Sold 1977 Cessna 414

Thanks, I knew Cessna had a couple of them. Bill Elliot flys one, think it's a 425.
He had a 425 with the Blackhawk conversion, but they buy and sell airplanes occasionally, he had a 441 for a while.

I replaced on in 2008, bought the windshield at dealer cost from a friend and replaced the co-pilots side, since we were already tearing it apart. If I recall, it’s was $25K or a little more, but my insurance covered it as it broke in flight!! :D:D

I'll admit that I was halfway disappointed my bird strike a few months back didn't crack the windshield. That would've meant a free new one!

bc9b5f6161abbe27070dbb6b935ce7a4.jpg

:biggrin:
Just remember, Puppy Bowl is this Sunday, as opposition programming to the Super Bowl!

Met Bill Elliot once when he had his Citation Jet at DZJ. Super nice guy. Just reading he was in an F-16 midair back in 87. Scary stuff.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1987-11-25/sports/8702070883_1_air-national-guard-fighter-pilot

Thanks V, didn't know about that either. Yeah he is a real humble and nice guy. He used to have a copter too. Funny )but safe) thing after a race, he would not pilot the plane due to all the carbon monoxide from 4-5 hours of racing. But then he had a full time pilot anyway. They beat me back to Bill's airport one day after a race, and as I was landing he was waiting to depart in the copter, fly over the N GA mountains to his house (runway there too) between Blue Ridge and Blairsville. You ought to stop by V, his race shop is just west of Dawsonville.

I'm happy to announce that the 414 is currently under contract! :)

I will post any updates on its status.

Great news! Congrats!

Nice article in the 4/18 AOPA PILOT.

Sent from my FBI-approved monitoring device using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ted
Back