Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

Did you hear about the high-wing pilot who was returning from a hunting trip but crashed in a remote part of the Sierra Nevada mountains? Badly injured, leg broken, he realized his only hope was to wait for rescue. He recalled reading somewhere (probably on POA) that firing three shots, spaced about five seconds apart, was a sign of distress and would help a search party locate him. Every couple of hours, he dutifully fired three shots into the air and waited and hoped. Finally, late on the third day, the searchers found him, and none too soon as he was almost out of arrows.

(That's okay, I'll show myself out.....)

Me to new acquaintance: Hey, if you went camping and woke up in the morning with a jar of Vaseline between your legs and Vaseline all over your legs, would you tell anyone?

Person: Hell no!

Me: Great! Wanna go camping?

Sign at Lowe's today.

Now, I am quite sure that they don't have anything on that shelf priced this way, but when I read this sign, my first thought was "so if the original price was $2, the clearance price is... $2?" And then "original price $0.50, clearance price $1?"

The pricing just seems bizarre. Why not just say 50% off?

1000002312.jpg

I’ve been unsuccessfully fighting the battle to get my wife to stop putting my iron skillets into soapy water to soak for 9 years. Even when I properly clean and season them If I leave home I come back to find them out of the cupboard and soaking in the sink. I just can’t seem to win . This photo strikes a nerve

I’ve been unsuccessfully fighting the battle to get my wife to stop putting my iron skillets into soapy water to soak for 9 years. Even when I properly clean and season them If I leave home I come back to find them out of the cupboard and soaking in the sink. I just can’t seem to win . This photo strikes a nerve
I'll preface this with "I'm not married", but one option might be to take one of her sweaters or jackets and toss it in the washing machine.

Back