YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos...

There is a dedicated and coordinated effort towards the, "Othering" of gunowners.

Absolute crap tons of money in it, too. Waaaaaaaay more than the big bad boogeyman NRA ever dreamed of spending on anyone or anything.

The Florida student who’s been shocked around as the poster child for the anti-gun movement, magically had $6M in a gofundme account and $4M of it was a single donation, in one day. Multiple millions have been spent on his whirlwind tour and “impromptu” rallies.

They’re not impromptu at all. And it’s not a student led or run movement, even if that’s the marketing spin.

Amazing lies and dangerous blatant social engineering, for sure.

Didn’t see anyone pay for any of the kids to be flown out to meet the Maryland officer who did it right, or on TV asking for godundme money to fly there themselves to shake his hand.

No kids from Florida with all expenses paid tickets and lodging to go to “impromptu” rallies for him extolling the praises of his bravery and properly implemented security.

I guess there’s only enough millions to fly them to meet Anderson Cooper... a true American hero, if there ever was one... and only enough money and press cameras to do multiple location interviews with politicians, and no way the kids could be brought into a studio now, to talk to the Maryland cop, and thank him.

Wouldn’t want them to have another grueling multi day interview schedule for every network and talk show like a couple weeks ago.

Plus the bizjet is suddenly busy this week. ;)

LOL.

Your argument falls apart when you consider that people can believe anything they want or invent. If they were able to use religion as a valid argument, we might as well not have any laws because they all could be challenged on religious grounds.

The thing is that there actually are many religions, some of them predating Judaism, that consider nudity part of their creed. Many pagan sects, for example, perform all their ceremonies in the nude. The removal of any barriers to their communion with the natural world is part of the rituals.

Even most Orthodox Christian denominations still technically call for people to be baptized in the nude. In practice, unless the person being baptized is an infant, underwear are usually allowed as an alternative nowadays. But that's a relatively recent concession.

So if push came to shove, wouldn't a bunch of pagans who wanted to be nude in some public context in which it didn't present a health or safety hazard have the same right not to be discriminated against as, say, Jews, Muslims, or Sikhs whose faiths require religious garb of some sort to be worn?

Rich

Religion is a protected class. Like it or not.

How do we approve specific religions for protection?

Technically, we don't. SCOTUS has ruled that neither themselves, nor any other court, nor any branch of government can rule on the validity of a religious belief. The closest they can come is deciding whether a group is a "church" for purposes of tax exemption.

Even then, all the government is doing is recognizing that the organization is a "church," not granting the exemption. Churches are automatically tax-exempt. The IRS recognition is merely a convenience and is not mandatory. A church that chooses not to apply for recognition of their exemption is still exempt. Having the IRS recognize that exemption just prevents them from having to prove it over and over again.

One thing I've always found amusing is that Jesus and the apostles might not qualify as a "church" using IRS criteria:
  • distinct legal existence;
  • recognized creed and form of worship;
  • definite and distinct ecclesiastical government;
  • formal code of doctrine and discipline;
  • distinct religious history;
  • membership not associated with any other church or denomination;
  • organization of ordained ministers;
  • ordained ministers selected after completing prescribed courses of study;
  • literature of its own;
  • established places of worship;
  • regular congregations;
  • regular religious services;
  • Sunday schools for the religious instruction of the young; and
  • schools for the preparation of its ministers.
Source: IRS Publication 1828, Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organizations, page 33.

Rich

I got my taxes done. Don’t know what the point is to that mind numbing exercise other than mandatory Statist worship.
I did too. Now I can go have fun since that duty is finished for the year. I told myself I needed to do them before I could do other stuff.

Oh, and I'm a gun owner. I also think there should be a set age that people get adult privileges, not this sliding scale we have now. If people can vote and serve in the military at 18, they can buy guns and alcohol at that age too. We delay "adulthood" too long in this culture.

Last edited:
So if push came to shove, wouldn't a bunch of pagans who wanted to be nude in some public context in which it didn't present a health or safety hazard have the same right not to be discriminated against as, say, Jews, Muslims, or Sikhs whose faiths require religious garb of some sort to be worn?
Surely someone would have tested this by now... There is no shortage of people who want to push the legal envelope.

Oh, and I'm a gun owner. I also think there should be a set age that people get adult privileges, not this sliding scale we have now. If people can vote and serve in the military at 18, they can buy guns and alcohol at that age too. We delay "adulthood" too long in this culture.

Or move all that back to 21. If at 18 you are too immature to purchase a rifle or a can of beer, how can we trust you to vote or sit on a jury ?

