WX next week where I'll be

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast2.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|FI|FI006|KITTILA&metric=1

I am a little worried about that Monday night. It is going to be -18C but it'll feel like -22C :eek:

I am sure I'll notice the difference. It is a heat wave though, average temps can be -35C

Finland eh? wow! I hope you take photos. How much daylight do they have now - maybe 6 hours?

edit - even less! light at 1048, dark at 212. how do they deal with that.

I spent a New Years at the Isle of Skye a few years back, even that had more daylight hours.

Finland eh? wow! I hope you take photos. How much daylight do they have now - maybe 6 hours?

edit - even less! light at 1048, dark at 212. how do they deal with that.

I spent a New Years at the Isle of Skye a few years back, even that had more daylight hours.

Sunrise 11:45am sunset 1:30pm

Should be great. I am hoping for a 'Purple' day. It is one of the weird things that arctic light can do, it makes everything appear purple.

Sunrise 11:45am sunset 1:30pm

Should be great. I am hoping for a 'Purple' day. It is one of the weird things that arctic light can do, it makes everything appear purple.
Get yourself some purple hair dye so you'll fit right in. :D

Say hi to all my cousins for me.

Ha. It's about 1/3 of each of the three Lapp countries. My grandmother is 100% Finn, first generation born here.

Copenhagen and Paris the end of next month are going to feel downright balmy by comparison.

I'll second the motion - take pictures!

ooooh, I hope you take photos.

I'll second the motion - take pictures!

I'll have you know I had to pack my bigger suit case. My small 17" carry on would not fit everything plus my SLR. So I went with the 19" for y'all. I just hope the buttheads in Europe don't try and make me check it. At least I am not going through LHR so I may have a fighting chance to do carry-on the whole way.

I'll have you know I had to pack my bigger suit case. My small 17" carry on would not fit everything plus my SLR. So I went with the 19" for y'all. I just hope the buttheads in Europe don't try and make me check it. At least I am not going through LHR so I may have a fighting chance to do carry-on the whole way.

I saw on Flyertalk.com last week that LHR is back to allowing 2 carry-on items. Still doing the shoe circus, however. