100 Ways to Die

As far as a job goes that can kill me? No, but I work on film sets at school running electricity using 400 amp distro boxes, with a single F up you can die.
How perfectly dreadful for you. Where's your "100 Ways to Get Electrocuted on a Movie Set" video?

What? You don't think people would find that entertaining?

I hadn't heard that deaths due to electrocution on movie sets were that common. My guess is that if five people died in a year from shocks on movie sets, it'd be a horrible scandal and the unions, industry, and government would all be looking at how to make it stop.

Five pilots dying is considered a safe WEEK.

Ron Wanttaja

I have zero interest in making friends on this forum.

If that's the case, why bother posting up your movie? To impress everyone with how clever you are? Another problem you might have here is most folks have little use for baseless self-aggrandizement.

I had him on ignore before the ink dried on his first post. Who needs that aggravation?

If that's the case, why bother posting up your movie? To impress everyone with how clever you are? Another problem you might have here is most folks have little use for baseless self-aggrandizement.

Well, I just spent 16 hours in the car and was unable to read the loads of crap people posted in this thread.

For starters, there are a lot of people who are real pilots who play flight sims. I myself have flown quite a few different planes and logged about 25 hours before I stopped.

As far as a job goes that can kill me? No, but I work on film sets at school running electricity using 400 amp distro boxes, with a single F up you can die.

Now, I am not sure if you guys are trying to butt hurt me or something, I think so with the “I suspect he's headed back down into his mom's basement...” Matthew had made. Actually, I live by myself, in my own apartment. Just an add on I live on the second floor so basement doesn’t work xD

If you want to butt hurt me, try harder.

The simple immaturity of some of the people in this thread kind of amazes me.

Honestly, get a sense of humor because clearly you don’t have one. You are acting like I posted actual footage of people dying. Try to find humor in a silly video of crashing in game.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99091

Read the comments. No one here seemed to not like it. I am going to assume that the three down votes are from people here. That’s fine. Not a big deal. Doesn’t bother me ☺

BTW - I am a pilot that also flies simulators for fun....doesn't mean I like seeing people simulate the day that I die in an airplane.

Oh, and no one here is trying to anally rape you, if that's what you're implying.

Severum

How can you talk about a subject you have no experience. Have you ever been dead? If not jump over the cliff with Lord Obama. He will resuscitate your for the next elections as an absentee ballot voter.

José

Lets not get into a discussion about politics. I sure as hell didn’t vote for the guy.

Hmmm, not possible. All this talk about being butt hurt sounds like you are still in high school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm a combat vet. I've been shot at and scared sh*tless. I've shot back. I've had close friends die in crashes. I'm a private pilot.

I found the video entertaining.

Someone who could easily have died, found the video entertaining. Interesting.

How perfectly dreadful for you. Where's your "100 Ways to Get Electrocuted on a Movie Set" video?

What? You don't think people would find that entertaining?

Actually that would be quite interesting. Good CGI would be needed though. However I could only think of a handful of ways to get electrocuted on set so I don’t think I can reach 100. Ill pitch it to a few friends for lulz and see what they say.

Ummm... This sounds suspiciously like MX

I have no idea what MX means. I’ll guess another tosser like me right? xD

BTW - I am a pilot that also flies simulators for fun....doesn't mean I like seeing people simulate the day that I die in an airplane.

Oh, and no one here is trying to anally rape you, if that's what you're implying.
Here you go. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ButtHurt

No no, he plays Modern Warfare. That's the same thing!

Actually CoD is for little ****ties who wish they were good. I don’t waste my time playing with whiny 5 year olds who QQ over getting killed.

Maybe he was in the [insert name of least-favorite branch of service]....

Lets see, I wanted to join the Air Force and become a pilot, didn’t have the grades. Hated high school and was never an academic person.

Was going to join the Army and do field artillery. Bitched out.

Was going to join the Coast Guard. Recruiter was a total tosser. Didn’t waste my time after the last phone call I had with him.

I can no longer fly so I stuck with my next passion, film. I enjoy editing. I got a great grade in editing class and I am now about to edit a large indie film.

I will state it again. I made the video for laughs. Came up with a bunch of stupid ways you can crash your plane in a game. I didn’t make it to offend people. Simple as that.

Once again, its an F’ing video game. It isn’t real life.

Again, I do not find death funny. Watching videos of plane crashes makes me sad knowing those people aren’t coming back. It sucks.

