@ 1000 hrs - Need some Advice

USAF-LT-G

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
USAF-LT-G
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not to ask these questions (seems there is a general "lack" of good pilot forums out there for the General Aviation community, and I've had trouble finding any that are worthwhile or have an active community.

I got my PPL-SEL back in 2007, and have been flying VFR ever since. Over the past 5 years, I've really been flying a lot (3 to 6 times a month, always cross-country) equating to 150+ Hrs / year on average. This year I expect to push 200+ hrs, as my work reimburses me for expenses of travel to Customers i'm meeting with. I have High-Performance, and Complex endorsements. I absolutely can't stand flying Cesna's (high wing in general), so the majority of my flying to date has either been in a 2000 Piper Archer III, or 1997 Piper Arrow II (complex + Retractable). Mostly the Archer III however, as it is well equipped (Dual 430s, STEC-55x Auto-Pilot, Weather-Traffic, etc.)

I'm based out of Chicago.... literally like 2 minutes from Dupage (KDPA) - It's across the street from where my wife and kids and I live. DuPage is outrageously overpriced however for rental fees, and just about everything I've researched (hangars, maintenance, etc)... however, it would be Ideal if I were going to base myself out of there. Other nearby airports include Aurora (KARR), and where I currently commute 45 mins North of my location to Lake In The Hills (3CK), for rental anytime I need to fly.

As a VFR pilot I've flown through just about every condition legally able, and am very confident in my capabilities, SA (Situational Awareness), and use Flight Following religiously. I'm ex military, so I'm pretty thorough through and through (I mention this for a reason later on).

That being said.... I've recently had a lot more work much further out, taking me to Andover Boston / NYMetro area almost exclusively for several months now, and flying VFR is basically impractical, and the Archer III is slow as slow can be and also impractical, therefore I've been forced to take commercial.... and I'm not a fan. I have no desire to BE a commercial pilot, but I need to have the flexability to get myself from Point A to Point B without having to worry about waiting on the "morning fog," while at the same time.... not spending 8 hours in a given direction in the air and having the ability to comfortably ferry my Customers (not for hire) leisurly along with family.

Therefore... I need some help. It's pretty obvious I need to get a couple of things here and I've been debating them for over 2 years.... but I made the decision that it's time:

1) I need my IFR ticket for crying outloud already.... :)

2) I need a 6 PAX, faster aircraft with de-icing equip, auto-pilot etc. Could care less if it's G1000 /3000 or not, and it needs to have Club Seating.

Let's tackle #1 first.....

So about that IFR Ticket.... Being ex-military / ex-commissioned, I learn best in an "accelerated" manner. Sure I'm pushing 40, but I need the ability to move quickly. I retain information much better this way, and slowness (flying twice a week, repeating, etc.) only ends up taking more time. I need that "In Your Face Get' Er' Done" else, it doesn't stick as well. That's me... that's not everyone. I'm not here to argue the point with anyone. Therefore, the 10-Day IFR courses seem attractive. However, most of those courses want you to pass your Written First (I haven't seen one combined, or that comes with a guarantee for passing written / practical). So... then there's the 2-day IFR Written Exam prep, but I only see those offered on the weekends..... That's a problem.

1 - I have kids.... little kids (love you guys)
2 - I have a wife (love you honey)
3 - As I travel basically every week for work, the weekends are my days to enjoy with the family
4 - I don't want to spend the next 3 - 6 months in and out of training paying $15k for my IFR ticket.

Therefore.... during the work week (Monday - Thursday) is generally when I can tackle any of this. I have the flexibility to arrange my schedule to make this happen. But.... I'm not so sure they offer what I need "during" the work week. In addition - I think most of those 10-day courses, are straight through, and require you to supply your own plane..... Did I mention I don't have a plane and I rent today? In my mind, the relative order of things should follow the sequence of: 1) Take an accelerated Written Exam Course 2) Take the Written 3) Take an Accelerated Practical / Oral course 4) Take the Practical 5) Get IFR 6) Fly / FILE IFR everywhere.

How / Where do I do this without sacrificing my weekend(s)?

