TV show reboots

SkyDog58

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Canis Non Grata
The Magnum PI thread and all of the comments about reboots got me wondering if there are any TV shows that we would like to see rebooted. I’ll start:

Sky King.

WKRP Cininnati
Northern Exposure
Sky King

In the 70s when I was learning PBS had a 30 minute show w/ wx info the first 15', then a feature the last 15'. Like to see that come back.

Y’all do know that a show named after a dead actor might be hard to reboot.

Unless you want to do a crossover with The Living Dead.

:cool:

Airwolf!!
9ddd51732772eeb2f73d5d43ea87812f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Leave it to Beaver
Johnny Quest
Pee-wee's Playhouse
Flying Blind

Dean Martin comedy hour
Can never be replicated. The Roasts are classics, and point out the sorry state of Hollywood and comedy in general these days.

LA To Vegas

(got canceled yesterday).

Just need to do a better job at casting than the movie reboots did.

I guess I'm one of the few people who have enjoyed the Star Trek reboots so far (except for the third one, Beyond, which I did not like) and felt the casting of the main characters was awesome.

Having grown up in the 80's and early 90's, I still feel The Next Generation TV show is "my" Star Trek, with the original series close behind it.

EDIT: And speaking of cancellations, I'm super bummed that The Expanse got canceled. One of the few intelligent shows on TV, much less in the Sci Fi space. I'm hoping it gets picked up on another network or Amazon.

I really like a few episodes of the new X-Files. A couple of them really kinda sucked too.

EDIT: And speaking of cancellations, I'm super bummed that The Expanse got canceled. One of the few intelligent shows on TV, much less in the Sci Fi space. I'm hoping it gets picked up on another network or Amazon.

I heard that Amazon picked it up. Lord Bezos is a fan.

Sent from my FISA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk

I'd rather not see any reboots. If it was terrible the first time I don't want to try to see a bad show improved. If it was a good show the first time they're not going to make it better. If anything, they'd tarnish my fond memories of it.

The funny thing is that every now and then I'll see re-runs of a series that I loved as a kid. I'll set the DVR to record the series, and when I hit the play button I wonder, "Were we really that desperate for something to watch on tv back then?"

As a kid, The Dukes of Hazzard was the best show ever made. Now I can't stomach it. Same with Gomer Pyle, Gilligan's Island, Mary Tyler Moore, Happy Days. I can't fathom how I liked thirtysomething at all, much less liking it as much as I did back then. It's godawfulhorrible.

And some shows start out great and quickly get terrible. The early MASHes were good, then the show ran out of good ideas and it turned to M*U*S*H. Someone mentioned Tour of Duty. I have the DVD set, paid a fortune for it...the first season was fantastic, but then they kind of turned it into a soap opera and it faded. It really had a lot of potential and there was so much more they could have injected into it.

As for the Hawaii-Five O reboot, I thought they did a great job with the casting. A great job with the humor and chemistry between Steve and Danny. Where they came up short is with the plots. At least make them semi-realistic.

Back