Zaon PCAS XRX

Baron62

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Baron62
My Zaon PCAS will not power up any more with aircraft power or the seperate cigarette lighter power. It was working, then sometimes it would not power up and now it will not power up at all. Anybody run into this type of failure and where you able to resolve? Company is out of business.

I will be transitioning to ADSB soon so should I not bother with replacing with a used unit or is this still a valuable tool in addition to ADSB? Aircraft power and audio panel is already wired for the Zaon.

My Zaon PCAS will not power up any more with aircraft power or the seperate cigarette lighter power. It was working, then sometimes it would not power up and now it will not power up at all. Anybody run into this type of failure and where you able to resolve? Company is out of business.

I will be transitioning to ADSB soon so should I not bother with replacing with a used unit or is this still a valuable tool in addition to ADSB? Aircraft power and audio panel is already wired for the Zaon.
I have ADS-B in and out and still turn on the XRX. Lots of holes in the ABS-B system around here. YMWV

Sounds like you have a cool looking paperweight or conversation piece for your office.

I just ordered a used one via ebay. It is a useful device to pick up traffic.

Same here ...XRX is in every flight even with ADSB installed

I just installed the new used one in the airplane and noticed the new one makes a buzzing sound. Is this normal? I never noticed this sound on the last one. I have not flight tested yet. The display controls seem to work correctly.

Good, I hope I hear her voice too! I moved mine from the pilot side to the co-pilot side. I don't like it in my line sight when flying. Hearing her voice will perk me up to look at the display. :)

I was able to hear the alerts. seems to be working. :)

I have the Monroy ATD-300 which works very well in the Bahamas and the Caribbean where there is no ADS-B.

Back