Daily Pic

Gateway Arch fly-by on Sunday:

attachment.php

Great shot of the Arch there.

I think we were there at the same time. We got into Ephraim around 10:30, and left around 1:00.
How did you get off the field?

The death of the peninsula's only taxicab driver put an end to our fly in visits to Ephraim. Of course, this was in the 90s... :)

How did you get off the field?

The death of the peninsula's only taxicab driver put an end to our fly in visits to Ephraim. Of course, this was in the 90s... :)

Took the free bikes the airport has into Fish Creek for a late breakfast. Had I known it was a 6 mile round trip and mostly uphill on the way back, I might have took the courtesy van. Went to a restaurant that is owned by a guy that is a supporter of the airport. They airport gives you little "I flew to 3D2" stickers to put on the local businesses receipts so they know you flew in. Might be cool for other businesses who support aviation to do...hint, hint. Here is the supporters website.

http://friendsofephraimgibraltarairport.com/

Last edited:
Took the free bikes the airport has into Fish Creek for a late breakfast. Had I known it was a 6 mile round trip and mostly uphill on the way back, I might have took the courtesy van. Went to a restaurant that is owned by a guy that is a supporter of the airport. They airport gives you little "I flew to 3D2" stickers to put on the local businesses receipts so they know you flew in. Might be cool for other businesses who support aviation to do...hint, hint. Here is the supporters website.

That's cool. Great to see some familiar business names on that site, even though I haven't been there in ages. Which restaurant did you enjoy? (We used to go to the White Gull Inn for their AMAZING breakfasts...)

I can't believe you rode a bike into Fish Creek! That's a LONG haul, and -- like you said -- up hill all the way back!

That's cool. Great to see some familiar business names on that site, even though I haven't been there in ages. Which restaurant did you enjoy? (We used to go to the White Gull Inn for their AMAZING breakfasts...)

I can't believe you rode a bike into Fish Creek! That's a LONG haul, and -- like you said -- up hill all the way back!

We've been to the White Gull before. We did a trolley tour that includes a lunch there as part of their trip on our first anniversary a few years ago. Really good. We went to the Summertime. It was good, too. We really went up there so my wife could stock up on her olive oils and vinegars. My favorite winery is up there, but not a lot of stores stock it yet, so I wasn't able to grab a few more bottles.

Last edited:

New Melones Lake in the Sierra Nevada foothills. Taken en route from Columbia (O22) back to Oakland this afternoon during my first cross-country flight w/ my CFI. It's crazy how dry the reservoirs are getting here in CA - some of the big blue blotches on my sectional were barely visible from the air.

Reactions: YKA

Ha. I tore off one and put it in my logbook when I got home.

By the way, the manager flies out of Timmerman. He's been doing this for a couple of years by working a few days a month. He offered me a job last year, but I don't have my own plane nor my own home up in Door County.

Did you see that poor V-tail off at the corner of the ramp with bent prop tips?

Yeah, we asked about it. The manager said that he was trying to beat some weather in and forgot to put the gear down. Story also goes that his wife kept asking him if he put it down, but he kept blowing her off. Insurance totaled it and they are just waiting for Wentworth to come get it. Project anybody?

demy4a4u.jpg

Flying into CLE in a 182. Cleveland skyline in the distance. Was in the right seat. First time landing at a busy bravo and it was nerve wracking as I handled setting up radios and the approach and departure procedures. Good experience.

demy4a4u.jpg

Flying into CLE in a 182. Cleveland skyline in the distance. Was in the right seat. First time landing at a busy bravo and it was nerve wracking as I handled setting up radios and the approach and departure procedures. Good experience.

Excellent!

On my way back from a trip from Creswell (77S) to Beaver Marsh (2S2) to Malin (4S7) Oregon I spotted a helicopter this afternoon hovering around Mount Thielsen in Oregon. I have no idea what they were doing - training, rescuing someone, doing a photo shoot, or what. Mount Thielsen has a rather distinctive craggy peak to it. Kind of neat with snow on it too.

Attachments

• 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 47
  • 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 36
Hanging out in the shade of the wing of a Consolidated PBY Catalina with WifeyGimp for dinner and live music at Gillespie Field Café (KSEE). Marvellous evening.

20141003_161942_zps9bihyil3.jpg

'Gimp

DSC_32811024x683_zpsd0d7fcb2.jpg

DSC_32781024x683_zps29a4f65b.jpg

Little trip to College Station yesterday. 30+ kt tailwind down and 5 on the way back.

0f272bc568483ebf32943a4c3219adb4.jpg

4480d005f4e88918c3913cad9f364784.jpg

Landing at our island airport yesterday, after five weeks of being closed.

Last edited:
Do I have a great wife, or what? :)

Storms canceled our plans to attend the Boerne Fly-in...so it's time to give Amelia a fresh shine.

e5d78a014a9d5b96f2bc21bb7204dd74.jpg

North Perry Airport - Hollywood, FL (KHWO) - At sunset from the ground

Taken with a Samsung Galaxy Note II

20141011_192146.jpg

Me flying right wing on a formation flight out to a private airpark for some BBQ

Champ2_zps0385ed51.jpg

Lead
Champ1_zpsb9a64ad0.jpg

#3 (Left Wing)
Champ3_zps2bc402cd.jpg

Our destination
LakeRiverside_zps79e9c07d.jpg

'Gimp

Cool cloud formation somewhere over the Gulf of Mexico.

IMG_1068 (2).JPG

Downtown Tampa on approach

IMG_1065 (2).JPG

Short Final to Tampa International Airport

IMG_1067 (2).JPG

Friday was a good day!

Abram Finkelstein
N48KY

Final into a friends grass strip, sorry for the crappy iphone through dirty plexi glass pic!

Attachments

• thedrome.jpg
    thedrome.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 49
A few Florida pics...

Yet another sunset (last weekend, over the Gulf of Mexico):

IMG_20141011_191148.jpg

FSU Campus and downtown Tallahassee, FL:

IMG_20141011_182439.jpg

On final Jumbolair (FL17) fly-in:

Jumbolair_20140309_0010.JPG

Rainbow over Everglades:

FL_Keys_20130707_0278.JPG

Rotonda West, FL:

KPIE-KAPF-KEYW_20131012_0014.JPG

Reactions: YKA
I've got a couple of nice ones today

Flying to work
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 320
Mrs. 6PC taking the yoke so I could have a gin and tonic.

1468569_10205200890928780_3032613976248661085_n.jpg

Back