the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Unpopular opinion:
I dislike "king" size beds. Have to crawl 3 feet to reach my wife, then I can't reach the nightstand. My charger cord won't reach when I'm trying to POA before I go to sleep, and it's another 6' round trip of crawling to go pee in the middle of the night.

I guess they are popular among people who don't want to touch each other at night? Why not two separate beds then?
GF is 5' tall, yet while asleep her arms are 4' long, and she's often trying to wave aircraft off, like she's working the flags on an aircraft carrier in a WW2 movie. Or perhaps auditioning for a Bruce Lee movie.

Unpopular opinion:
I dislike "king" size beds. Have to crawl 3 feet to reach my wife, then I can't reach the nightstand. My charger cord won't reach when I'm trying to POA before I go to sleep, and it's another 6' round trip of crawling to go pee in the middle of the night.

I guess they are popular among people who don't want to touch each other at night? Why not two separate beds then?
We all know you’ve reached your wife a few times. :).

That's disappointing. That's way too new to be having a problem like that. Parts shouldn't be too bad if it's just a water pump on a 5.3l. I've not worked on one of those specifically, but I assume it's pretty trivial like any other Chevy v8. I bet you'll be out under $1500 assuming that's all that broke.
Thanks...I hope you're right. There is some chance of additional problems since our choice was between freezing to death on the side of the road or driving about 3 more miles to the next town after the coolant had begun draining in earnest. I don't think the engine overheated but I can't fully trust the water temperature gauge due to the general drainage of coolant. (Pour into the tank, watch it drain through the water pump. Fun times.)

The good part is that we all got home safely. No matter what happens with the car, nobody froze to death. The bad part is that the people at the gas station we stopped at to await rescue loved our dog. They gave her a giant Slim Jim and the last 3 hot dogs off the roller grill. The dog is smart, so it's only a matter of time before she starts sabotaging cars to get treats. Now I have to be constantly vigilant in case she tries to cut the brake lines or bite a hole in the oil filter.

Sometimes I question my pursuit of aviation as a career.. then I think about the fact that I've been in my basement since 0700 (now 2210), staring at my machine all day... having all 3 of my meals down here... just now shutting the computer down. La sigh... It starts all over again tomorrow @ 7.

Breaking News from Boeing:

In an effort to boost the sagging stock price, Boeing CEO announced a new “Blow Out” sale on 737’s.

(Too soon??)

Days like today make me want to build my own hangar and have it heated. Needed to take my seats out and it is -1 outside. Yay winter.

Still better than 110 in the summer so I won't complain too much.

The Metar and TAF says VFR. TAF predicts "light snow" in a couple hours. 9 mile and 6+ viz respectively.

Hop in the car and MK-1 eyeball told a very different story driving to the airport for a quick lunch run. Michigan never ceases to amaze me with it's fast changing wx and crazy lake effect. (Obviously did not fly). Maybe tomorrow!

received_1011274459939847.jpeg

The Metar and TAF says VFR. TAF predicts "light snow" in a couple hours. 9 mile and 6+ viz respectively.

Hop in the car and MK-1 eyeball told a very different story driving to the airport for a quick lunch run. Michigan never ceases to amaze me with it's fast changing wx and crazy lake effect. (Obviously did not fly). Maybe tomorrow!

View attachment 124558
Where are you? This is me right now…
IMG_3711.jpeg

Yeah, I can deal with the cold more than the heat.

I have never passed out from being too cold. Might not have been able to move too quickly, but never passed out...
I'm in the wrong spot, because for me it's roughly the other way around. I've never passed out from being too hot, but I have had to trade off sleeping vs running a questionable heater to keep the pipes in the house from freezing during an extended power outage. It's warmer here than it used to be. It used to be that every year there'd be someone who wondered off from their house and got lost, usually either elderly or drunk (both?) and freezing to death before they were found. I suppose the same thing can happen in the south from the heat...but heat stroke deaths are pretty rare up here.

I change my take and ***** about too much heat or cold with the seasons.

GF is 5' tall, yet while asleep her arms are 4' long, and she's often trying to wave aircraft off, like she's working the flags on an aircraft carrier in a WW2 movie. Or perhaps auditioning for a Bruce Lee movie.

I logged actual IMC in Arizona yesterday.
I have done approaches into Flagstaff and Tucson. Although the Tucson approach was due to ground visibility (blowing dust), not ceiling and I was VMC until the mains touched the ground.

But Flagstaff..... wow.!!

You can log more today, tomorrow and Tuesday if you don’t mind the ICE Above 7K.Rough couple days even down south.
Was hoping to fly some lessons this week. MOS has Tuesday "Low IFR - Unsafe to Taxi" updated to "Low IFR - Unsafe to Leave Driveway"

Every time I fill out the 8500-8, I get the heebie jeebies.

I thought I had the shuck and jive once, but I was misdiagnosed.

On a different note, I might be using Polaris connectors to wire up the outlet for the new stove. Mostly because I'm lazy.

This is my 5000th post. I had hoped it would be more poignant.

I started watching Clarkson’s Farm. It gave me new appreciation for when Jim has to shorten his Gaston’s trip. Nah, I’m kidding. @Jim K , time to buy a Lamborghini tractor and pick up the pace!

I started watching Clarkson’s Farm. It gave me new appreciation for when Jim has to shorten his Gaston’s trip. Nah, I’m kidding. @Jim K , time to buy a Lamborghini tractor and pick up the pace!
I’m a big fan of the show.

@Jim K i still need to figure out how to get my CDL!

I’m a big fan of the show.

@Jim K i still need to figure out how to get my CDL!
Hey! I got a truck you can drive! I'd even provide an air mattress, some food, and $30/hour to come drive for me for the couple weeks I'm harvesting corn in the fall.

It's changed a lot since Teresa & I got our CDL's. Now you have to take a class. I think you can still get a non-CDL class A to drive a semi for the farm just by taking the driving test.

Back