This was a game. I crashed my plane over 100 times for complete laughs. Why do I laugh at that? Because there’s a little button that says RCVR. I know for a fact if I had to witness an actual plane crash where people would get killed that would stick with me for the rest of my life.

However, I wouldn’t let a fake sim game video offend me like people here.

L
Was going to join the Coast Guard. Recruiter was a total tosser. Didn’t waste my time after the last phone call I had with him.

:rofl: :rofl: If your grades weren't good enough for the AF then there was no way you were getting in the CG. With your displayed attitude and intelligence level the CG wasn't interested.
(OBTW I have some knowledge of CG requirements) :D

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: If your grades weren't good enough for the AF then there was no way you were getting in the CG. With your displayed attitude and intelligence level the CG wasn't interested.
(OBTW I have some knowledge of CG requirements) :D

Well, you dont know me IRL. That being said you dont know how I act around people.

As far as my grades go, I never confirmed if they were to ****ty to get in the AF. I knew I probably wouldnt get into the academy. So I said screw it. I mean its whatever, I am doing something else that I love and enjoy and thats what matters.

OK, I got to see this thing now.

Do you have a clip that doesn't require login/sign-up?

As far as games go they're great and getting better. In college we thought it would be fun to hook up electrodes fired by Zaxxon crashes of the pilot. I still think it's a good idea. More and more intense with each crash until you can't take it anyore.

It would be a money maker if you could get the liability worked out.

Well, you dont know me IRL. That being said you dont know how I act around people.

As far as my grades go, I never confirmed if they were to ****ty to get in the AF. I knew I probably wouldnt get into the academy. So I said screw it. I mean its whatever, I am doing something else that I love and enjoy and thats what matters.

I assume you are close to how you are in these posts.

If your grades weren't good enough for the AFA then they probably weren't good enough to get into the CG at any level. The CG is a Federal law enforcement service. Every petty officer, warrant officer and commissioned officer are sworn Federal law enforcement officers and authorized to act as US Customs officers. It has always been, and is today, the most difficult of all the services to qualify for.

But I'm glad you found fulfilling work in any event.

Thanks Ron, found it.

It's not too bad, fast paced at least, liked the score. Perhaps more interesting to be watching it now on the eve of my next test-flight, and also similar to some mental clips I already play too. Gotta think about what to avoid!

Like the hilarious bit of the drunken airline pilots by Man Show's Kimmel & Corrola, sometimes a bit too close to home for overall comfort for the sensitive types.

Hope you can make some money with it.

I will say that I believe so much sim time has helped with my instrument performance. Especially the older ones where most of the screen was filled with the panel.

Lets see, I wanted to join the Air Force and become a pilot, didn’t have the grades. Hated high school and was never an academic person.

Was going to join the Army and do field artillery. Bitched out.

I can no longer fly so I stuck with my next passion, film. I enjoy editing. I got a great grade in editing class and I am now about to edit a large indie film.

Look I do not know you from Adam, but I know your type. You are young and very self important. As you get older and mature hopefully you will change as well. My guess is the uniormed services did not want you as much as you did not want them.

Sorry that most of us do not find humor in your video, so get over it. No amount of defending it is going to change most of our minds. What someone finds humorous has much to do with life experience. Being a pilot and playing a pilot on a computer are two completely different things. Your video makes fun of something we take quite seriously, and so it would not be expected that most of us would not find it funny.

I will state it again. I made the video for laughs. Came up with a bunch of stupid ways you can crash your plane in a game. I didn’t make it to offend people. Simple as that.

Once again, its an F’ing video game. It isn’t real life.

Again, I do not find death funny. Watching videos of plane crashes makes me sad knowing those people aren’t coming back. It sucks.

This was a game. I crashed my plane over 100 times for complete laughs. Why do I laugh at that? Because there’s a little button that says RCVR. I know for a fact if I had to witness an actual plane crash where people would get killed that would stick with me for the rest of my life.

However, I wouldn’t let a fake sim game video offend me like people here.

You may have not made it to offend people, however, you should have realized that a group of people who fly for real, would potentially find it offensive. Pick any group of people that have a common thread, and make jokes about what they take quite seriously(such as dying in an airplane crash) and you may find that they are offended as well. That is human nature. You are obviously quite offended by some of the comments people have made about you and your video. Think about why you are offended and maybe you will find the intelligence to realize why many of us are offended by your video.

