Checkride #6

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
In the bag. PoA's newest CFI!

I waaaay over prepared. But better that than the alternative. About 3 hours of ground and 1.5 hours of flight so I think I got off easy :). I'm happy to have the checkride behind me though!

Congratulations, that is a big step forward.

Congratulations! So when are we going to do that flight review?

Congrats.................Guess I shouldn't brag and say that my CFI ride was .3 Yes that's.3 of an hour. We had flown together before and he knew very well what I was capable of, and what I knew. So a bit of history was involved. But still, it's recorded that way in my logbooks.
But still, congrats are in order. It's pretty great to be able to impart waht you have learned on others. AND its amazing how much you will learn when teaching.

I waaaay over prepared. But better that than the alternative. About 3 hours of ground and 1.5 hours of flight so I think I got off easy :). I'm happy to have the checkride behind me though!

I'm curious where you are in your flying career? Hours etc...
It is a stretch goal for me

Congrats.................Guess I shouldn't brag and say that my CFI ride was .3 Yes that's.3 of an hour. We had flown together before and he knew very well what I was capable of, and what I knew. So a bit of history was involved. But still, it's recorded that way in my logbooks.
But still, congrats are in order. It's pretty great to be able to impart waht you have learned on others. AND its amazing how much you will learn when teaching.

Can you elaborate?

Cool big accomplishment. See one, do one, now teach one.

congrats!

Congratulations, Mtns2Skies! As much as we've flown together, I'd have passed you with flying colors in 0.29 hours of flight time!

Fantastic! Congrats.

Congrats M2S! Very big accomplishment and I'm sure you're glad that you had over-prepared so much. It sure makes the test a bit easier.

If you really want to learn something, thoroughly, teach it to someone else. You will need to explain things in very different ways to different people. Your knowledge will be tested as you "dissect" a bit of information to relate it to your student in a different way when they didn't get it the first time. You will need to look at things from different perspectives in order to get through to your students. You will be asked questions in a way that you never considered, and you will need to examine your own knowledge to find that specific explanation in a way that the student grasps. And every student will ask in a different way and grasp the information in different ways.

Thanks everyone! Finally a huge weight off, I've been preparing for it for over a year. I took my FOI written in Jan of 2021.

Well done. Commercial AMES? Twotter on floats? Send it!
Even better... Round engines. Beech 18 on floats :)
Going for CFII?
My goals are to teach tailwheel & seaplane, so maybe eventually, but not really the direct goal.

Back