Problem Numero Dos

I need a plane.... not just a little puddle jumper. I need a step up. Ideally... a Piper Malibu Mirage with JetProp/Turboprop conversion (4000 SMOH vs Piston 2000 SMOH), Presurrized and Alt up to 35,000, full De-Ice, 1500+ NM Range, and pretty quick. Realistically..... however, unless the house gets paid off, the kids college funds are fully accounted for, and some luck from business.... this probably won't happen unless I could find a couple guys or something to do some shares on it (locally), and so far.... I can't find this plane ANYWHERE in Illinois.

So What a bout a Saratoga or something similar? Well if I can find it.... again. A problem it seems. The big ticket items are: 6 PAX, De-Ice, Great Range, Doesn't Burn crazy fuel, Doesn't cost crazy maintenance, Club Seating, Auto-Pilot, can go higher than 15,000 ft. That's all fine and dandy..... again, if I can find it....

I'm not a big "club" guy.... I don't want to be buddy buddy with a bunch of guys and spend my free time (which I have none) hanging around talking pilot chatter. I want to spend my time on the ground with my kids and family. I'm purpose driven... I love to fly, and to fly to work, and have the luxury of going places by myself, and that's that. But that comes with a tradeoff.... I don't know any good decent priced AMEs, or where to find one, I don't jack about "haggling" for a plane or what I should be looking for, I don't anything about renting vs owning a hangar, or what I "should" be paying for one.... aircraft ownership is a mystery that seems to only be talked about in "close-circles" or with limited information shared. In addition, there may be OTHER aircraft that seemingly fit the bill as I described above.... but.... I don't really know how to research this. Seems like controller.com and trade-a-plane are some of the only websites out there and to be honest, aren't that helpful to me.

The Conundrum...

So where does this leave me.... well currently, without an IFR ticket and without my own plane. What do I attack first, and how do I attack it? I assume there's some strategic logic here, but if it's obvious.... I'm not seeing it right now. I want the IFR so I can immediately start using it, but at the same time I need a plane to fly it in that will get me from ORD-BOS or ORD-LAX. I don't want to spend $15k on IFR training (cash) over 6 months and then finance another $250k on a plane + $100k for a hangar + whatever other costs I have to do (read as... I can't afford another $2000 / month to pay for a plane and a hangar. If the plane is priced low enough, I'll purchase it outright... realistically I'd like to be at $1000 / month or lower). I have an immediate need to go from ORD-MHT weekly and am limited by my rating and my aircraft. Work isn't going to pony up for me to "purchase" a plane for myself, but they will reimburse (within relative reason) the costs of my flying.Would be great to hear some advice on what I should do here....

One red flag pops up right away: here is a guy who, when instrument rated, will read weather reports and forecasts with confirmation bias. GA birds are not "gotta get there" vehicles.

Bob

I think you should do your IFR first. You'll learn more about what plane you need and it's abilities. As Bob said, I think you'll quickly learn that GA airplanes short of private jets and King Airs, aren't "gotta get there planes" sure some come closer than others at that ability, but very few are close to perfect. I'm an airline pilot, so I have my ATP, and am very proficient in IFR flying as a result, however I still frequently cancel trips and flights in my plane, not because of my ability, but the aircrafts. There's only so much ability a personal plane can put out for a given cost. Of course your IFR certificate will reduce the amount of cancellations but it will definitely not come close to eliminate it altogether. I think in your IFR training you would learn this quickly! So I'd recommend that first!

As for a plane that fits your club seating, FIKI, somewhat fast (and it seems you want turbo for up high) bill. Very few places will do it. Basically the Piper Mirage and Matrix. And that's pretty much it, most other things that fit your bill you're going to have to take a hit on one of the required items you listed. Or step it up to an expensive turbine. FYI, the only single pistons I'm aware of with FIKI capability are, Piper Matrix, Mirage. Money Acclaim series. Cirrus SR20/22/22T and the Cessna TTx

I think you should do your IFR first. You'll learn more about what plane you need and it's abilities. As Bob said, I think you'll quickly learn that GA airplanes short of private jets and King Airs, aren't "gotta get there planes" sure some come closer than others at that ability, but very few are close to perfect. I'm an airline pilot, so I have my ATP, and am very proficient in IFR flying as a result, however I still frequently cancel trips and flights in my plane, not because of my ability, but the aircrafts. There's only so much ability a personal plane can put out for a given cost. Of course your IFR certificate will reduce the amount of cancellations but it will definitely not come close to eliminate it altogether. I think in your IFR training you would learn this quickly! So I'd recommend that first!

