Your perfect flying club would have what planes in teh hanger?

drotto

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
drotto
I was just thinking that there really is no perfect plane for all missions and for all people. If I want a nice day flight a Warrior may be just fine. If I want a weekened away with the wife a Mooney would be ideal. If I am going skiing with the kids a Saratoga is a great plane. And so on. So in your perfect club what 4 or 5 planes are sitting in the hanger?

Aircam on amphibs
J-3(w/skis in winter)
Stemme S-10(or similar)
Probably wouldn't be a popular club.

DA-20 - Trainer for the new folks
DA-40 - Step up, easy to fly

6 seater - Sometimes there is more stuff or people.

Tailwheel - Just for the fun of it

Pitts S-2S, Bonanza G-36, L-39 Albatross, Grumman GA-7 Cougar, Decathlon, Robinson R-44, AutoGyro MTO Sport, Mooney TLS, Lake Renegade Amphibian, Diamond DA-42 Twinstar, AirCam Twin, Nu Waco Biplane, Cessna TT, Cessna 206T, Schweizer 300CB,

Plus I'd like to be the aviation insurance agent that collects the premiums on all the above !

Cessna 206 Amphibian, Cessna 180, and an 80's model B58 Baron.

Last edited:
The planes being washed by hot college girls in bikinis.

The Central Texas 99's have done some plane washes for charity. They are not all college girls, but they're pretty hot in general. :goofy:

G650
Super Cub
Twin Turboprop Otter on floats.
Some sort of helicopter burning kerosene.
Extra 300
G58 Baron.
Staggerwing
and thrown in a Stearman just for fun.

Out of the planes that you can realistically rent I'd like:
DA40
DA42
Decathlon

Sure I'd be jumping up and down if I could rent stuff like Spitfire, MX2, L-39, ect... but have you seen those for rent?

I was just thinking that there really is no perfect plane for all missions and for all people. If I want a nice day flight a Warrior may be just fine. If I want a weekened away with the wife a Mooney would be ideal. If I am going skiing with the kids a Saratoga is a great plane. And so on. So in your perfect club what 4 or 5 planes are sitting in the hanger?

Beech 18
Aerostar Superstar
Bonanza
Beaver on Amphibs.

Bonanza Cherokee 180,235 Cessna 150 beech Travelair. That would cover it for me.

C-172, C-182 and a Bonanza. Close to what our club has now. We have 2 C-172s and an Arrow instead of the Bo. :D

taildragger
two place low fuel burn for boring holes in their sky
four place IFR with enough speed to get you there quickly
LSA
Amphibious
Acrobatic

If we are fantasying then a F111 would be in my clubs hangar. But realistically speaking, the Cessna 210 conversion AKA "Silver Eagle". I'd also take a decent 6 cylinder that trues out at about 150 fully loaded. And given a chance, I'd put a J3 Supercub or similar so I could have some slow flight time along the beach.
Overall though, I'd like access to all kinds of aircraft that I could fly, check out, or ride along in. I'd even consider SIC if I couldn't get the left seat (or right in a helo). But just the chance... I'd fly as Iceman's wing if I had to. I wouldn't like it, but I would.

If we are fantasying then a F111 would be in my clubs hangar. But realistically speaking, the Cessna 210 conversion AKA "Silver Eagle". I'd also take a decent 6 cylinder that trues out at about 150 fully loaded. And given a chance, I'd put a J3 Supercub or similar so I could have some slow flight time along the beach.
Overall though, I'd like access to all kinds of aircraft that I could fly, check out, or ride along in. I'd even consider SIC if I couldn't get the left seat (or right in a helo). But just the chance... I'd fly as Iceman's wing if I had to. I wouldn't like it, but I would.

J3 is a Cub, PA-18 is a Supercub. One is an overpriced uncomfortable underperforming relic, the other is a high performance off field plane.

Two clubs, three different hangars, but I have access to:

Archer II
C-182Q
Mooney M20J

and those pretty well meet all my needs at the moment. Would like an LSA as well, but I can't talk the rest of the club into that...

I will limit to GA planes we typically see:
Pitts S2B
Bonanza S35, V35B or equiv
Aviat Husky or Cessna 180
Motorglider of some foreign make prolly

A TBM850, a C185 on amphibs and an extra 300.

85hp Luscombe

Pitts S2

Legacy with TNIO-550

Caravan on Amphibs

Turbine Commander

Hawker Sea Fury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comache 400
Cessna corvalis
Turbo lance
Comanche 180 ( have to put it in there)

Cessna 150