100 Ways to Die

The dislike bar spiked after I started ****ing people off here. Put the two together. I am more than willing to say thats what happened.
To be more precise, the negative feedback spiked after you switched from posting about the video in forums frequented by people who mostly fly fake airplanes to those frequented by people who mostly fly real ones. It's not a "POA" issue; it's your not anticipating that actual pilots might not think it was as knee-slappingly funny as you apparently thought it was.

Ron Wanttaja

However, I wouldn’t let a fake sim game video offend me like people here.

You post this on a aviation site, with REAL pilots... yea probably not going to go over too well.

Secondly what kind of looser "film student" sits around all day and WATCHES other people PLAY VIDEO GAMES, gets all that crap video, spend god knows how much time editing it to even worse music, tracks down the "credit" for all the kids that were playing the games, makes up accounts on all these forums, post on said forms.....holy hell! get a life!

That crap fest of a video you made was 17 minutes, I made it thorough about 1 minute of crappy gay techno music and poor graphics and I was about ready to gouge my eyes out.

You sound like the product of a upper middle class euro mom, dad was never around type of "family unit".

Go eat some more ritalin and keep on being that cool kid :yes:

Skill in what exactly? I am already doing freelance work as an editor and I also got the editing position on an independent film. So to all of you who said my editing is terrible, kiss my ass :D

Skill in producing and editing a video project.

It is awful.

You post this on a aviation site, with REAL pilots... yea probably not going to go over too well.

Secondly what kind of looser "film student" sits around all day and WATCHES other people PLAY VIDEO GAMES, gets all that crap video, spend god knows how much time editing it to even worse music, tracks down the "credit" for all the kids that were playing the games, makes up accounts on all these forums, post on said forms.....holy hell! get a life!

That crap fest of a video you made was 17 minutes, I made it thorough about 1 minute of crappy gay techno music and poor graphics and I was about ready to gouge my eyes out.

You sound like the product of a upper middle class euro mom, dad was never around type of "family unit".

Go eat some more ritalin and keep on being that cool kid :yes:

Well, funny actually. All those names were the people who gave me ideas on ways to die. I filmed and recorded all the footage myself. Its all on the lock on forums if you wish for me to link you.

Secondly, I have a life. I go to school and I work. Playing video games and making films with them is something I do on the side as a hobby.

As far as graphics go, I had to turn them down for the increased number of explosions.

You say I create accounts on random forums to post my **** videos there? Well thats not the case. I joined this forum nearly 2 years ago because I had questions in regards to me flying and didn't know where to go. Any other forum I am part of, I am there for a reason. Pretty stupid assumption if you ask me.

As far as being that "cool kid" I shall :yes:

My butt hurts.

told us professionalism is important in school and they expect us to act as such. They do not “teach” us how to act on an internet forum, nor will they ever. I would be very ****ed off if I was spending money to be taught
Wow, you do not get it at all. Professionalism is important everywhere. Especially everywhere that is permanent and could one day track back to you.

For example you claim to be a film student and you also claim to run some kind of gaming film thing. Do you think it's possible that one day you'll apply for a real job where you must act responsibly? You might even have to make it through the interview without using the phrase "butt hurt".

Even more important is that you may want to reference your work as examples of your ability while you're job hunting. Anyone with half a brain hiring will google that, run into posts like yours on here, and quickly toss your resume in the trash. That is real.

If you are thinking that you'll just never expose all this work you're doing as part of your portfolio. Then why in the hell are you doing it? Do things that will make you better at your profession. Represent yourself responsibly everywhere. You will excel.

Professionalism on forums matters. Google is powerful and employers use it.

Yeah, like Jesse knows anything about being young, having an attitude and communicating on the Internet... :D

Ugh. This same thread on the Eagle Dynamics forums has 16 posts and the last post was n the 23rd.

Here it is still going and is edging up on 100 posts.

I enjoyed the video but gave it a thumbs down anyway, mostly based on the extreme overuse of the term "butt hurt" in this thread. Best possible outcome is for the OP to move on and let this thread die a natural death.

I'm not worried about this coming back to me as I will not be using any of my online names in a resume or anything of the sort. My portfolio is on a separate private channel. I'm not worried by the least.

As far as this thread dying, it will die once it is locked and I am not by any means walking away.

I'm not worried about this coming back to me as I will not be using any of my online names in a resume or anything of the sort. My portfolio is on a separate private channel. I'm not worried by the least.

So you never plan to use "blueentertainment.net" , "Severum Productions", "Navras Presents", or "A Lockon Flaming Cliffs 2 Movie" in your portfolio?

No I do not. People looking for editors don't want people who make gaming videos. Like I said, I have a separate channel with live action edits I have done. Those of which I will use in my portfolio.

No I do not. People looking for editors don't want people who make gaming videos. Like I said, I have a separate channel with live action edits I have done. Those of which I will use in my portfolio.

Would you get over yourself already?

By the way, I think you're lying through your teeth. I really do. Anyone who's spent any time working professionally in the arts knows how do deal with criticism without all the drama. Moreover, that movie wasn't the product of a pro. I think you're a pimply 13 year old sitting on your mom's basement couch watching Power Rangers on TV eating mayonnaise out of the jar.