Well said Justin! OP this is wise advice, absorb it!

Welcome. I'm a local pilot who flies out of DPA (I live about 10 minutes east of there) also prior AF but I'll try to stay on topic.

If you haven't read post's on here before, don't get turned off by the jokers, smart asses, know it all's, etc. Vast majority of the posters, from my recently joined experience, are very good/knowledgeable people.

1) I agree, you need your Instrument Rating for what you plan on doing to have a high chance of completion and safety. I don't think you need an accelerated written exam course. I have done all my written's just by cramming with Gleim with a very high score completion. My .02 cents.

As far as the Accelerated Practical, I'll leave that to you to finish deciding based on your availability/life. Sounds like you have a good understanding. I'd maybe suggest to start it with a local instructor during the week, work with a safety pilot a bit (you can message me, I'd be happy to help when I can. I'm also a Chicago TRACON controller in addition to having had an instrument commercial for coming up on 20 years), and then do an IFR finish up course. Could possibly help the anti-weekend cause?

2) I currently fly a newer Turbo Saratoga and would agree that meets what you are looking for mostly. However, I don't see many of them (including the one I fly) that has de-ice. Because of this I am in the market to buy a twin cessna in the next year that does have the de-ice, fits the 6 place mission, long distances and the security of the redundant systems. De-ice is important around here obviously. You may consider a Multi-rating if you don't have one after your instrument considering your mission?

Hangars at DPA are available (primarily because they are over-priced) and that is probably where I will be based out of because of convenience to my house. Skyhaven at ARR is nice and has rentals or you can buy. The rentals are slightly cheaper, when you factor buying, assuming you mortgage, and the HOA fee it brings it to a little less than DPA pricing but then you have to drive there which isn't terrible right down 88 but does add to the door to door time. Schaumburg has better pricing but then you have to factor driving into a more congested area, a shorter rwy and most importantly no way to get in IFR and very hard to get out IFR if ORD is on east flow.

Last edited:
@JustinD - First off, thanks. Probably the most useful post thus far. Yes, I know it was a long read, but I'm detail oriented. Hard to talk about the entire situation.... without talking about the entire situation.

@bobmrg - Not helpful. In fact.... Just because I said I "need" to get somewhere, does not assume I will "fly in anything, or assume bias on weather reports..." that's not my intent, nor should that have read that way. I realize, there are situations where I will have to fly commercial, but I'm trying to slim those down to the 80/20 rule.

Which... btw.... why (especially in the older generations) are there SOOO many pilots out there who are generally crabby people that tend to judge quickly all other pilots into a bucket with a "Well he / she's an "unsafe" / doesn't know what the hell they're doing pilot...?" Sorry I ****ed you off... but I'm not a "red flag" flyer, and I don't appreciate being judged. I'm not JFK crashin the Saratoga....

@JustinD - If IFR is the way to go first (which I was leaning towards agreement on already) - then the real question is, what's the best method / where to go for this type of training given my background.

@Radar Contact - Awesome... sell me your Saratoga lol. J/k. Great info! I will respond in more detail later. I live right across from the St Charles East high school, so DPA, literally, 5 mins from me. I have to get a haircut, and then get ready to head out to O'Hare for my 4pm AA out to the Boston area :(

work with a safety pilot a bit (you can message me, I'd be happy to help when I can. I'm also a Chicago TRACON controller in addition to having had an instrument commercial for coming up on 20 years)
OP, you need to take advantage of this offer! He will be one useful safety pilot. Not only from the instrument experience, but helping to understand the radio work within the busy area that is the Chicago airspace and IFR rules/regs.

FYI about PIC (Professional Instrument Courses, www.iflyifr.com). A few of us are graduates of the program so we can provide info about them. My advice is that while they advertise get it done in 10 days, plan for and book 13 days. You'll appreciate having the flexibility for a weather day, and the ability to not be so rushed at the end.

The PIC instructor I trained with was very professional, super super knowledgeable of real world IFR, and very willing to do training in actual IMC. So if an intensive course is what you want, the PIC program is one to be investigated to see if it is your cup of tea.

