What's wrong with my Stratux?

See if it works with something other than Avare. Try connecting it to a friend's tablet running a different EFB.

Do the external antennae have to match the radios? I don't know, I've never tried swapping. I know on mine there is a freq stamped on the antennae and I have them plugged into the radio with the matching freq.

See if it works with something other than Avare. Try connecting it to a friend's tablet running a different EFB.
Good idea. The latest feedback I received from a guy on the Avare google group is it is likely a bad flash of the Stratux software.
Do the external antennae have to match the radios? I don't know, I've never tried swapping. I know on mine there is a freq stamped on the antennae and I have them plugged into the radio with the matching freq.
On mine one SDR and antenna is marked 978, and they are connected to the matching antenna/radio. Not sure if it would matter though.

The antennas are tuned to the correct length for each frequency, but the system will work fine with just about any antenna.

Before the fancy tuned antennas existed, I used Wifi (2.4 Ghz) antennas with success.

The Stratux web server should show GPS position, traffic on both bands and ADAHRS data alone without an EFB application.

Same symptoms here - Fully working STRATUX with older firmware (a year old or so). Downloaded latest, switched in flight, would try to connect and immediately disconnect - WiFi disconnect. Swapped SD card back to old firmware, worked just fine for the rest of the flight.

All this started AFTER I changed the SSID from Stratux to something else and re-connected (to the new SSID of course).

Bill

Yes, read about that issue and tried that. Didn't help.

The Stratux is nice but if I have to fiddle with it to keep it functional... The juice might not be worth the squeeze.
After using stratux for three years I am tired of messing with it. It works great when it works. It works fine for a few months and then it's one more thing wrong.

If you can't afford anything better (which i couldn't) then it's worth it. If you fly a lot through busy airspace stratux (not Stratus! I know nothing about that) is just not dependable. Over three years I have spent a huge amount of time troubleshooting various issues. This last one i finally gave up.

Last edited:
Back