Bar soap or Bodywash

• Bar soap

Votes: 44 58.7%
  • Body wash

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • 100LL

Votes: 10 13.3%

• Total voters
Bar soap. If I have a cut or scrape that needs to be sterilized, than I’ll use 100LL for that.

I don't do the shopping. So I use the same body wash that my wife uses. At least she buys me white loofahs instead of pink or purple.

I use body wash at home since it's what my wife uses, but on the road I'll use whatever's available from the hotel. Not picky!

Use body wash most of the time for the daily shower, with a loofah. Body wash is whatever "male" version the wife picks up. When I'm really covered in dirt/grease from the yard, I grab the bar of soap for some extra surfactant action.

My Rotax does not like 100LL, so I stick to auto fuel as much as possible.

"Body wash" sucks.

Hilton announced they were going to body wash from individual bar soaps.

Bar... especially for the lint trap.

There are some places where the soap scum made by traditional soap is harder than the tub or shower it precipitates on, making clean up a royal pain. In contrast, body wash seems to have a very trivial rate of soap scum deposition. And since I have minimal preference between the two from a use perspective, my choice at home is clear.

They have liquid soap dispensers in the gym shower room, so....

Not sure I follow the "hot water" portion of that. I'm standing in hot water whether I'm using body wash or a bar of soap.

With a bar of soap, it's non stop lathering up. With body wash, it's over to the dispenser and press press, soap up a little, press press, soap up a little, press press, soap up a little. Takes longer to get the job done.

Body wash has successfully made taking a shower irritating.

I used to use bar soap, but I use body wash now. I have a loofah with a long handle, so I can get to places with it I could never touch with a bar of soap - my back. It seems to be easier on my skin, too. My wife decides when my loofah is worn out.

img_5107.jpg

We’ve always been bar soap people but Europe seems to be dominated by body wash. We can still find our dove bars though.

Do they still make Lava? That stuff was awesome.

We’ve always been bar soap people but Europe seems to be dominated by body wash. We can still find our dove bars though.

Just a note that Dove bars are largely moisturizer, not soap. The are technically a detergent I believe, but if you look at the packaging it says it's a "beauty bar" or something to that effect.

With a bar of soap, it's non stop lathering up. With body wash, it's over to the dispenser and press press, soap up a little, press press, soap up a little, press press, soap up a little. Takes longer to get the job done.

Body wash has successfully made taking a shower irritating.

That's what the loofah is for. You dispense the body wash into the loofah, it creates the lather and you scrub your body with it. No re-dispensing and it takes the same amount of time as bar soap. The loofah helps with exfoliation, too. Loofah's are typically a plastic mesh, so it rinses clean unlike a washcloth. Also no instances of "dropping the soap" so that's a time saver . . . unless you're into that sort of thing.

I use whatever soap I brought home from my last hotel stay. And in the remote chance I ever have guests I have spare tiny packaged soap for them to use.

At home, bar soap.

While traveling, body wash. It's a lot easier and less messy to travel with a bottle of body wash.

Just a note that Dove bars are largely moisturizer, not soap. The are technically a detergent I believe, but if you look at the packaging it says it's a "beauty bar" or something to that effect.
Maybe so, but at my age, the normal "soap" bars usually are too aggressive, and the liquids take too much time to keep getting more. For me, dove is the best compromise because I can wash quickly and effectively, without feeling like I used brake cleaner on my skin

Back