100 Ways to Die

thenewseverum

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Severum
100 Ways to Die in Lock On
Here we are ladies and gentlemen. After several months of putting this off I have finally completed it. Hours and hours have been spent not only on trying to list 100 different
ways to die, but recording each demo, than playing back each demo and recording the footage with fraps with four renders. This is without a doubt the largest project I have
worked on in my life. (As far as gaming goes..)

I am now representing Blue Entertainment.

Blue Entertainment is a small group of people who greatly enjoy the movie making side of gaming. We have everything from Frag vids, to Machinimas, to random things we do for fun.

Check us out at www.blueentertainment.net

Now, back to this video. I want to give thanks to the following people-

Krebs20
RIPTIDE
Chrischn89
Critical Bill
Aliboy
Grimes
Sov13t
Frostie
Case
Krunkskimo
Combatace
159th Viper
Sickem
Will W.
Ryan T.
Ded Rogatiy
Aquarius Varun
Beczl
Dolphin887
Little-Dog
Random Sound Effects People..

All of these people in some way contributed to this film and I thank all of you.
If I missed your name, I am sorry.

Mods used-
Black Dragon SU-33 Skin
Mig-21BiS for FC2
FC2.0 More Flyable Planes Mod

Music In Order(Excluding Intro)-
Pendulum - Blood Sugar
IC - Felix Retrorsum
Pendulum - Propane Nightmares (Remix)
Sound Stabs - Wooh (Official)

Music Credits-
http://www.youtube.com/user/PendulumPublisher
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheInstrumentalCore
http://www.youtube.com/user/SoundStabs

Without farther to do. I present, 100 Ways to Die in Lock On.
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Dont forget to thumbs up and subscribe!!!

Last edited:
Seems like a waste of time to me. Lots and lots of real airplane crashes on Youtube and everyone else's favorite viral video sites. You can see guys die for real if that's how you get your jollies. Heck, there's even a thread of it on this site.

People dying in real life is by no means funny. Its tragic and sad. At least in a game you can respawn. I figured a forum of aviation enthusiasts you would find this funny. I guess I was wrong. Shame really but whatever. :rolleyes2:

I have posted this video on several other forums and all the comments I have seen have shown that people find it funny.

I cant fly. This is what I do to make up for it. I have no idea what you guys have against flight sims but it clearly seems to me theres always that stupid comment about what I do.

I'm a video editor. I play flight sims. I combine the two. What is the problem?

Do enlighten me.

People dying in real life is by no means funny. Its tragic and sad. At least in a game you can respawn. I figured a forum of aviation enthusiasts you would find this funny. I guess I was wrong. Shame really but whatever. :rolleyes2:

I have posted this video on several other forums and all the comments I have seen have shown that people find it funny.

I cant fly. This is what I do to make up for it. I have no idea what you guys have against flight sims but it clearly seems to me theres always that stupid comment about what I do.

Do enlighten me.

We as a group view fatal crashes of aircraft quite differently than you. Many of us have lost close friends in crashes. Many have done so in the military, while themselves under fire. I doubt anyone here finds it funny.

Do enlighten me.

I hope you play videos games better than you edit them. Graphics really suck.

Probably because there are too many people in the Sim community that call themselves "pilots" because they can operate a computer game (cough-MX-cough). There's considerable difference between "respawning" and knowing that if you make a mistake, you're not only quite likely dead, but your last moments may consist of burning alive. This gives us quite a bit of difference in perspective from those that dance into the pilot forums with virtual beanies on their heads, telling 2000+ hour pilots that they are nuts because something IS possible because they do it every day in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

As for the rest, you don't fly, and I suspect you don't have a job or participate in any sports that can result in sudden, messy, violent death. I suspect you've never seen a friend in a situation where you know, in five seconds, he's going to die and there's nothing you can do about it. I suspect you've never stood around a hangar, tight-lipped with other friends, while sirens wail on the other end of the field. I suspect you've never been to a closed-coffin funeral. I suspect you've never read an NTSB accident report, wondering how an amazingly qualified friend could have made such a stupid mistake.

Most on this group has done at least one of these.

If it makes you feel any better, I *personally* don't have a problem with a video showing flight simulator crashes. However, I have a strong PC simulator background that probably dates to before you were born. But I respect the sensitivities of my friends here on the board.

Ron Wanttaja

Here's your next idea - videotape game footage where people die at the hands of a surgical mistake, and farm it out to doctors and surgeons. They'll think its hilarious!

Even better, then try to claim that playing "Operation" is the same as operating on a human.

