yeah Bo-yyyyyyyeeeeee

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
got checked out in a G33 Bonanza and holy <enter formerly acceptable expletive here> that is a nice plane to fly! fast, comfy, and if your speeds are right, which mine were, real easy to land. lots of pros, coupl'a cons but man, nice plane. I think flying a Bo officially gives me the right to point all "which plane" threads to a Bo. anyways, got me a new travel machine to add to the list of planes I can fly.

got checked out in a G33 Bonanza and holy <enter formerly acceptable expletive here> that is a nice plane to fly! fast, comfy, and if your speeds are right, which mine were, real easy to land. lots of pros, coupl'a cons but man, nice plane. I think flying a Bo officially gives me the right to point all "which plane" threads to a Bo. anyways, got me a new travel machine to add to the list of planes I can fly.

Yup. Bo is a nice ride for sure. And usually well equipped and maintained. Cool you got to experience that eman.

No chute and wheels that come up...:yikes: Talk about livin' on the edge...:goofy:

He be ballin yo!

4740664.jpg

Congratulations. That airplane is what all others are compared to -- I'm not sure there's anything that better balances all the compromises inherent in any aircraft type. The Bo is a rugged, high-performance airplane that demands to be flown correctly (not driven), and returns the favor wonderfully. Good airmanship make the chute, AoA, etc. superfluous. You've tasted it, and I think you'll forever crave it. Fly safely.

Last edited:
Congratulations. That airplane is what all others are compared to -- I'm not sure there's anything that better balances all the compromises inherrent in any aircraft type. The Bo is a rugged, high-performance airplane that demands to be flown correctly (not driven), and returns the favor wonderfully. Good airmanship make the chute, AoA, etc. superflous. You've tasted it, and I think you'll forever crave it. Fly safely.

You stopped short of the part where we all sing the Hallelujah Chorus? Can't understand why. :D

Eh, same same, just a newer model.

G33 was a smaller engine, lower horsepower version of the F33 (which was the final evolution of the Debonair - the Bonanza with the optional tail that didn't fall off). ;)

(You may be confusing the G33 with the later glass cockpit G36? Confusing, I know. After a while those Bo's are just like illegal Mexicans...they all look the same)

Smaller engine, lower horsepower version of the F33 (which was the final evolution of the Debonair - the Bonanza with the optional tail that didn't fall off). ;)

Shoot, I've flown plenty of V-tails, even when they had those damn speed restrictions and stupid brackets on them. No tail will come off if you ****ing slow to Va in turbulence! So there. AND that's ANY ****ing plane in case you (I know you do so disregard) didn't know.

The only tail that I know of that came off was when Iran invaded Pearl Harbor way back when. Hmm did they even make Bo then...

Shoot, I've flown plenty of V-tails, even when they had those damn speed restrictions and stupid brackets on them. No tail will come off if you ****ing slow to Va in turbulence! So there. AND that's ANY ****ing plane in case you (I know you do so disregard) didn't know.

The only tail that I know of that came off was when Iran invaded Pearl Harbor way back when. Hmm did they even make Bo then...

My hangar partner was a Bonanza fanatic. Owned at least 4 of them in a row over about 35 years (hung up his spurs last year). Never stopped trying to convert this infidel Piper driver. That line always got him torqued up too; like a jihadi every time. :D

first B

"Iran invaded Pearl Harbor." I musta skipped and went flying that day...I know I flunked because I said Iran invaded Japan (my bad). What year did they go into Pearl Harbor? First Bo was 1947, btw.

It actually was the Bo prototype, and because of WW2 they weren't put into production until the war was over, you say 1947 so that's sounds about right. Think the Bo fleet invaded Pearl with Japanese markings in 1941, December I think it was.

You old guys... sometimes I forget about when Beechcraft's were E-AB.

Then they were C-AF (certificated Amateur Flown).

Now they are either "The Plane" of PoA, or "The damn Expensive Plane" of PoA. Difference being whether you own one or not. heehee

It actually was the Bo prototype, and because of WW2 they weren't put into production until the war was over, you say 1947 so that's sounds about right. Think the Bo fleet invaded Pearl with Japanese markings in 1941, December I think it was.