Well, I can honestly say that I seriously never in a million years would have thought this would offend people. Thats why I posted it. If I thought people would get upset over it I wouldnt have done so.

It doesnt matter. The damage is done. You all downvoted it now the ratings look like complete ****. I would have to create 13 accounts to counteract that.

The video has been up for 5 days and has almost 1000 views. More people have enjoyed it than didnt enjoy it and thats what matters to me. I am still proud of my video. Whether it offends people or not will not change how I feel about it.

Theres no reason to beat a dead horse.

Can a mod lock this thread please?

I keep trying to see the vid, get "No Video" when I click the link.

Actually that would be quite interesting. Good CGI would be needed though. However I could only think of a handful of ways to get electrocuted on set so I don’t think I can reach 100. Ill pitch it to a few friends for lulz and see what they say.

Maybe I can help you out with that:hairraise:

Well not on set, however...
I work with 13KV switchgear. Back in the '80's and 90's I worked on airport lighting systems, which included working in manholes all over the airfields. Those system were 4160 volt constant current regulators! Believe me, there were hundreds of ways to get electrocuted:eek:.

When I first started on the job, the old timers told me a story. One day an electrician and his helper had a job to repair some runway lighting cables in a manhole. The helper was supposed to secure the power in the switch house, however, he F-ed up!

The electrician failed to properly verify that the circuit was indeed dead, before he started his splicing job. Unfortunately, he paid for that mistake with his life!

He cut into a live wire (4160v) and was electrocuted! I don't want to get too graphic but he was still alive when they shut off the power and as they started to retrieve him from the manhole, his charred skin started peeling off!!!

I won't comment on the video because I haven't watched it (not working on my iPad), but I can understand how it could be a sensitive issue to my fellow pilots. Just like a simulation of electricians getting electrocuted, would be a bit disturbing to me.

By the way I've enjoyed practically every PC flight/combat sim produced since 1983. I've chuckled a few times at my own sim crashes or being shot down, but never found much fun in intentionally crashing. But that's just me, not telling anyone else what to find fun in :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It doesnt matter. The damage is done. You all downvoted it now the ratings look like complete ****. I would have to create 13 accounts to counteract that.
More people have enjoyed it than didnt enjoy it and thats what matters to me.

These statements seem somewhat contradictory.
Can a mod lock this thread please?
Hopefully not. It would be disappointing if the MC permitted you to post but prohibited any responses.

These statements seem somewhat contradictory.

Do explain how they are contradicting. You people down voting it is whatever. It has over 1000 views and people enjoy it. Thats what matters to me.

It was interesting, it went from 3 dislikes to 13 in about a day. Considering my constant "immaturity" butthurt some of the people here I am willing to bet they actually went out of their way to down vote my video.

Look dude, people got butt hurt and continue to say the same thing. I get it. People are upset. Gotcha. Theres really no reason for this to continue.

I kindly requested a mod put an end to this madness yet you want it to continue. Alrighty than.

Do explain how they are contradicting. You people down voting it is whatever. It has over 1000 views and people enjoy it. Thats what matters to me.

It was interesting, it went from 3 dislikes to 13 in about a day. Considering my constant "immaturity" butthurt some of the people here I am willing to bet they actually went out of their way to down vote my video.

Look dude, people got butt hurt and continue to say the same thing. I get it. People are upset. Gotcha. Theres really no reason for this to continue.

I kindly requested a mod put an end to this madness yet you want it to continue. Alrighty than.
You are making assumptions that the pilots on this forum cared enough about your video to actually spend the time to vote dislike. In all actuality, this assumption maybe wrong, and there are others that did not like it either. Get over it, not everyone liked what Picasso had to offer either, and I can assure you, your not even in the same universe as Picasso.

Get used to the critcism, if you cannot, you will always be a little boy in a man's body, or as my assistant often tells some of my employees when the complain too much, "put you big girl's panties on."

You need to realize that, for many you are like a baby seal in a killer whale's mouth: we are going to play with you and tease you until we finally get board with you and then eat you for dinner.

You need to realize that, for many you are like a baby seal in a killer whale's mouth: we are going to play with you and tease you until we finally get board with you and then eat you for dinner.

That's about the best categorization of POA I've ever heard!

The dislike bar spiked after I started ****ing people off here. Put the two together. I am more than willing to say thats what happened.

