Your Skyvector replacement.

Well, at least my Skyvector replacement.

Thanks Ed!

I have not been able to find my replacement for SV until just now finding this thread. It's been a sad couple of months for flight planning!

I was especially annoyed that Dave at SV remains so stubborn against the restoration of his formerly superior product which was requested by so many!!

SV is on the way out. It has been destroyed by its maker. Too bad.

SV is on the way out. It has been destroyed by its maker. Too bad.

I'm not so sure that usage will drop significantly, but if it does, that should affect ad revenue, which would presumably get his attention.

Personally, I'm getting used to the new user interface.

But if you don't use SkyVector anymore, what will you do with your super awesome and decade relevant batch script???

I've been using iFlightplanner since this thread. It's great for planning, and honestly I'm using the app more than Foreflight.

> "Personally, I'm getting used to the new user interface."

Me too. Don't know what I was even complaining about. It's the OP's fault.

I'm so easily led :rolleyes2:.

It's a miracle I haven't been recruited by Herbalife.

> "Personally, I'm getting used to the new user interface."

Me too. Don't know what I was even complaining about. It's the OP's fault.

I'm so easily led :rolleyes2:.

It's a miracle I haven't been recruited by Herbalife.

I still miss these features:

• Type depature, waypoints and destination all in one box and hit enter.
  • Drag and drop to reorder waypoints
  • Right click on an airport in the waypoint list to bring up A/FD page
  • Magnetic course not in the navlog.
iFlightplanner has the first two but not the last two. It's also missing TFR info on mouseover, coded METAR dots and graphical SIGMETs.

• Drag and drop to reorder waypoints
iFlightplanner has the first two but not the last two. It's also missing TFR info on mouseover, coded METAR dots and graphical SIGMETs.

Some of these enhancements shouldn't be too difficult to implement given the work we did with EdFred...

You can access TFR info now by left clicking inside the TFR and choosing 'Airspace' in the upper-right corner of the pop-up menu. You'll get a vertical profile of all airspace above that lat/lon, including any TFRs, SUA, Class Airspace, AIR/SIGMETs, etc. It does require a couple more clicks, so knowing that you prefer to mouseover for that type of info is helpful. Individually, graphical AIR/SIGMETs can be activated using the Map Layers menu found in the upper-left corner.

Our "coded METAR dots" appear along a route when you have the Enroute Conditions or Adverse Flight Rules layers turned on. This is in the same category with what JoeSelch commented on earlier about a complete Flight Rules layer, and we're currently looking at how best to implement this.

Thanks for your insight, we really value this type of feedback!

Best,
Andy

Still works like that.

Still works like that. Right click, pull up the skyvector data page for the airport, left upper corner has the scanned AFD page.

The navlog gives me a TH, Var and MH. Do you want less or more ?

Still works like that.
Interesting. Didn't know that it auto-fills the departure/destination from the waypoint list.

Still works like that. Right click, pull up the skyvector data page for the airport, left upper corner has the scanned AFD page.

Works on map elements. Doesn't work on waypoint items.

The navlog gives me a TH, Var and MH. Do you want less or more ?

Mag course decides the VFR cruising altitude. TH isn't as useful in-flight.

Back