You could chisel stone with these.

bnt83

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
most likely original from 1968 vacuum hoses. They were not easy to remove from the fittings :mad3:

A side note, two or three of the hoses on the autopilot look like they are some sort of latex :confused: I haven't come up with a replacement yet.

I ordered some Cessna R611385 replacement hose for the latex looking hose. I'm wondering if it is regular Gates rubber hose like the others I bought from cessnadirect.com

I ordered some Cessna R611385 replacement hose for the latex looking hose. I'm wondering if it is regular Gates rubber hose like the others I bought from cessnadirect.com

Yes, it most likely is since Gates is one of the few manufacturers that does Mil-Spec products like belts and hoses. Cessna sure isn't manufacturing it.

Yes, it most likely is since Gates is one of the few manufacturers that does Mil-Spec products like belts and hoses. Cessna sure isn't manufacturing it.

I've seen some weird stuff on brand new jets lately like a convoluted ptfe (Teflon) liner with nomex braid for static lines. Seems rather overkill for the application

I've seen some weird stuff on brand new jets lately like a convoluted ptfe (Teflon) liner with nomex braid for static lines. Seems rather overkill for the application

I imagine that is to deal with both the pressure differential as well as some burn time rating.

A few years back Margy pulled the boost pump off to send it off to be overhauled. We found 50+ year old hoses on the line (in fact, they were date stamped two years BEFORE our aircraft was built). I guess Ryan had a backlog.

Damn that's old.

My brother said after replacing all the old vacuum hoses that the regulator was set way too high, compensating for the poor sealing old hoses.

That will highly depend on the type of hose and fitting but these are a swiveling AN B nut to a slip-on barb type fitting so I expect to see similar results. First I've seen these fittings before.

Last edited:
Use the fuel low pressure hose from our National Aircraft Parts Association.

After you wipe all marking from it with Acetone. held in place with a wire spring clamp.

Use the fuel low pressure hose from our National Aircraft Parts Association.

After you wipe all marking from it with Acetone. held in place with a wire spring clamp.

Cessna part # R221315 $3.88 / foot at cessnaparts.com, comes with a pretty 8130-3 wrapped around a chunk of 3/8" Gates 4219G Marine fuel hose.

Cessna part # R221315 $3.88 / foot at cessnaparts.com, comes with a pretty 8130-3 wrapped around a chunk of 3/8" Gates 4219G Marine fuel hose.

Well now,,, use that, NAPA is about 4 bucks a foot.

Probably a regional thing. Hose here isn't very cheap either.

That price sounds more like what I pay for high pressure injection system fuel hose.:dunno: What you have is now called their Master Marine Fuel Hose, and it's a low pressure system hose.

Back