To accelerate your IFR ticket or at least get it done in under a month get to 20-25 hours of hoodtime with safety pilot out of the way, spend an hour a day or so doing gliem or similar online ground school and you'll be written ready in a week. Then 10 hours in a sim, go fly your long ifr X-C(3 hours)and about 2 hours for checkride prep(local approaches). The sim is nice cause its all hoodtime and no preflight/postflight just sit in the chair and boom your doing approaches/holds. You can count 10 hours of instruction from that then you have 5 left to do your long X-C and get comfortable doing approaches IRL.

My big problem was finding a safety pilot to get to the required 40 hours hoodtime but if your in a bigger city surely you can find someone.

Then 10 hours in a sim, go fly your long ifr X-C(3 hours)and about 2 hours for checkride prep(local approaches). The sim is nice cause its all hoodtime and no preflight/postflight just sit in the chair and boom your doing approaches/holds. You can count 10 hours of instruction from that
Essentially correct, but there are a few added points not listed here to make the time count. The Sim has to be the correct type, and an CFI-I must participate in the lesson and sign the logbook entry.

Another vote for Gleim on the written. An in-person course is just not needed. If you are concerned that being at home will not allow you to concentrate, roll your own accelerated course by scheduling your written at a test center to create a hard deadline and check yourself and your laptop into the local Marriott for a day or two, it will cost far less than an accelerated course.

As for the plane, you need a de-iced twin, which is easy to say when I'm spending your money, but the capability and redundancy will put a significantly higher number of flights in the "GO" column. The consensus around here seems to be that a Cessna 310/55 Baron/Seneca can be operated for around $350/hour. User Eggman actually had the exact plane you need and a very similar mission until he started sipping kerosene. He might be able to provide you some good numbers and insight. What I haven't seen mentioned yet is that if you have the juice to go turboprop, you will be un-insurable for many hours, requiring an SIC and yearly sim trips to be added to the budget.

Asking "What should I use for the IFR written?" will get you as wide variety of answers as asking which pickup truck, beer, religion, whiskey, dance style, high or low wing.....

For me, I did the King Videos to get the concepts down, then SheppardAir.com for learning the test. Also a sprinkling of ASA's Prepware.

Another vote for Gleim on the written. An in-person course is just not needed. If you are concerned that being at home will not allow you to concentrate, roll your own accelerated course by scheduling your written at a test center to create a hard deadline and check yourself and your laptop into the local Marriott for a day or two, it will cost far less than an accelerated course.

As for the plane, you need a de-iced twin, which is easy to say when I'm spending your money, but the capability and redundancy will put a significantly higher number of flights in the "GO" column. The consensus around here seems to be that a Cessna 310/55 Baron/Seneca can be operated for around $350/hour. User Eggman actually had the exact plane you need and a very similar mission until he started sipping kerosene. He might be able to provide you some good numbers and insight. What I haven't seen mentioned yet is that if you have the juice to go turboprop, you will be un-insurable for many hours, requiring an SIC and yearly sim trips to be added to the budget.

Good info. I've used Gleim stuff before and aces my PPL with it. Although... Now Gleim has all these different versions of the course available. Any other recommendations here?

Interesting on the Insurance... Actually I didn't give this a ton of thought. I thought maybe 10 hours in type would get me a go, but sounds like I haven't researched that enough. I'm not opposed to a twin but most if not all of them that I've seen... Don't have club seating, still seat 4 people, and maintenance costs go through the roof.... But perhaps I'm misinformed there? I haven't looked into twins enough TBO. And generally what I've seen as been a crap load more expensive. But yea, de-ice or the capability to add-on for not a crap load of hassle is kinda a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, why club seating? Will you be filling all 6 seats that frequently?

Out of curiosity, why club seating? Will you be filling all 6 seats that frequently?

Most likely yes. Or at least 4 to 5 of them. When you're signing up F500 Customers dealing with C level execs for large multi-year complex projects, sometimes wining dining apply (not for me of course... I don't drink at all)... But more times than not, requires last minute rapid planning and it's usually not just me in the aircraft. A
Crammed aircraft isn't conducive all the time.

Most likely yes. Or at least 4 to 5 of them. When you're signing up F500 Customers dealing with C level execs for large multi-year complex projects, sometimes wining dining apply (not for me of course... I don't drink at all)... But more times than not, requires last minute rapid planning and it's usually not just me in the aircraft. A
Crammed aircraft isn't conducive all the time.