Or move all that back to 21. If at 18 you are too immature to purchase a rifle or a can of beer, how can we trust you to vote or sit on a jury ?
Or make it 17. You can fly an airplane unsupervised at 17...

Seriously, in the “good old days”, people were considered adults at puberty.

Gosh, politics and religion being (again) openly discussed and an MC (again) actively participating.

This place is sure interesting.

The previous post was deleted. If you can’t resist posting hyper-political links, this thread will be closed.

That should bring all the troublemakers out of the woodwork, LOL.

The previous post was deleted. If you can’t resist posting hyper-political links, this thread will be closed.

That should bring all the troublemakers out of the woodwork, LOL.
Oh, it already did...

Not a troublemaker, just a person who thinks rules should be followed and, if they're not, they should be eliminated. It's really not that effing complicated.

Not a troublemaker, just a person who thinks rules should be followed and, if they're not, they should be eliminated. It's really not that effing complicated.
Just like the SCOTUS, we probably have a different interpretation of the rules than you do. We sometimes disagree among ourselves, if you can believe that.

Last edited:
They’re not impromptu at all. And it’s not a student led or run movement, even if that’s the marketing spin.
Even out here in Podunkville the local high school had a scheduled "anti-gun" rally the other day. Somebody, somewhere higher up than the school principal had to have said something in order for this rally to be so well planned, executed and scheduled. This totally solidified my beliefs that there's an agenda by TPTB to indoctrinate our young when a little school out on the plains of Colorado can schedule and hold such a rally. Thankfully my little brother taught his kids well not to buy into all the propaganda BS, and pulled them out of school for the day just to make his statement. He told the principal they were "scheduled" to go to the range for 2A training and to study our constitution. :cool:

I always found it was interesting that I had a license to kill in combat at age 18 yet I wasn't allowed to buy a beer stateside in most places.

Just like the SCOTUS, we probably have a different interpretation of the rules than you do. We sometimes disagree among ourselves, if you can believe that.
"I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description, and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the motion picturethread involved in this case is not that."

"But I know it when I see it, and the motion picturethread involved in this case is not that."

Only because the most agregious post(s) were deleted. And whether it techically qualifies or not, still doesn't excuse one particular MC member from continually diving head first into questionable discussions.

The only troubling thing about this ban is the possible impact to future Redneck Pilot (@OkieFlyer ) videos. I was hoping I could fly over to Oklahoma and we could take the door off the 182 and get some aerial hog hunting in.

As far as I can tell, Youtube hasn't banned gun demonstration videos yet.

Religion is a protected class. Like it or not.

How do we approve specific religions for protection?
flying_spaghetti_monster_cropped.jpg

The only troubling thing about this ban is the possible impact to future Redneck Pilot (@OkieFlyer ) videos. I was hoping I could fly over to Oklahoma and we could take the door off the 182 and get some aerial hog hunting in.

Now what makes you think I'm one of them gun guys? I wouldn't post videos of myself in an airplane with a gun, as this screenshot of an upcoming episode clearly shows (wink).

X3aW_ZLCM1nZ9O9-YbVD4sfpu4hiurFld-IPIvNO-_D5f82IH-_qNGQ7aF6XuENxWvYsPDu2msOJzAbuLgmp1QBDXVJlB_3Agd_o4SWhsaslCkqAzWqzpRkvHFekB4Ih8mfcnMk2mffj3lp6ukAkJA_UVi_mDVeFQiLCNk2OTWS2DozAD1mz-LBY8kIt8k2rayd29yfh5iS4Rns8yZX2pvswR6hvHQhnFL6HqAWtLtM8PeDkBMaJofhlU3tNAG7-Wl1DddhwPLE6uv8InG_xVkpppln_SWyIuEGmbHLtwP04qM1cWBmkQDnpzoKWkxuEvDI5SOehKBi2kMdaFT02Wxn-goMhyAzqOZ8vceDpDQCy6IejwHcai_MUEs7a7kKo_rNsxmqD1tW1YUU80IRohLkRT50tUE532EaeCQAfTluaAJAE7hgO8lYPc-JulVQkV5bWiUQWuQhsGSl2vHb402y-pk3ybtZcPADYhLluOsWVeB803Cpwd86RW0-hy6t_1j9M3lRi3gk8I2F6-1cLE9VyT3o1g55lLDap4p19UIa9SmbF2mZ9LQhjDfkfItcRYr0jS993e8NkNVgkgPsOA5DrL5NfWAJCJGaPwW0=w526-h934-no

I only use lever action shoulder mounted cannon.

I need more lever guns in my life. And revolvers.

