100 dollar hamburg

frfly172

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
ron keating
Joined the 100 dollar hamburg site. Info is pretty good but not dated .looking for rest.info on the way to OSH going from mass to OSH any ideas .Thanks Ron

Joined the 100 dollar hamburg site. Info is pretty good but not dated .looking for rest.info on the way to OSH going from mass to OSH any ideas .Thanks Ron

That site PO'd a lot of people by collecting information freely volunteered by pilots, and then began charging for it. I'd question the currency of its information.

Try www.adventurepilot.com. It's free and updated frequently by pilots.

That site PO'd a lot of people by collecting information freely volunteered by pilots, and then began charging for it. I'd question the currency of its information.
I didn't even know the original $100 Hamburger site was still in business after they pulled that nonsense.

By 2020 the $100 hambuger would be a good deal considering that by 2020 AVGAS would be over $12/gal. We have to start thinking about the $200 hamburger with no fries.

José

I didn't even know the original $100 Hamburger site was still in business after they pulled that nonsense.

They are: http://www.100dollarhamburger.com/

$15/year subscription. I guess they net a few folks. Not surprisingly, Adventurepilot ranks higher than them on google when search for a "$100 hamburger".

Back in ~2001, it was a decent site. I can't image how they might get content for the site now, other than ripping it off from the free sites that have since popped up.

Shouldn't a Hamburg thread be in Euros, not dollars?

I'm assuming your going to take the southern route. Do you need more then one fuel stop? I recommend Richard Downing airport ( I40 ) in Coshocton, OH. They have a restaurant outside the FBO and have very good food and cheap 100LL.

My last $100 hamburger run cost over $100, each way, just for the plane. :D

Of course, it was a C-182 from OLM to FHR.

I think you need to fly to Hamburg, NJ, to Hamburg, PA, to Hamburg NY on your way to your $100(0(0)) hamburg.

$15/year subscription. I guess they net a few folks. Not surprisingly, Adventurepilot ranks higher than them on google when search for a "$100 hamburger".

Back in ~2001, it was a decent site. I can't image how they might get content for the site now, other than ripping it off from the free sites that have since popped up.
Apears that the most recent edition of the hardcopy book is about 7 years old. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/listi...LA-_-Book_25To44-_-Q000000633-_-2683494995267

There are a number of errors. Here are a couple I spotted.
There is only one diner at 44N "Perfect Landing"
Marcus Dairy has been closed for a while.

There are a number of errors. Here are a couple I spotted.
There is only one diner at 44N "Perfect Landing"
Marcus Dairy has been closed for a while.

Always a good idea to double-check that your intended destination a) actually still exists and b) is open during your intended time of arrival. I wouldn't make a trip based solely on anything I see on the website, but it's sure nice to have those things aggregated just to get some ideas for places to go.

And printed in the book the info freely submitted by pilots.

That's why they don't (and won't) put dates on the reviews users submit. They probably have plenty of reviews from circa 2001 that make it look like they've got good content to support a subscription, until you read a great review about a place and then go try to call them up and find out the place has been closed for 6 years.

I asked the owner if he'd consider adding dates to the reviews, and I got a belligerent reply to the effect of "no way no how". To his credit, he did immediately refund my money when I requested it.

You can't get anywhere near Hamburg for 100 Euros.

I got fairly close to it, and I was probably paid the equivalent of 100 euros for my troubles over a two year period.

This place?

ps - aviation-related flick.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hamburgs.jpg
    Hamburgs.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 119
I. Have joined again and have started to update the site as I go.Thanks

Back