Sounds like you really need a cabin class twin in order to comply with what you wrote. Older plane like C402 or Piper Navajo at the bottom I guess (starting point) and on up.

Sounds like you really need a cabin class twin in order to comply with what you wrote. Older plane like C402 or Piper Navajo at the bottom I guess (starting point) and on up.

I'm trying to compromise a little. A Saratoga like cabin is "probably" ok so I don't have to get CRAZY! I don't have millions to spend on a plane.... Otherwise we'd be talking a jet. Realistically id like to preferably buy something lower than $150k if I have to splurge a little in a pinch... I guess I would. But all things said the more I can save the better. Of course I know nothing of haggling on used planes anyways...

Now that I've made up my mind on buckling down for the IFR, I think first order of business is GLEIM, study and test, then figure out the combo sim/actual needed,
Then pass the practical... And then somewhere in there get a plane and a hangar.

10 day IFR at American Flyers, VA will cover it too but you have to be dual enrolled in the commercial which isn't a problem. I went that route. Get your IR first cause the best plane in the world wont get you anywhere more reliable without having an IR. Just do it.

I don't think the issue of icing has been emphasized enough here. In the OPs northern clime (mine too) low clouds with ice are common all winter. That is a huge limiter for a non-FIKI airplane and sometimes a limiter even for them.

Another thing that concerns me is this "wining and dining" notion beginning in post #20. Work all day, then take customers for an airplane ride is a recipe for an exhausted pilot, gethereitis notwithstanding. You can be competent teetotaler with a wonderful flight plan, well trained, and conservative, but a mistake due to exhaustion can also make you dead. We had a Cirrus pilot kill himself this way at our home 'drome a few years ago. A company president, he left early in the morning on a business trip to two different cities for customer meetings. At around 8PM he came in on a VFR approach, forgot to slow down (Approach radar had him), and tried to go around. The airplane bit him and the only thing left was a smoking pile of loose glass fiber about midway down the runway. Be careful out there!

10 day IFR at American Flyers, VA will cover it too but you have to be dual enrolled in the commercial which isn't a problem. I went that route. Get your IR first cause the best plane in the world wont get you anywhere more reliable without having an IR. Just do it.

I did my PPT at American Flyers at palwaukee under 141 (now Chicago Exec) and used a nice chunk of the ol GI BILL to cover some Costs there. Unfortunately, the same American Flyers is now defunct and PWK is a hike and half for me anyways. Wouldn't mind having the commercial at some point as well just to have it as a backup plan if ever I needed one. Not necessarily a priority for me though. But good to know.

I did my PPT at American Flyers at palwaukee under 141 (now Chicago Exec) and used a nice chunk of the ol GI BILL to cover some Costs there. Unfortunately, the same American Flyers is now defunct and PWK is a hike and half for me anyways. Wouldn't mind having the commercial at some point as well just to have it as a backup plan if ever I needed one. Not necessarily a priority for me though. But good to know.

And incase you don't know, Even if you used all your GIBILL you can switch over to the Post 9/11 bill and have another semester of usage. I used all GIBILL and called them up about my IR. They switched me over to post 9/11 bill and BOOM I had a semester left and was able to do my IR. But Ultimately you will still fall under the 10 year limit from separating to use it all.

I don't think the issue of icing has been emphasized enough here. In the OPs northern clime (mine too) low clouds with ice are common all winter. That is a huge limiter for a non-FIKI airplane and sometimes a limiter even for them.

Another thing that concerns me is this "wining and dining" notion beginning in post #20. Work all day, then take customers for an airplane ride is a recipe for an exhausted pilot, gethereitis notwithstanding. You can be competent teetotaler with a wonderful flight plan, well trained, and conservative, but a mistake due to exhaustion can also make you dead. We had a Cirrus pilot kill himself this way at our home 'drome a few years ago. A company president, he left early in the morning on a business trip to two different cities for customer meetings. At around 8PM he came in on a VFR approach, forgot to slow down (Approach radar had him), and tried to go around. The airplane bit him and the only thing left was a smoking pile of loose glass fiber about midway down the runway. Be careful out there!

Ah ah... I see what you're doing there. But no. That's not an issue or the nature of my business. I don't work all day and then go wine and dine. The stuff I do, I'm flying in for an hour or 2 business meeting. And if I'm flying I stay solid to 8 hours max work day before rest anyways. I get what you're saying here, but I'm pretty dang safe. But yep, always careful and cognizant! I don't overdue it.