I’ve avoided both in my current collection for fear of starting new facets of that hobby that will suck away serious money. LOL.

Well that and the other bolt action, pump action, and self loaders do all the jobs required of them. :)

Other than be as fun as lever actions, that is. :) ARGH! Stop tempting me!!! :) :) :)

Now what makes you think I'm one of them gun guys? I wouldn't post videos of myself in an airplane with a gun, as this screenshot of an upcoming episode clearly shows (wink).

X3aW_ZLCM1nZ9O9-YbVD4sfpu4hiurFld-IPIvNO-_D5f82IH-_qNGQ7aF6XuENxWvYsPDu2msOJzAbuLgmp1QBDXVJlB_3Agd_o4SWhsaslCkqAzWqzpRkvHFekB4Ih8mfcnMk2mffj3lp6ukAkJA_UVi_mDVeFQiLCNk2OTWS2DozAD1mz-LBY8kIt8k2rayd29yfh5iS4Rns8yZX2pvswR6hvHQhnFL6HqAWtLtM8PeDkBMaJofhlU3tNAG7-Wl1DddhwPLE6uv8InG_xVkpppln_SWyIuEGmbHLtwP04qM1cWBmkQDnpzoKWkxuEvDI5SOehKBi2kMdaFT02Wxn-goMhyAzqOZ8vceDpDQCy6IejwHcai_MUEs7a7kKo_rNsxmqD1tW1YUU80IRohLkRT50tUE532EaeCQAfTluaAJAE7hgO8lYPc-JulVQkV5bWiUQWuQhsGSl2vHb402y-pk3ybtZcPADYhLluOsWVeB803Cpwd86RW0-hy6t_1j9M3lRi3gk8I2F6-1cLE9VyT3o1g55lLDap4p19UIa9SmbF2mZ9LQhjDfkfItcRYr0jS993e8NkNVgkgPsOA5DrL5NfWAJCJGaPwW0=w526-h934-no

You shoot the Hornady LeverEvolutions with it?

I need more lever guns in my life. And revolvers.

I’ve avoided both in my current collection for fear of starting new facets of that hobby that will suck away serious money. LOL.

Well that and the other bolt action, pump action, and self loaders do all the jobs required of them. :)

Other than be as fun as lever actions, that is. :) ARGH! Stop tempting me!!! :) :) :)

Marlin quality has dropped some and you probably want to avoid the early models after Remington bought them. Henry has an all-weather option in 30-30 and 45-70 that has my attention. I’m a big fan of lever actions, they are a good fit for hunting around here. The Marlin XLR is one of my favorite guns. I’m wanting it in 35 Rem but they are very hard to find.

I don’t recommend the one pictured above unless you are willing to take a beating!

Lever action rifles are the the only rifles I own and want besides the Winchester Model 61 Pump Action .22 my dad gave me some 60 years ago. I recently got an appraisal of the 61 and was amazed.

Cheers

Marlin quality has dropped some and you probably want to avoid the early models after Remington bought them. Henry has an all-weather option in 30-30 and 45-70 that has my attention. I’m a big fan of lever actions, they are a good fit for hunting around here. The Marlin XLR is one of my favorite guns. I’m wanting it in 35 Rem but they are very hard to find.

I don’t recommend the one pictured above unless you are willing to take a beating!

Hahaha. Stoppppppp it. Stop! LOL.

It’d have to be 45-70 for me. I’d end up then shopping for revolvers to use in Cowboy Action.

And then I’d have to find a correct period style shotgun...

And then... well, nobody wants to see me in cowboy garb with overpriced holsters.

Really. :)

One thing I've always found amusing is that Jesus and the apostles might not qualify as a "church" using IRS criteria:
Well, to be fair... they weren't. A church, that is.

And then... well, nobody wants to see me in cowboy garb with overpriced holsters.

Really. :)

This is likely the only completely unanimous opion EVER on POA.

Henry Repeating Arms make enough variation of lever action rifles you’d have to win the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes to own one of each.

Cheers

What is it about lever guns, anyway? Dad left me an old Rossi with a Redfield peep sight, chambered in .357 Mag, and I love that thing. Goes great with the S&W Model 28. Lately I find myself wishing I had a lever gun in .44 Mag to go with the Model 29. It's nuts. I don't shoot enough any more to justify any of it. Still... I mean, jeez, not everything HAS to have a purpose, I guess.... right?

Henry Repeating Arms make enough variation of lever action rifles you’d have to win the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes to own one of each.

Oh I know. I know. The new Henry does nice stuff.

When their thousand man shoot came up in PHX I wanted to go badly. Pay your bucks, shoot with 999 other people on the firing line, and you get to keep your commemorative rifle.

