Harrison Ford doin' some bush landings

In light of this thread, I found the following amusing (from the A/FD entry for Henderson, Nevada):

"Acft dep Rwy 17R or Rwy 35L should verify that they are taking off from the rwy and not the parallel twy."​

Attachments

• SW_296_02MAR2017.pdf
    50.2 KB · Views: 3
notice the "amended" timeline by CNN on the WWII trainer incident. -from this article.

"Over a decade later, while flying a two-seat, single-engine 1942 military trainer, Ford tipped a treetop and skidded down onto Penmar Golf Course near Santa Monica Airport in 2015. He suffered serious injuries after he was forced to land the vintage WWI plane after its engine failed."

notice the "amended" timeline by CNN on the WWII trainer incident. -from this article.

"Over a decade later, while flying a two-seat, single-engine 1942 military trainer, Ford tipped a treetop and skidded down onto Penmar Golf Course near Santa Monica Airport in 2015. He suffered serious injuries after he was forced to land the vintage WWI plane after its engine failed."

What was "amended"?

In the written timeline by CNN, he tipped a treetop comes first. ... then he suffered serious injuries after he was forced to land after its engine failed. ... subtle, but leaves the illusion that, instead of an engine failure, he tipped a treetop and that was the start of the chain of events.

- I don't think HF needs me to "defend" him ... not really worried about it, but the subtle twist in the article does wreak of opportunistic over-dramaticization.

I got a kick out of the recording of him calling the tower that came out this week...

"Hi, I'm the schmuck that landed on the taxiway."

Last edited:
Back