Would you get over yourself already?

By the way, I think you're lying through your teeth. I really do. Anyone who's spent any time working professionally in the arts knows how do deal with criticism without all the drama. Moreover, that movie wasn't the product of a pro. I think you're a pimply 13 year old sitting on your mom's basement couch watching Power Rangers on TV eating mayonnaise out of the jar.

What is there to get over?

And please tell me everything I am lying about.

Makes me want to eat that cyanide pill disguised as a button on my shirt. Make it all end!!!!!

Makes me want to eat that cyanide pill disguised as a button on my shirt. Make it all end!!!!!

Just a collision of the gamer world with the real world. This has happened before, it is never pretty.

Just a collision of the gamer world with the real world. This has happened before, it is never pretty.

Mr. Rogers seemed to be a pretty good facilitator between the world of make-believe and the real world.

What is there to get over?

First, the minute I told you you'd presented the wrong thing to the wrong audience you should have just given it up. A pro would have realized it quickly, and bowed out with grace. You never know when you might need someone's good graces. You've certainly run yourself out of them.

And please tell me everything I am lying about.

That you are planning to engage in video editing professionally. If you were for real you wouldn't present such a hack job.

Perhaps I've spoken too strongly, but I've never seen anyone functioning professionally in the arts acting like you are in this thread. Never. I am a published author, and my wife was a free-lance artist prior to our marriage.

Perhaps you are but a head-strong student, in which case you might try and learn something. You are behaving atrociously.

Mr. Rogers seemed to be a pretty good facilitator between the world of make-believe and the real world.

Mr Rogers knew that there was a world of make-believe separate from reality.

First, the minute I told you you'd presented the wrong thing to the wrong audience you should have just given it up. A pro would have realized it quickly, and bowed out with grace. You never know when you might need someone's good graces. You've certainly run yourself out of them.

That you are planning to engage in video editing professionally. If you were for real you wouldn't present such a hack job.

Perhaps I've spoken too strongly, but I've never seen anyone functioning professionally in the arts acting like you are in this thread. Never. I am a published author, and my wife was a free-lance artist prior to our marriage.

Perhaps you are but a head-strong student, in which case you might try and learn something. You are behaving atrociously.

QQ more why dont you.

Honestly, I stopped caring once people started talking stupid **** about me and dont know the first thing about me.

Why do I continue? Because I simply dont give enough of a **** to stop. Plus you guys constantly going at me makes me laugh :yesnod: :lol:

Last edited:
28673306.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to watch the video (after an '80s flashback video for some reason) and like this thread, I really couldn't watch it all. Not because I was offended, but because it is so boring and pointless. I guess if you play these games it might be funny, I don't know. I'm one of those whiny kids that plays CoD and Halo, so what do I know?

I get why many here are offended by this crappy video, but grow a thicker skin. No reason to lay into a guy and make personal attacks. Just say "Crappy video" and move on.

I think it's kind of funny that there are people here chiding this guy for spending loads of time playing games and making dumb videos, when they're here with 10s of thousands of posts under their belt, posting yet again in worthless thread that is now five pages deep. Lots of ways to waste your time folks. To each their own.

To the OP-

Good luck in the film industry. It's an industry that has supported me for the last 20 years and I am intimately familiar with Grip and Electric. Editing can be a tough gig these days to make money at. At least until you get a reputation. However, if editing is what you really like to do, stick with it, don't fall into the trap of the easier money that can be found in Grip and Electric. Many get stuck there for life.

Oh yeah, Stop saying butt hurt! :mad2:

... and what the hell does QQ mean?

I tried to watch the video (after an '80s flashback video for some reason) and like this thread, I really couldn't watch it all. Not because I was offended, but because it is so boring and pointless. I guess if you play these games it might be funny, I don't know. I'm one of those whiny kids that plays CoD and Halo, so what do I know?

I get why many here are offended by this crappy video, but grow a thicker skin. No reason to lay into a guy and make personal attacks. Just say "Crappy video" and move on.

I think it's kind of funny that there are people here chiding this guy for spending loads of time playing games and making dumb videos, when they're here with 10s of thousands of posts under their belt, posting yet again in worthless thread that is now five pages deep. Lots of ways to waste your time folks. To each their own.

To the OP-

Good luck in the film industry. It's an industry that has supported me for the last 20 years and I am intimately familiar with Grip and Electric. Editing can be a tough gig these days to make money at. At least until you get a reputation. However, if editing is what you really like to do, stick with it, don't fall into the trap of the easier money that can be found in Grip and Electric. Many get stuck there for life.

Oh yeah, Stop saying butt hurt! :mad2:

... and what the hell does QQ mean?

^^ I like this guy.

A set of crying eyes, pronounced as "Cue Cue". Thats what QQ is. Like "why dont you cry more." is an example.

Because that dude is legit, I will refrain from using butt hurt in any of my later posts.

Also darrell, your meme is stupid gtfo.

I watched part of it a week or so ago. I still want my 5 minutes or so of life back...

Back