When a drone attackes..Arming a small drone.

My great grandfather told me how scared people were when the automobile came out. You'd think by now we'd have learned as a society that technology can be used for good or ill and would stop panicking about it.

Cool, I didn't think kids still had Roman Candle wars. :lol: That was pretty cool, now if you got one of the Millenium Falcon ones and put holder tubes in it, that would be awesome.:rofl:

Nice pair right at the end...

Going to have to start arming our single engine aircraft ,for self preservation.

I've seen wilder, quad copters armed with shotguns and SMG's.

I think that actually is a violation of the Geneva convention.

Pretty sure that's the pilot's younger brother running around...

dtuuri

so....maybe privacy issues are just a small part of the UAV concerns? :eek:

When rednecks get technology.

"....that's cool Bubba. Now -- how can we mount a gun on it?"

He no Russian, he clearly take his time! But you have to admit, the video is cool as F.

The machine gun drone is a fun fake/parody (like the airplane landing with one wing video). I like the roman candle drone a lot!

The machine gun drone is a fun fake/parody (like the airplane landing with one wing video). I like the roman candle drone a lot!

I've seen comments suggesting that it was fake, and some not. Obviously things don't blow up on their own like that when you shoot them, but did he actually have some sort of fireable machine gun attachment? Just as plausible as the OP's video.

I see several clues of fakery.. perhaps the most obvious being the last scene, where he blows the whole thing up! If this were an off-the-shelf quad, it would be plausible (just a waste of money). To build something like this and then destroy it that quickly? Not buying it.

Many of the quad movement looks pretty unnatural to me. Additionally, there are times when the quad is doing maneuvers (some in close proximity to his head), and he doesn't even seem to be paying attention to the controls and/or quad.

The "video feed" views appear to be processed to mimic a glitchy feed. The one where the drone "flies" over the table and looks at the hand of cards has to be a handheld camera. No room for the drone to squeeze in that low.

I guess the explosions and destruction are real. There's probably someone out of the frame shooting at things.

I'm no rocket surgeon, but don't them shooters need one of them action thingies with one of them bolt doohickeys in it? I don't think a barrel with a flexible hose hooked to the back will get the job done. :lol:

Last edited:
I've seen comments suggesting that it was fake, and some not. Obviously things don't blow up on their own like that when you shoot them, but did he actually have some sort of fireable machine gun attachment? Just as plausible as the OP's video.

I think the drone is real, but not the gun, I don't see a working gun there. The destruction was obviously pyrotechnics. Toss it all together with some craftful editing and post production work and you end up with a pretty cool video.:D

There's no recoil.

dtuuri

I observed recoil.

I think the drone is real, but not the gun, I don't see a working gun there. The destruction was obviously pyrotechnics. Toss it all together with some craftful editing and post production work and you end up with a pretty cool video.:D

I haven't critically examined the video close enough to know if the gun was the real deal or not. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Regardless of whether the video was faked or not, I think some sort of small caliber SMG could easily be adapted to a drone of that size. These things can carry some weight. By the way, if it was the real deal, it would be a really bad idea to aim that thing in your general direction as you turn it toward a target.

To make it work, you would have to figure out where the drone's composite center of mass is and align the axis of the barrel with it. There would be some affect of rotor force that would also have to be accounted for, if the barrel is pointed anywhere other than straight down.

Back