XPlane

aviationluver

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Slumdawg_FO
Hello,

If you know XPlane very well or use XPlane a lot could you please PM me or reply to this post.

Thanks.

Hi,
I've been using X-Plane since 1998 and would be happy to answer any question I can.
Hish

It's awesome and lets you play out scenarios I'd never want to do in real-life light GA.

Carrier landing, check. 0/0 landings... 50 knot crosswinds...

The models that I'm familiar with seem close enough. (Sans avionics.)

Best x-plane moment: introduced my wife to it and she did far better than I ever imagined. (really, really good, actually.) Next flight I put her in a twin and failed an engine on short final, which ended as expected. Totally worth the grief I got. :rofl:

My CFII has the commercial version, and I do currency approaches on it from time to time. Like any other PC based simulator, it's a fun toy, useful for instrument training, but still doesn't replicate real life flight dynamics very well.

Been using exclusively since '96. Commercial version flies exactly the same as the retail version.

I think it replicates slow flight, slips and a bunch of other regimes very well. It helped me with normal ops and xwind landings during primary training and was instrumental in my instrument training. Ba dum, tsssh.

After the experience I had with this programmer related to the xavion app, I would never consider buying anything from him again.

Used it extensively in my pp training for navigation. And in my instrument training for procedures. Very good aid but not a replacement for an airplane

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

After the experience I had with this programmer related to the xavion app, I would never consider buying anything from him again.

:yeahthat:

I won't contribute another dollar to that jerk's bottom line.

My CFII has the commercial version, and I do currency approaches on it from time to time. Like any other PC based simulator, it's a fun toy, useful for instrument training, but still doesn't replicate real life flight dynamics very well.

Wait, what?

:yeahthat:

I won't contribute another dollar to that jerk's bottom line.

Interesting. I had exactly the opposite experience with Austin. Although that was many years ago. I called up and he answered the phone. He answered my questions himself. I then suggested he add a timer to the aircraft for timed approaches, holds etc. The feature appeared in the next minor version.
Hish

Interesting. I had exactly the opposite experience with Austin. Although that was many years ago. I called up and he answered the phone. He answered my questions himself. I then suggested he add a timer to the aircraft for timed approaches, holds etc. The feature appeared in the next minor version.
Hish
Yup, I will give him that, he responded quickly to my email also. That wasn't the problem. The problem I had was if I buy a program/app/whatever (and spend about $100 for it), I figure I own what I bought. Short of the program / app being abandoned completely I should be able to continue to use the app I bought. If an "update" is subsequently issued that disables the app unless I pay a monthly fee to the developer, I consider that underhanded.

I recently read that a certain Lancair Evolution in Columbia SC suffered a nose gear collapse due to a failure to follow proper procedures... some might consider it karma.

Back