Another twin I would consider owning

I wonder why his LG is down...maybe to climb back into the plane? I'd like that Ford Tri-Motor on Barnstormers...

Might have just rolled it into the lake from a tie down. I helped push a Lake into the Potomac river once that was stored on a concrete pad by the water.

The photo spread from the “snarky Life feature” mentioned in the link above.
thank you... I was born in the wrong generation with the wrong amount of money

Love the PBYs, it's one of the first model airplanes I ever built as a kid. As far as amphibs go, they're about as cool as it gets, but I'd hate to be tasked with the care and feeding of those twin radials and only getting 172 cruise speeds. :eek:

Another twin I would consider owning:

gulfstreamg650takesoff.jpg

1706-gj-deluc-179-modifier_1600x1200.jpg

Do you remember the turboprop trimotor amphibian they brought to Oshkosh a decade or so ago? That thing was awesome.
Damn! No I must have missed it!

Heard one fly overhead the other day...such a distinctive, wonderful sound!!
And they are *remarkably* fast up around 400 knots true and sip gas, only around 80/hr. There's a YouTube guy with one who made a really good (non millennial douche) video about his. They put the King Air and PC12 to shame

I wish they were more prolific

Funny, despite the plane looking composite, it is actually made of good old metal, but machined and planed down without visible rivets and with gel coatings to give it a sleek aerodynamic shape. I believe the fuselage itself accounts for something like 20%-30% of the total lift

And they are *remarkably* fast up around 400 knots true and sip gas, only around 80/hr. There's a YouTube guy with one who made a really good (non millennial douche) video about his. They put the King Air and PC12 to shame

My understanding is they are maintenance intensive compared to the competition. I have no idea if my understanding is correct. ;-)

My understanding is they are maintenance intensive compared to the competition. I have no idea if my understanding is correct. ;-)
I have no idea either. However, it's fast, it's beautiful and it's Italian. If it's anything like the automotive world...;)

JMO, but not only do I think it’s fugly, but I think it looks “goofy”.

Back