I'm trying to compromise a little. A Saratoga like cabin is "probably" ok so I don't have to get CRAZY! I don't have millions to spend on a plane.... Otherwise we'd be talking a jet. Realistically id like to preferably buy something lower than $150k if I have to splurge a little in a pinch... I guess I would. But all things said the more I can save the better. Of course I know nothing of haggling on used planes anyways...

A Saratoga will be crowded back there even with 3 let along 4 passengers in the club seats, which you mentioned wanting to avoid. Just depends on your mission.

Maybe I am wrong but seems like the desire to avoid
is in conflict with the desired capability.

I'm not certain. I've seen turboprop Malibu Mirages (although not sure on quip) in the 400k range with 2000 SMOH leaving 2000 on the engine.... But that's a bit much. I've also seen Saratogas for less than 60k but not many with de-ice... Seen a few.
Prices really seem to very. And as I said before, I could really care less if the whole thing is all glass Garmin or not. That's not a necessity for me.

And incase you don't know, Even if you used all your GIBILL you can switch over to the Post 9/11 bill and have another semester of usage. I used all GIBILL and called them up about my IR. They switched me over to post 9/11 bill and BOOM I had a semester left and was able to do my IR. But Ultimately you will still fall under the 10 year limit from separating to use it all.

Pretty sure I expired unfortunately... Ah well. I thought Montgomery GI Bill didn't have a 10 year on it, I thought maybe 15. I need to check on that.

A Saratoga will be crowded back there even with 3 let along 4 passengers in the club seats, which you mentioned wanting to avoid. Just depends on your mission.

So realistically I see it as one of 2
Configurations -

Me, my business partner, and one or 2 folks from customer. Some bodies up front with me and 2 in the back...

Or config B...

Me, My wife and 2 kids.

Someone's up front with me and 2 peeps In the back... And hell maybe even the dog.

Config B probably won't be happening till the kids are older anyways. (5-6 years out)

So realistically I see it as one of 2
Configurations -

Me, my business partner, and one or 2 folks from customer. Some bodies up front with me and 2 in the back...

Or config B...

Me, My wife and 2 kids.

Someone's up front with me and 2 peeps In the back... And hell maybe even the dog.

Config B probably won't be happening till the kids are older anyways. (5-6 years out)

That would be doable and comfortable for all. I was addressing where you said a full boat, 5-6 total.

That would be doable and comfortable for all. I was addressing where you said a full boat, 5-6 total.

Yep got it... You're right to do so. Basically I'm flying it with the intent of a comfortable 4 people
Flying, but in the rare (if unlikely) instance a 6 PAX. Saratoga was looking great, but it's that de-ice that's bogging me down. And I need to make up some of that speed on the long hauls with altitude. But oxygen on board is ok in lieu of pressurization. Pressurization is a nice to have but not a must have, and I realize highly unlikely anyways. Of course with the Saratogas, just about everyone I talk to says "OH THE TC versions are TERRIBLE on maintenance! Stay away!"

So I never know what to believe anymore lol. This is really quite a challenge I'm finding, in trying to find the right plane, AME, hangar. Even just going to look at a plane... No idea who I even talk to or bring with, or how to haggle it lol. Quite the learning experience in and of itself.

Btw... Somewhere overhead commercially east of Knoxville at the moment... Thinking to myself.... "Why am I not instrument rated yet.... " lol

bcf644e91ca77b3662259cb20aa3304e.jpg

Any Bonanzas with club seating?
The A36 is one. A really nice feature of that airframe are the rear doors.

Of the various people the OP might want to discuss ownership with for a project like this, Ted DuPuis and Bruce Chien come to mind. Both have a huge amount of ownership experience, operate in the same region as the OP, and are often willing to share wisdom about aircraft, especially multi engine ones. Likely there are others, but those two are in my top five to talk to if I was considering what the OP is considering.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I've never seen or heard of a bonanza with FIKI, after market ice protection, yes. But nothing that you could legally FIKI with (yes I just used it a verb #dealwithit)

My vote to study for any written test is Sheppard air. Use it once and you'll never touch a gleim book again. I wish I knew about them sooner. I used it for my commercial, FOI, CFI/CFII and ATP

Back