Daily Pic

631CC358-F923-4872-B96C-E438789C9474.jpeg

David St. George submitted the multiple Larry Baum photos of this Thomas Morse Scout on the occasion of it being rebuilt in the same room it was built in, 100 years ago. "An unbelievable story 100 years in the making! First flight — post-restoration — took place the last weekend of September in Ithaca, New York. More than 2,500 people showed up to see the Tommy fly again." Submit a photo for Picture of the Day?

PWM-LGA last night. Smooth at altitude. Lots of wind shear down low. FO did a great job on the Expressway Visual with winds gusting up to 30kts

N7EzN8S.jpg

" It's just a connector swap right? ...Just a couple of hours, huh?"

45651314901_e331db6c08_c.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap! what is that?

That's the typical rat's nest behind the instrument panel of a 1972 PA28-140. Old Narco AT150 wouldn't pass the biennial. Owner got a good deal on a GTX-327 and asked me to swap it out. A power, 2 grounds, grey code input and a coax. Should be pretty simple swap. But, then....

combining hobbies of flying and golf, although I wasn't actually playing golf and I was only a passenger but those are just minor details....

deleteme.jpg

A few pics from a recent trip to Boulder City, NV, to visit my friend Bruce. Amazing guy...was a fighter pilot with the Navy and has time in F4s and F-14 Tomcats, stationed aboard USS Ranger. After the Navy, he went to med school and became a general practitioner. He hadn't flown in 25 years, so it was good to give him some stick time in the RV. We took a quick scenic flight over Lake Mead and the red rock formations of Valley of Fire.

Today's job was changing the main gear tires and tubes, and re-greasing the bearings. The original set lasted for 308 landings. I rewarded myself with a quick sunset flight.

IMG_3342.jpgIMG_3368.jpgIMG_3370.jpg IMG_3330.jpg IMG_3354.jpg

Back