Probably because there are too many people in the Sim community that call themselves "pilots" because they can operate a computer game (cough-MX-cough). There's considerable difference between "respawning" and knowing that if you make a mistake, you're not only quite likely dead, but your last moments may consist of burning alive. This gives us quite a bit of difference in perspective from those that dance into the pilot forums with virtual beanies on their heads, telling 2000+ hour pilots that they are nuts because something IS possible because they do it every day in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

As for the rest, you don't fly, and I suspect you don't have a job or participate in any sports that can result in sudden, messy, violent death. I suspect you've never seen a friend in a situation where you know, in five seconds, he's going to die and there's nothing you can do about it. I suspect you've never stood around a hangar, tight-lipped with other friends, while sirens wail on the other end of the field. I suspect you've never been to a closed-coffin funeral. I suspect you've never read an NTSB accident report, wondering how an amazingly qualified friend could have made such a stupid mistake.

If it makes you feel any better, I *personally* don't have a problem with a video showing flight simulator crashes. However, I have a strong PC simulator background that probably dates to before you were born. But I respect the sensitivities of my friends here on the board.

Ron Wanttaja
Well said Ron.

Here's your next idea - videotape game footage where people die at the hands of a surgical mistake, and farm it out to doctors and surgeons. They'll think its hilarious!

Even better, then try to claim that playing "Operation" is the same as operating on a human.

:rofl:

Yep! A real riot!

Ron Wanttaja

:yeahthat:

Ever notice that the red light-up nose in the "Operation" game looks just like the stall warning indicator in an old Cherokee?

too many people in the Sim community that call themselves "pilots" because they can operate a computer game

I have yet to see one of those expert know it all sim pilots that are willing to rig up a stick of dynamite under their seat that's wired into the crashed/structural failure mode of the simulator. Break the plane, the dynamite goes off...

Sometimes I turn the simulator on just to see what I can get away with.
CE172, lift off at minimum speed that it will come off the ground, immediately roll 90deg, pull through 180deg heading change, roll to 45deg, pitch up, full aileron roll, engine idle, make the runway. Ain't happen' in da real world...no way, no how.

CE172, lift off at minimum speed that it will come off the ground, immediately roll 90deg, pull through 180deg heading change, roll to 45deg, pitch up, full aileron roll, engine idle, make the runway. Ain't happen' in da real world...no way, no how.

How do you know if you've never tried it? <running and ducking>

heh - I was flying with a buddy (non-pilot), at night (VMC), with a heavy winds aloft that was throwing a big crab into the flight. That was causing me to look at the airport just a couple miles to the side of the airport I really wanted and making me have to actually work. Add in a failed vacuum pump and it was getting to be a frustrating couple of minutes. Then my buddy said something like, "It sure is easy to fly these planes, I do it on the sim all the time!" I thought about pushing him out and see if he could simulate flying by flapping his arms, but I think there is a FAR against that.

heh - I was flying with a buddy (non-pilot), at night (VMC), with a heavy winds aloft that was throwing a big crab into the flight. That was causing me to look at the airport just a couple miles to the side of the airport I really wanted and making me have to actually work. Add in a failed vacuum pump and it was getting to be a frustrating couple of minutes. Then my buddy said something like, "It sure is easy to fly these planes, I do it on the sim all the time!" I thought about pushing him out and see if he could simulate flying by flapping his arms, but I think there is a FAR against that.

As long as he doesn't cause any damage on the ground I don't think you've violated a FAR. There may be other Federal and State laws you might have to deal with.

As long as he doesn't cause any damage on the ground I don't think you've violated a FAR. There may be other Federal and State laws you might have to deal with.

Maybe this is a question for the red board?

heh - I was flying with a buddy (non-pilot), at night (VMC), with a heavy winds aloft that was throwing a big crab into the flight. That was causing me to look at the airport just a couple miles to the side of the airport I really wanted and making me have to actually work. Add in a failed vacuum pump and it was getting to be a frustrating couple of minutes. Then my buddy said something like, "It sure is easy to fly these planes, I do it on the sim all the time!"
Back in the dawn o' time when I owned a two-seat airplane, I took a friend (an experienced PC gamer) for his first airplane ride. I turned the controls over to him, and saw that he quit looking outside at that point. He was 100% on the gauges....

Back in '84, I went to a big PC show open to the public. They had the early version of MSFS there. I overheard one kid tell another...."Taking off is easy, all you do it click this key once, wait ten seconds, then click this key five times."

Haven't taken PC simulators seriously since.

Ron Wanttaja

Back in the dawn o' time when I owned a two-seat airplane, I took a friend (an experienced PC gamer) for his first airplane ride. I turned the controls over to him, and saw that he quit looking outside at that point. He was 100% on the gauges....
I had a similar experience. Took one of my friends (big FS-X player) for a $100 hambuger. On the way back after I had the plane all trimmed up so you could fly it with your tumb and index finger and I turned it over to him. He grabbed the yolk with two hands and couldn't maintain a heading or altitude. He spent wayyy to much time looking inside and over-correcting for his errors. I kept telling him that PVD Approach was going to ask me if I had a few too many brewskis at lunch. :lol:

Well, I just spent 16 hours in the car and was unable to read the loads of crap people posted in this thread.

