Yet another refuge from Rec.Aviation.*

Blue Bell. Yum. There's something I definitely miss about Texas.... Chocolate Covered Cherries (or Strawberries) flavor....
Homemade Vanilla for me. I can't eat much of it, but I'm not leaving Texas till I get some.

Blue bell Ice Cream??? Last time I had that was in Basic Training!

You folks need to come to Pennsylvania to the Strasburg creamery in Lancaster County -- Very high milkfat content Ice Cream, home made vanilla waffle cones -- YUM!

Hey folks, I just met up with Jay and saw his airplane at TME... a very nice bird! He took his father and his significant other up for rides, then the winds shifted and a gust front blew through, so the line guys put his plane in the hangar overnight. The line guys were very accommodating, and even drove me via golf cart to a vantage point next to the runway so I could take some pictures. These guys were very friendly and very helpful, and I highly recommend anyone stop by that airport if they're visiting Houston in the future.

I'll be posting pics tomorrow when I have time to make my computer cooperate with me better.

Hi Jim and welcome to you and other usenet folks!
Jim, I am hoping to fly up to Oshkosh for dinner on Saturday, June 21. I would like to meet you there. There is a "fly-out" from A&M Aviation near Chicago. Some other POAers may be there, also.
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Blue bell Ice Cream??? Last time I had that was in Basic Training!

You folks need to come to Pennsylvania to the Strasburg creamery in Lancaster County -- Very high milkfat content Ice Cream, home made vanilla waffle cones -- YUM!

I'm still trying to (re)find the couple of places in Penn-Dutch country that had on-site ice creameries and stores. As best I recall (and it's been about 15 years), there were a couple of places associated with dairies that had on-site facilities in barns or adjacent to the dairy itself. Can't find anything about them nowadays....

I also remember when University of Maryland had one on-site at the College Park campus. Again, not a sign of it today.

Bill,

This is close to my home in PA. Very good ice cream. Its in Chester Springs, not far from the Rt. 100 PA Turnpike Interchange. Can't remember the exit number since they are now using the goofy mile marker numbers.

http://www.milkywayfarm.com/homepage-creamery.htm

Well, the most famous one in PA is the Penn State Dairy ice cream store -- only weirdness there is you can only order one flavor per cone -- no mixing!

Jackson's Farms in Fayette County (Western PA) is a dairy farm with an ice cream making and selling business on the property.

As far as Lancaster county -- I don't remember any dairy farm + ice cream shops (we lived there from '86-2003). Maybe north in Berks county?

But the Creamery in Strasburg makes their own and -- In My humble -- but VERY experienced opinion -- is the best ice cream in Lancaster County.

Can't remember the exit number since they are now using the goofy mile marker numbers.

You mean like the rest of the country? ;)

That threw me off the first time I drove through PA after they made the switch. I was used to the old sequential numbers. This makes it much better in that you always know how far it is to the exit you want to take. Also, if they add another exit, they don't need to re-number all of the ones after it, or append a letter to the end of it.

You mean like the rest of the country? ;)

That threw me off the first time I drove through PA after they made the switch. I was used to the old sequential numbers. This makes it much better in that you always know how far it is to the exit you want to take. Also, if they add another exit, they don't need to re-number all of the ones after it, or append a letter to the end of it.

Now if we would only make our entrance ramps longer than 12 feet....

Now if we would only make our entrance ramps longer than 12 feet....

No joke! My parents live near Pittsburgh... trying to get on or off I-70 is a big gamble if you have anything less than a 6 cyl engine...

Don't even get me started about Rte. 28 and all of those bloody lane changes you have to go through to just stay on that road!

No joke! My parents live near Pittsburgh... trying to get on or off I-70 is a big gamble if you have anything less than a 6 cyl engine...

Don't even get me started about Rte. 28 and all of those bloody lane changes you have to go through to just stay on that road!

I'm one hour south of Pittsburgh. There is no straight line to be found.

Roads here follow the contours of Indian paths, riverbeds, old rail right-of-ways, and "the fastest way from Jake to Tom's house without getting your feet wet."

Indeed.

Cool that you live near Pittsburgh. Next time I visit the parents we'll have to get together to go flying out of AGC.

Yet another rec.aviation.* refugee. I'm staying more anonymous now, but it's nice to be here!

Welcome aboard! You're from the Madison area too, eh? That doesn't look like MSN in your avatar :no:, where do you fly from? (I do fly from MSN.)

Back