Your Aviation Life

Nope. Won't fly them, won't instruct in them. There is no downside to the insurance scenario you mentioned, as Tim pointed out. By limiting my activities to these standards, that doesn't mean I'm not doing what I want to do. I haven't missed a single opportunity to fly when and what I want, just do it in a way that's comfortable.

Those of us who have been around the block a few times (and spent more time at the courthouse) probably have a different view than those who haven't. As with all pilot discussions, nothing here will change anybody's mind about how they do it. To each his own.

By that do you mean you won't ride along in anyone's airplane other than the ones you're insured in? Or did you mean you wouldn't "borrow" someone's airplane to fly yourself unless you're covered?

BTW I thought I'd point out that there is a downside (to the policy owner) for adding named insured pilots to the policy. Doing so basically dilutes your liability coverage because the policy limits are now split among the named insureds.

Mike Brannigan, you are my hero. Thank you for restoring a measure of hope!

I used to completely not care. Then i was involved directly or indirectly in a couple insurance claims. Now I prefer to be insured.

Back