Xanax

U

Unregistered

Ok so I've read the other threads and I'm feeling discouraged. I'll break out my concerns below.

Item 1: In college (2006) I went to the ER with a severe headache one day. They medicated my with Morphine and sent me home with Vicodin. The next day the headache came back and a repeat trip happened. This happened for 4 days and they finally admitted me. I was on pain meds in the hospital for a weekend and had an MRI of the brain. They found nothing. After three days in the hospital the pain went away and I went home. I don't remember any prescription meds for the condition and I'm certain I never took anything outside of the hospital or had any repeat of the event.

Item 2: In 2007 I had a scary incident while on a trip. I went to the hospital feeling agoraphobic. It was in another country and I have no idea what I was diagnosed with. I was sent home with Xanax and a memory loss drug which I never took. I did take the Xanax in order to remain calm for the 22 hours of flying home. After getting home I saw my Dr. and she said I likely had PTSD. She prescribed more Xanax (I never used any more of my first prescription or this second one) and referred me to a counselor who I saw for about a year. We did therapy without and medications and all was good. A few years later (2011) the condition returned while on a trip. After I got home I went back to my Dr. and she diagnosed me with anxiety and prescribed Xanax, Propranolol, and Citalopram. I never took the Citalopram and only took the Xanax and/or Propranolol for travel induced anxiety. I spent more time working with the same counselor and now feel great. I just started flying lessons and need to get my medical. Is there any hope for me? I don't need the Xanax or Propranolol anymore and never took it regularly but I'm sure that doesn't mean anything.

Again, is there any hope for me?
Thanks,,,,,

Jeepers.
90 days off all meds.
Urine the day of evaluation or the morning after- it's gotta be clean.
Neuropsychology evaluation
Psychiatry evaluation

No Guarantees. Choose FAA HIMS certified folks or you'll never know for sure.
None of this is covered by insurance. Sigh. It costs about half of the average PVT-ASEL.

And here is the problem with medicine in the US and everywhere else. . . .like Doc notes . . . the practice of medicine by Rx pad. Drugs - and lots of them - and psychoactive - and apparently none of them did a stitch of good. . .

And here is the problem with medicine in the US and everywhere else. . . .like Doc notes . . . the practice of medicine by Rx pad. Drugs - and lots of them - and psychoactive - and apparently none of them did a stitch of good. . .

All too true. Pill popping society.

I guess the difference is that when I feel agoraphobic - I stay home. Ok Ok - I don't feel agoraphobic, but when I feel like I don't want to go anywhere - and don't really have to - I don't. It is part of chilling.

When my head hurts - I try to throttle down and deal with the stress that causes it - not do drugs that cause it to get worse. . . .

It seems that basic 'take care of yourself' means something different in 2010 than it did in 1960 - my mother told me when I did not feel well, to stay home and be quiet. Todaty the message is that with modern pharmcology you don't have to slow down and be quiet but you can keep you insanely complex lifestyle with a drug or two.

Sometimes - a nice craft bottle of beer, a cigar, and sitting around a fire with friends and not doing ANYTHING is the solution - humans need quiet time - lots of quiet time - you ever watched a dog pack? They spend most of the day sitting around. Interacting with each other socially - and not hunting or doing something. Primate troops? Same thing. Sit around and chill then go out and find something to eat.

Modern society is poison to most people - but they keep doing it. . .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back