And Nick, Theres no butt hurt here.

If you think you can just get rid of me via words, you are sadly mistaken trust me. Its gonna take more than a few words to butt hurt me :rofl:

Sorry about the typo board should be bored but you know in retrospect it works anyway.

72 posts later, and you know what would have stopped this train-wreck a page and a half ago?

If you apologized.

You said you created this to be funny, and you were surprised it offended people. Several people have not only said they were offended, but explained in detail why they were, so that you could maybe learn how to be less offensive in the future.

Instead of apologizing, and thanking people for their time and energy explaining the source of their discomfort at this material, you have attacked the people who got over their emotions on this subject and tried to help you.

I watched a famous air show pilot mess up, drag a wingtip on the ground, flip her plane a dozen times, burn to death in the ensuing fireball, oh, all while her son was on a live microphone, as he was narrating his mother's performance before the crash. I felt the heat of the burning fuel on my face and arms. I'm sorry I don't find anything funny about air crashes. Does that make me a stupid tosser because I dislike your video? Will you attack me for my opinion? Or will you learn what we are trying to teach you and grow from the experience?

What a terrible video. Just nothing good about it. Poor graphics, cheap music, idiotic premise.

Consider getting a CDL or some other means to support yourself. Videos and entertainment are not in your future.

The dislike bar spiked after I started ****ing people off here. Put the two together. I am more than willing to say thats what happened.

And Nick, Theres no butt hurt here.

You certainly sound butt hurt to me.

Time to call the Waaaaaaaambulance.

Nah I am telling you theres no butt hurt here. I was simply stating what I figured happened. Thats not being butt hurt.

@weilke, I guess I am kind of screwed then considering I am half way through college for film XD

@livitup, I would have. But people had to start posting stupid **** so figured F it, I'm not wasting my time. I rather sit here and troll.

Thats what I should do as a profession. Professional Troll :D

I rather sit here and troll.

Thats what I should do as a profession. Professional Troll :D

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_faq_rules_of_conduct

Trolling is prohibited. Whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board, it is considered "trolling." The public posting of reputation comments received, which are considered by PoA to be personal and confidential, is considered ipso facto trolling. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run; it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

@weilke, I guess I am kind of screwed then considering I am half way through college for film XD

Wow, I hope they teach you some skill in the second half. And maybe throw in some marketing and PR in there for good measure.

It might do you some good to learn how to discuss something in a responsible manner with adults without using the phrase "butt hurt". Perhaps that is a class they should teach in college.

Of course you decide to resort to immaturity again by replacing the link to the video in your original post to a Rick video. For those that actually want to see it, here is the real video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeOvP_yG2oY

I've read the thread, watched the video, and was also annoyed by your rickrolling attempt, and constant use of the phrase "butt hurt". All of those factors combined caused me to give it a thumbs down. Sorry.

Last edited:

Well, maybe Trolling isn’t the right word. But that’s whatever.

Wow, I hope they teach you some skill in the second half. And maybe throw in some marketing and PR in there for good measure.

Skill in what exactly? I am already doing freelance work as an editor and I also got the editing position on an independent film. So to all of you who said my editing is terrible, kiss my ass :D

It might do you some good to learn how to discuss something in a responsible manner with adults without using the phrase "butt hurt". Perhaps that is a class they should teach in college.

Of course you decide to resort to immaturity again by replacing the link to the video in your original post to a Rick video. For those that actually want to see it, here is the real video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeOvP_yG2oY

I've read the thread, watched the video, and was also annoyed by your rickrolling attempt, and constant use of the phrase "butt hurt". All of those factors combined caused me to give it a thumbs down. Sorry.

Okay, now this comment actually made me laugh a lot.

They told us professionalism is important in school and they expect us to act as such. They do not “teach” us how to act on an internet forum, nor will they ever. I would be very ****ed off if I was spending money to be taught that.

Now, yeah, I replaced the video. Lets take a second and go back a bit here..

You are making assumptions that the pilots on this forum cared enough about your video to actually spend the time to vote dislike.

This dude actually cared enough to go out of his way and look up the video and repost the actual link to it. So I believe that act alone proved my point. Not to mention he also down voted it.

I think getting rick rolled butt hurt you, didn’t it jesse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNrK-n68CM Try this, listen to this song while reading my comments. I listen to it every time I post here. It makes it so much more epic to me :D

Back