikes:
Tony/ Leah you're family now,gotta come, we've adopted all the others also. ( Ed's gonna be unhappy when he reads our will someday:rofl:)

That's very true, Tony and Leah are family and need to show up.

Tony, you know you can always hop a commercial flight to PHL or PIT and grab a ride in the Aztruck. You can even fly some of the legs then. :)

GRR might be a closer option....or GRB, or...

That's very true, Tony and Leah are family and need to show up.

Tony, you know you can always hop a commercial flight to PHL or PIT and grab a ride in the Aztruck. You can even fly some of the legs then. :)

thanks for the offer ted. leah is nearly negligible as far as W&B is concerned, which is a good thing. as the date gets closer we will decide. 2 tickets to williamsport from wichita may cost nearly as much as just flying to sidnaw...

there is a chance we might be able to hitch a ride in a bonanza from dallas...

or maybe we can find someone near hear to split the 182RG

Dangit, Pete grabbed "my" plane! :(

Well, I guess I'll have to tag along with him. As for lodging - I just need somewhere warmer than plain old outside. Nobody to snuggle with! The small heated cabin thing in the Freds' yard worked well a couple of years ago (it had a space heater). Before the heater was on, though, I woke up freezing my butt off.

Anyone make a battery-powered tent space heater? :dunno:

oh cmon kent if little leah can stay warm in the canadian tundra surely you can get through a weekend in michigan without shivering. time for a better sleeping bag!

drinking more crown helps too. you arent actually warmer but you feel warmer and thats all that really matters.

And if the Crown won't keep you warm, have some Jack served on a cessna horizontal stab :)

Kent, man up and sleep in a tent. I had nobody to snuggle with last year, either, and was doing just fine. ;)

Tony, I figured it probably wouldn't make sense to hitch a ride with me, but the offer stands. :)

I forgot about that - how cold does it get at night in early September in the UP?

not below freezing, so far.

I thought I was sweating all night last year. That could have been b/c of the liquid heat, though. ;)

Adam,

are you bringing the family?

I forgot about that - how cold does it get at night in early September in the UP?

The temperature could be about anything. I've had snowball fights in the first week of September before.

Barb

New update for me. I am busy until noon on Saturday. I think I will get up there about 3pm on Saturday and camp the night coming home on Sunday.

Leah and I, sadly, will not make it. just can't justify the money, as much as we'd love to be there.

You can't glide that far? I thought you were good! Some platinum medallion or something!

This makes me sad.

The temperature could be about anything. I've had snowball fights in the first week of September before.

Barb

The opposite of this was my freshman year at Michigan Tech. It was that heat where you get up in the morning to take a shower because you were sweating in your sleep those first few night's, dorms in Houghton were built to keep heat in not let it out. That said, cooler temps are more probable.

Jon

Leah and I, sadly, will not make it. just can't justify the money, as much as we'd love to be there.

You're making the cardinal mistake of flying - trying to justify how much it costs. :)

Sorry you won't be able to make it.

oh i've never tried to justify costs when it comes to aerial exploration. that is why my hourly operating cost on the glider this season probably rivals your aztec. sorry to make you sad Ed. Hopefully next year our situation will be different and we can make it happen. Might want to call Hoppy's and reduce this years Crown shipment accordingly.

oh i've never tried to justify costs when it comes to aerial exploration. that is why my hourly operating cost on the glider this season probably rivals your aztec. sorry to make you sad Ed. Hopefully next year our situation will be different and we can make it happen. Might want to call Hoppy's and reduce this years Crown shipment accordingly.
Where is your sense of priority man?? :D:D

Sorry you won't be there either. Maybe we need a KS flyin this fall so we can visit you?

Where is your sense of priority man?? :D:D

Sorry you won't be there either. Maybe we need a KS flyin this fall so we can visit you?

that would be nice, but this fall is going to be busy for me. getting married. going on honeymoon. holidays. family. not getting fired.

Blasphemy!!

You claim to be a CFI?!??! Every CFI worth his salt knows that whenever someone can't make a fly in you don't reduce the amount of liquor available, you simply redistribute the original amount to those that are there. In other words, it is our duty to consume your portion. :D

oh crap im sure i'll get a 709 letter soon.

I've never tried Crown before. :redface:

Hmmm we need to make sure they have Dr Pepper as well :D

(My plan - it is working...heh, heh, heh :devil:)

(My plan - it is working...heh, heh, heh :devil:)

HaHa! :rofl:, I'm going to use that.

Is this a Gaston's-like event. If so, seems like it would be pretty fun to come to, any information, other than air nav, on the cabins, camping, activities, etc?

HaHa! :rofl:, I'm going to use that.

Is this a Gaston's-like event. If so, seems like it would be pretty fun to come to, any information, other than air nav, on the cabins, camping, activities, etc?

This event is a little more rustic than Gastons - most attendees simply pitch a tent under the wing of their plane. What 6Y9 lacks in amenities, it more than makes up for with character. What started out as a typical local airport fly-in has grown to include the entire community - there are local crafts for sale, local historical museum is open for tours, etc. On Saturday, there is a grill-out at the airport. Local townfolk are always eager to look at and ask about the plane and their pilots. I'm not sure about the number of ground-pounders that show up, but it's enough for me to wonder where they all come from (they MUST be traveling in from neighboring towns).

'Early' arrivals on Friday night have in the past been treated to mass-transit to the infamous Hoppy's Bar & Grill (and maybe bait shop, too) for a night of food, fun, and drinks.

Saturday is the aforementioned cook-out with the local folks. Saturday evening could include anything from a simple walk to the local bar & grill or a hay-ride back down the road to Hoppy's followed by camping and star gazing or maybe a bon-fire back at the Frederick's cabin.

Sunday usually consists of a campfire breakfast followed by a local tour of the forestry roads via 4-wheelers or anything else you might find appealing at the time.

It really is a hoot for the whole weekend. Dull moments are usually few and far between...

I've never tried Crown before. :redface:

We'll fix that, you can have all of Tony's share and part of mine, which will put you at about 1.5 bottles worth. ;)

No extra livers required, just lots of liquids and pain killers. Besides I hear the pilot hut is a good place to sleep off a hangover :D

No extra livers required, just lots of liquids and pain killers. Besides I hear the pilot hut is a good place to sleep off a hangover :D

Ohhh.... Be careful mixing alcohol with some pain killers, i.e. acetaminophen. Too much and you will need a spare liver. http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2354/does-tylenol-alcohol-liver-failure-plus

Also note the last paragraph:
It's not clear from the medical literature what happens if you take acetaminophen after a one-time bender (as opposed to chronic alcohol abuse). But don't substitute some other painkiller--aspirin and ibuprofen can have side effects too. Better to be suffering than dead.

Lucky for me, I do not get hangovers. :D

Ok, sounds like the liver is optional.
I'll figure W&B both ways though - just in case.

Back