For starters, there are a lot of people who are real pilots who play flight sims. I myself have flown quite a few different planes and logged about 25 hours before I stopped.

As far as a job goes that can kill me? No, but I work on film sets at school running electricity using 400 amp distro boxes, with a single F up you can die.

Now, I am not sure if you guys are trying to butt hurt me or something, I think so with the “I suspect he's headed back down into his mom's basement...” Matthew had made. Actually, I live by myself, in my own apartment. Just an add on I live on the second floor so basement doesn’t work xD

If you want to butt hurt me, try harder.

The simple immaturity of some of the people in this thread kind of amazes me.

Honestly, get a sense of humor because clearly you don’t have one. You are acting like I posted actual footage of people dying. Try to find humor in a silly video of crashing in game.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99091

Read the comments. No one here seemed to not like it. I am going to assume that the three down votes are from people here. That’s fine. Not a big deal. Doesn’t bother me ☺

...Now, I am not sure if you guys are trying to butt hurt me or something,...

...If you want to butt hurt me, try harder.

I nominate this for #1 ironic statement of the week.

Ron Wanttaja

I have yet to see one of those expert know it all sim pilots that are willing to rig up a stick of dynamite under their seat that's wired into the crashed/structural failure mode of the simulator. Break the plane, the dynamite goes off...

Sometimes I turn the simulator on just to see what I can get away with.

That's weird.... an RV can do that. :rofl:

;)

Well, I just spent 16 hours in the car and was unable to read the loads of crap people posted in this thread.

For starters, there are a lot of people who are real pilots who play flight sims. I myself have flown quite a few different planes and logged about 25 hours before I stopped.

As far as a job goes that can kill me? No, but I work on film sets at school running electricity using 400 amp distro boxes, with a single F up you can die.

Now, I am not sure if you guys are trying to butt hurt me or something, I think so with the “I suspect he's headed back down into his mom's basement...” Matthew had made. Actually, I live by myself, in my own apartment. Just an add on I live on the second floor so basement doesn’t work xD

If you want to butt hurt me, try harder.

Honestly, get a sense of humor because clearly you don’t have one. You are acting like I posted actual footage of people dying. Try to find humor in a silly video of crashing in game.

Read the comments. No one here seemed to not like it. I am going to assume that the three down votes are from people here. That’s fine. Not a big deal. Doesn’t bother me ☺

Spend 4.5 years of your life defending our country during a time of war, (real not simulator) raise 3 kids (not simms kids), start a successful business (a profiable business) and retire at 55. Get back to me when you can say you did those things. :yesnod:

Crashing planes with cheap graphics and posting them on a pilot's forum is no way to win friends and influence people.

Last edited:
Spend 4.5 years of your life defending our country during a time of war, (real not simulator) raise 3 kids (not simms kids), start a successful business (a profiable business) and retire at 55. Get back to me when you can say you did those things. :yesnod:

Crashing planes with cheap graphics and posting them on a pilot's forum is no way to win friends and influence people.

Military isnt for me, tried 3 times. I hate children. I am hoping to retire by the time I am 55.

I have zero interest in making friends on this forum.

I nulled all of your statements. Get at me son.

What the others have said.

I watched a guy spin into the ground, right in front of me. Those last 3-4 seconds I know he was fighting it. But I knew, and he knew it too, that there was nothing that was going to stop him from dying right there.

I didn't watch your videos, and I'm not going to. I've seen the real thing.

Adios.

Military isnt for me, tried 3 times. I hate children. I am hoping to retire by the time I am 55.

I have zero interest in making friends on this forum.

I nulled all of your statements. Get at me son.

Severum

How can you talk about a subject you have no experience. Have you ever been dead? If not jump over the cliff with Lord Obama. He will resuscitate your for the next elections as an absentee ballot voter.

José

I, for one, am not trying to "butt hurt" you. I think I can understand the reasons you made this, and what effect you thought it might have.

But if you really want to know the reason you are getting a unified response from us is that the concept of dying while flying is not only one that we pilots train hard to avoid, but it is also one which might touch close to home for us, in our experiences and with our acquaintances.

We love what we do, and some of us do it as our profession, or did it in the military.

Can you understand why your video wouldn't be funny for us?

I'm a combat vet. I've been shot at and scared sh*tless. I've shot back. I've had close friends die in crashes. I'm a private pilot.

I found the video entertaining.

I'm a combat vet. I've been shot at and scared sh*tless. I've shot back. I've had close friends die in crashes. I'm a private pilot.

I found the video entertaining.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I wrote a flight simulator game that was marketed almost 30 years ago, and the funnest part was coding the crash scenarios.

The issue here, I think, is not whether the video is entertaining but how the OP cannot understand how anyone could find it offensive. He accuses people who criticize him of trying to...what's that quaint term..."butt hurt" him.

Basically, it's a lack of empathy. A lot of problems are caused by people who lack empathy.

Ron Wanttaja

Back