Zef VR adjustment

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
R15V0N 12v
Noticed voltage is just a tad higher than the battery mfg recommends at these temps.
Appears to have an adjustment screw but I can’t locate any documents describing its use.

C0AAFD83-3211-4FB3-829F-E76B98177D81.jpeg
Anyone?

I can’t locate any documents describing its use.
I usually contacted Zef support for the process and to verify if the particular model can be adjusted installed. Some need a bench adjustment. But may want to first check/clean all connections/wires for sensing/charging circuits and verify charge voltage at several point with a good meter. And if it still is reading too high for you perhaps a quick call to the battery support guys to see their input. Sometimes its best to adjust to a nominal charge voltage to handle the largest operating parameter vs recurring adjustments as the temp changes.

that's actually a slot screw, I think it's the adjustment.
Surprised nothing on their site/manuals and really surprised prowling av forums no one has ever talked about it.
I checked the documentation on their site and the docs I have collected. I'm surprised too.
If it was me, I'd adjust the screw very slowly while monitoring bus voltage.
https://zeftronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/R15V0N-+-R25V0N-Zeftronics--1024x887.jpg
Note the adjustment hint on the right side of the label.

Zef tech says first check the v drop between bus and I.
If the difference is >0.2v (with engine off) check the connections at each end of the I wire.
If it is <0.2v I can adjust the slot screw on the face.
He was not sure which way to turn (if I need to, I will try CCW first)
He said it will be <1/4 turn needed. The usual output is regulated to 14.1v.

Thanks!

I have the same unit in my C172, so I'm interested in learning about this adjustment.

Thanks!

I have the same unit in my C172, so I'm interested in learning about this adjustment.

Larry!
CCW was the wrong direction
I turned it out only an RCH (CCW direction) and the voltage went UP 0.1v.
I’m going to try it the other direction (CW) next flight.

Back