OK. Were these the Bo prototypes flown by Iranians? If so,they might have been the first turban Bonanzas!

OK. Were these the Bo prototypes flown by Iranians? If so,they might have been the first turban Bonanzas!

Ya know, I think it was called a Bonanza Turban. Wow, amazing history.

I'm curious, how did you find the control forces in pitch and roll? Were they about what you expected or did they require extra muscle? I fly a Cherokee Six but had the chance to fly a friend's B33 Debonair and while it was really nice, I found it to be a bit of a workout.

I'm curious, how did you find the control forces in pitch and roll? Were they about what you expected or did they require extra muscle? I fly a Cherokee Six but had the chance to fly a friend's B33 Debonair and while it was really nice, I found it to be a bit of a workout.

Quite the opposite for me. On the ground u have to yank that thing back, but in the air it's very sensitive and only takes light fingertip pressure. I went into it thinking I had to yank it but quickly found out doing the power off stall that it's just a light touch. Same with round out/flare. Easy peasy to land. Even the rudders were sensitive. HuhuhIsaidyankit.

Hmmm...interesting. I wonder if there was a rigging or autopilot issue. Does anyone know if the control system in the Debonairs are tubes or cables?

the first "v-tail boninjas as we know it started production in 1943 but were called the L-13 "hooker", they were built as a recon platform to be used in the pacific theater. They got the nick names of "hooker" because of the v-tail and its resemblance to their favorite position with thei legs up in the air. There were a total of 176 built between 1943-1945 but none survived as all were crashed, pilots liked the handling and the slow speed but commented that the lack of a chute and an AOA made them almost impossible to land safely. After the war the company decided it would market them to chumps and posers who think they are hot shot pilots but in reality the airframe is a polish design and have since suckered in lots of pilots with small penis' and have been profitable ever since.

So I guess you're off the Mooney idea now.... mmm...interesting...

Only if I 1) had mad money lying around OR 2) probably 4 total partners. Otherwise a bo is out of reach for me.

the first "v-tail boninjas as we know it started production in 1943 but were called the L-13 "hooker", they were built as a recon platform to be used in the pacific theater. They got the nick names of "hooker" because of the v-tail and its resemblance to their favorite position with thei legs up in the air. There were a total of 176 built between 1943-1945 but none survived as all were crashed, pilots liked the handling and the slow speed but commented that the lack of a chute and an AOA made them almost impossible to land safely. After the war the company decided it would market them to chumps and posers who think they are hot shot pilots but in reality the airframe is a polish design and have since suckered in lots of pilots with small penis' and have been profitable ever since.
hey.....I resemble that comment. :eek:

Other than crappy old v-tails?
Haha dollar for dollar you either get a crappy old v-tail or a crappy ol Mooney. No you aren't going to get into a conventional tail model for older Mooney money but who cares unless you just don't like the look of the v-tail. There aren't any real disadvantages of the v-tail.

You don't need to "yank" anything...part of the magic in a Bo (for me) is letting the yoke "come to hand" during the takeoff acceleration (as the elevator comes alive and overpowers the 'down' counter-weight). Otherwise, the controls are beautifully harmonized, and I would submit that the airplane is without vice; not sure if there's an easier plane to land -- pax often ask, "are we down yet?"

well I know that NOW, fee fi fo fanna.

Haha dollar for dollar you either get a crappy old v-tail or a crappy ol Mooney. No you aren't going to get into a conventional tail model for older Mooney money but who cares unless you just don't like the look of the v-tail. There aren't any real disadvantages of the v-tail.

I'm not sure I agree, grum. u can get urself a nice, well equipped E for $60k. I think u get bonanza scrap metal for $60k, maybe with a bonanza logo thrown in as a bonus.

I'm not sure I agree, grum. u can get urself a nice, well equipped E for $60k. I think u get bonanza scrap metal for $60k, maybe with a bonanza logo thrown in as a bonus.
Does mine look like scrap? Cause dat is what I paid. :eek:

Back