YEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Anyone else have the CSI: Miami meme pop into their head upon reading the thread title?

Anyone else have the CSI: Miami meme pop into their head upon reading the thread title?

Yes!

giphy.gif

I heard Howard Dean

Not only is he flying to New Hampshire, he's going to to South Carolina, and Oklahoma, and Arizona, and North Dakota, and New Mexico ... ...

And then he's flying to Washington D.C., to complete his signature map!

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Not only is he flying to New Hampshire, he's going to to South Carolina, and Oklahoma, and Arizona, and North Dakonta, and New Mexico ... ...

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not only is he flying to New Hampshire, he's going to to South Carolina, and Oklahoma, and Arizona, and North Dakonta, and New Mexico ... ...

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

You win POA

Thanks Everybody!

Checkride Summary:

Oral Summary

Local METAR: KICT 201353Z 00000KT 6SM BR CLR 15/13 A3006 RMK AO2 SLP173 T01500128 $

Met up with the DPE first thing in the morning at Westport (71K). He watched the pre-flight and didn't have too much to say. Since I planned a long XC before the oral a week ago, he had me plan for Augusta (3AU) where we would do our landings. At the first waypoint he had me do slow flight. I nailed it and was feeling great. Then a steep turn 360 each direction to clear the area. Next were stalls, a power on and a turning landing configuration. Both were all the way to break. Next we headed towards Augusta at 2000' agl and he called for a simulated engine out. I kind of botched it and was wayyy high on final. I had flaps 40, full slip, and by 1/2 of the 4000' runway was still not on the ground. I told him "if this was a real emergency I could force it, but it's not so I'm going around." Went around and was surprised not to fail. We then did a normal landing, soft field takeoff, soft field landing, and a normal take off. For ground reference we did a turn around a point. My circle was an oval, but I held altitude. Then a turn across a road and back to Westport for a short field and we were done!

Private Pilot Experience:
Dual instruction received: 27.1 hours
PIC time: 19.9 hours
Night: 3.4 hours
Simulated Instruments: 3.5
Landings, day/night: 144/10
Total time: 47.0 hours
Total investment: $5000

Last edited:
Congratulations!
Whose gonna be first passenger?

Congratulations!
Whose gonna be first passenger?

My soon-to-be wife. I'm planning a quick flight to Stearman for breakfast this Saturday. She's never been in a small plane but is actually very excited about giving it a try.

Thanks Everybody!

Checkride Summary:

... ... ...

Private Pilot Experience:
Dual instruction received: 27.1 hours
PIC time: 19.9 hours
Night: 3.4 hours
Simulated Instruments: 3.5
Landings, day/night: 144/10
Total time: 47.0 hours
Total investment: $5000

More impressed with the above then the checkride write up;)

My soon-to-be wife. I'm planning a quick flight to Stearman for breakfast this Saturday. She's never been in a small plane but is actually very excited about giving it a try.

You may want to consider buying a plane, and flying a lot BEFORE you are married.

Anthony: I'm a little nervous. However, I really doubt that she could hate it more than the flying cattle cars. Hopefully after the first flight she says it's awesome and we must buy a plane right now.

OkieAviator: Nope. Rented a Cessna 150 at $75/hour.

Anthony: I'm a little nervous. However, I really doubt that she could hate it more than the flying cattle cars. Hopefully after the first flight she says it's awesome and we must buy a plane right now.

Hmmm - how many holes are worn through the carpet?:D

I've read too many stories where "life gets in the way", and it is usually the wife that gets in the way. I am sure you'll be fine. Keep at it, and CONGRATS!

That's a great rate. A 152 I've rented a few times was $99 and was really a piece of junk. So much so that I stopped feeling safe in it so quit flying in it.

All but 8 or so hours of my training has been done in a 172. Good idea posting those costs for people to reference. I'll post mine when I pass my checkride.

Back