yet another C140A owner

Gotta admit, the idea of buying a plane like this is extremely attractive to me. They seem (relatively) inexpensive to purchase and operate and a whole lot of fun to fly. I'm a sunny skies-$100 hamburger-VFR kind of pilot and this seems like a great way to enjoy all of that in one, very cool package.

After years of tire kicking, obsessive research, and looking at Cherokees, Grummans, Ercoupes, Luscombes, and Pacers (and Mooneys and Bonanzas), I just pulled the trigger on a sweet 140A.

Thanks, @Lowflynjack !

So you get Jacks 140?

A 140A in great shape is a treasure. A ragwing 140 is a good plane, a 140A is a GREAT plane. My ragwing ‘48 model is the next best thing to a 140A, but the 140A is a prize.

Whoops, I asked for pics, but now I see them. Beautiful A model. I’m jealous. Take care of her and enjoy.

Last edited:
I will be heart broken when that day comes, but it will. I've never kept a plane this long and I'm in love with so many different ones!

I share that sentiment Jack. I’ve had the Piggy so long that she is just part of the family. Recently a friend, in front of my wife, asked if she was for sale. My wife beat me to it and made it clear that she’s not for sale,

In your case you may be even more attached since your landing in a tree led to your 140.

Back