X-32 vs F35

suuuure it would :rolleyes:

Nauga,
who survived the development of 'a hawk with a hook'

It has a tail hook. What more do you need? Paint VFA-1 on the side and call it done.:D

suuuure it would :rolleyes:

Nauga,
who survived the development of 'a hawk with a hook'

Well they haven't managed to do the F-35 for all yet. You add weight to the F-22 to get it to work a carrier, but at least it will still have greater performance than the 35. Isn't the 22 more fuel efficient as well?

You add weight to the F-22 to get it to work a carrier, but at least it will still have greater performance than the 35.
I see. It's all so simple you gotta wonder why LMTAS didn't propose that for JSF to begin with. :rolleyes:

Nauga,
who still has a bunch of NATF zappers

Why not the F-15 STOL/MTD with 3d vectoring? That's more of the direction the Russians are going...
Because the TD stood for 'technology demonstrator'. It was a research platform and was never intended to be an operational airplane. Results of the SMTD/ACTIVE/IFCS programs have certainly influenced airplanes that followed.

Nauga,
the dynamic inverter

I see. It's all so simple you gotta wonder why LMTAS didn't propose that for JSF to begin with. :rolleyes:

Nauga,
who still has a bunch of NATF zappers

Because the system is designed to feed the maximum amount of money into the weapons procurement process, not to achieve the best result. This is definitely funneling the maximum amount of money for the result.

Because the system is designed to feed the maximum amount of money into the weapons procurement process, not to achieve the best result.
"When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Nauga,
and the new world order

"When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Nauga,
and the new world order

When you have an $800 hammer, you have the military industrial complex producing the hammer.

When you have an $800 hammer, you have the military industrial complex producing the hammer.

And when you see the requirements documents and the 1000's of pages of documents required to be delivered to prove the hammer was developed in accordance with the requirements you know why it cost the producer $800 to build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And when you see the requirements documents and the 1000's of pages of documents required to be delivered to prove the hammer was developed in accordance with the requirements you know why it cost the producer $800 to build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Part of our problem is that we absolutely SUCK at writing good requirements. Some of the stuff we have to work with in testing is so f'n vague it's ridiculous. You could sum it up by saying we "consistently set low expectations and fail to meet them".

There are times where I swear only 10 percent of the requirements of some new systems are specified and we (T&E authority) have to derive the rest so that we can test the damn thing.

Part of our problem is that we absolutely SUCK at writing good requirements. Some of the stuff we have to work with in testing is so f'n vague it's ridiculous. You could sum it up by saying we "consistently set low expectations and fail to meet them".

There are times where I swear only 10 percent of the requirements of some new systems are specified and we (T&E authority) have to derive the rest so that we can test the damn thing.
we could go on and on with just this topic. And yes, SOWs are written like that on purpose....partly because the folks in the program office don't know what they're getting....and because they don't want contract failure.

From a program perspective....it's much easier to fix something that is "not" failing to perform contractually and expand the scope. Politics runs thick through this....:goofy:

From a program perspective....it's much easier to fix something that is "not" failing to perform contractually and expand the scope. Politics runs thick through this....:goofy:
Oh I believe it. It's a common theme in our disagreements with the Program Office.

Oh I believe it. It's a common theme in our disagreements with the Program Office.
years ago (early 90's)....I worked as a support contractor in a TNE office and wrote SOWs and source selection criterion for the program office.....but, I'm sure things haven't changed much since then. :D

X-32 had the "Death Blossom" button. It was determined to be cost prohibitive in maintaining that feature.

Back