I couldn’t make it but I notified the wife of a pilot friend in PHX who shoots and she made sure it was his present for a Christmas or birthday thing or something. He sent nice photos and had a ball participating. I was jealous but happy I had poked the info their way so she could surprise him with that.

I think if we get time to visit down there again someday (our family members who lived down there don’t anymore so less regular trips to PHX, which is a bummer because we always stop and see various pilot friends there) he might let me shoot it. :) :) :)

Anyway...

Yes. A Henry would start a whole new addiction I don’t want to pay for right now. Haha. I have CFI stuff to do still and a vehicle conundrum going on in my head over how to reconfigure the Hooptie fleet. Hahaha.

Life is good.

I hear a few of the local CFIs shoot at my range fairly regularly. I need to see if they’d mind another tag-along on those days. I needed a correction on a sign off once when I was revising the logbook and one of my CFIs says, “Do you know where the shooting range is across the road from the airport?”

“Yeah. I shoot there.”

“Meet me in the parking lot at X:XX, I’m meeting X, Y and Z there to shoot this afternoon. We go fairly regularly.”

“Awesome. See ya then. I can’t stay to shoot today but that’ll work!”

:) :) :)

What is it about lever guns, anyway? Dad left me an old Rossi with a Redfield peep sight, chambered in .357 Mag, and I love that thing. Goes great with the S&W Model 28. Lately I find myself wishing I had a lever gun in .44 Mag to go with the Model 29. It's nuts. I don't shoot enough any more to justify any of it. Still... I mean, jeez, not everything HAS to have a purpose, I guess.... right?

Nope. My ham radio gear is doing a good job of collecting dust right now. I’ll find a “round tuit” and get the tower up eventually and rebuild the shack. :)

Nope. My ham radio gear is doing a good job of collecting dust right now. I’ll find a “round tuit” and get the tower up eventually and rebuild the shack. :)
Don't get me started on THAT either. I just dragged the FT-817 out Tue., rigged up an interface Wed., and am contemplating weak signal digital modes.

Life is truly too short. SO many toys. Speaking of which... hotel room, wife, I'm off for the night.

:D

My wife's a published romance novelist. I prefer to refer to myself as a research tool.

Ron Wanttaja

Unfortunately my childhood Daisy BB gun was the only lever action I've owned. I've been having a hankering for a decent lever action as well. It's just been way down on my priority list.

Yep. You better pay attention to how you shoulder it before every shot, and pull her in tight. Recoil is very snappy.

Applied to the wife-toy, makes this post unbelievably funny.

I shouldn’t have said that.

Another notch on the “we ain’t letting you in here” list for St. Peter for me. Hahaha. :)

Wedding cakes are like airline food. They usually suck.

Ours didn’t. German chocolate. And no nasty fondant.

You’re going to the wrong weddings. :)

Yup. I don't remember ours (too many decades ago), but our daughter's was great. There's a German bakery here in Olympia that I hate for the simple reason that I gain 5 pounds just walking in the front door. Our son's cake wasn't bad, either.

Now Citibank announced they will stop doing business with gun shops that sell to 18 year olds, sell bump stocks or sell high capacity magazines (which they haven't defined)

I've added Citibank to the list of companies I will not do business with. That was simple.

Absolute crap tons of money in it, too. Waaaaaaaay more than the big bad boogeyman NRA ever dreamed of spending on anyone or anything.

The Florida student who’s been shocked around as the poster child for the anti-gun movement, magically had $6M in a gofundme account and $4M of it was a single donation, in one day. Multiple millions have been spent on his whirlwind tour and “impromptu” rallies.

Amazing lies and dangerous blatant social engineering, for sure.

Didn’t see anyone pay for any of the kids to be flown out to meet the Maryland officer who did it right, or on TV asking for godundme money to fly there themselves to shake his hand.

No kids from Florida with all expenses paid tickets and lodging to go to “impromptu” rallies for him extolling the praises of his bravery and properly implemented security.

I guess there’s only enough millions to fly them to meet Anderson Cooper... a true American hero, if there ever was one... and only enough money and press cameras to do multiple location interviews with politicians, and no way the kids could be brought into a studio now, to talk to the Maryland cop, and thank him.

Wouldn’t want them to have another grueling multi day interview schedule for every network and talk show like a couple weeks ago.

Plus the bizjet is suddenly busy this week. ;)

LOL.

Ditto

As far as I can tell, Youtube hasn't banned gun demonstration videos yet.

I watched Hickock45's latest video on YouTube just this morning, so they haven't banned them yet. Give them time.

Back