Zulu 1 with a Zulu 2 issues?

Discussion in 'Flight Following' started by bnt83, Jul 29, 2013.

1. bnt83

bnt83 Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Brian
    Have any of you experienced a bad mismatch in audio levels when using these together in the same airplane.

I thought it was a fluke until it happened in two different airplanes with two different intercom manufacturers.

I'm gonna borrow a Zulu 2 again in the future and play with the airplane and see what happens.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  2. N747JB

N747JB Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    John
    First I am not familiar with Zulu headsets, but that's never stopped anyone else here from commenting. ;) On Bose X's if one is in stereo mode and the other in mono mode, it causes issues through the intercom. I would at least look at the settings on the headsets and see if they have adjustments and that they are the same. :D

3. bnt83

bnt83 Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Brian

That was my first thought. One airplane is stereo and the other was mono. I'm pretty sure her headset was set to stereo in the stereo airplane.

4. Archammer

Archammer Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    FlyingSchmidt
    pssshht, you guys don't even need me at all.. :( These fart smellers, I mean smart fellers above me gave the answer that I would have.

Nice work!

5. flhrci

flhrci En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    David
    Some one needs to invent a radio/intercom that doesn't care about what mode a headset is in.

Dibs on first royalties!!

David

6. N747JB

N747JB Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    John
    The only reason I know is we chased this ghost after my avionics install, it worked great with the techs during their tests, but not with me in the plane. I figured it didn't like my fat ass or I had hit a switch the wrong way or something had come loose, but nope, just set the headsets to the same setting and the world is clear. :dunno: