Piper Colt panel upgrade!

Will Kumley

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Will
Finally updated the panel in our little Colt.

Here are a couple pictures of what we started with:
IMG_7097.jpg
IMG_7098.jpg

Here she is with the panel installed and ready for testing while on the ground.
IMG_7200.jpg

And a couple shots of the expensive stuff during the test flight after ground checks were done. IMG_7207.jpeg

IMG_7211.jpeg

I've still got to take time to decide how much data I want on the page but my initial impression is that this will be a great upgrade for our plane.

Nice! Looks like the main goal was to go to a six-pack from the shotgun layout. I like the Western font for the registration number, too. Fitting for a Colt.

Nice! Looks like the main goal was to go to a six-pack from the shotgun layout. I like the Western font for the registration number, too. Fitting for a Colt.
Thanks! Goal #1 was to have a more reliable system as the old venturi vacuum system was questionable, #2 was a standard six pack layout, and #3 was to have the plane be IFR capable or my own IFR training. This accomplishes all of those. Thanks for noticing the font. I spent a few hours trying to decide what I wanted it to llok like. I used model decal sheets and made the labels myself.

Owned a Colt 20 years back. Was my first plane and really loved it. Dirt simple plane that's easy to fly.

Really like the modern touch you did. What model Aspen did you put in? An E5 or something else with more features?

Owned a Colt 20 years back. Was my first plane and really loved it. Dirt simple plane that's easy to fly.

Really like the modern touch you did. What model Aspen did you put in? An E5 or something else with more features?
We got a deal on the Pro Max Aspen that we couldn't pass up. Synthetic vision, altitude and minimum callouts, ability to have more than one nav source on the HSI, and Nexrad weather.

Back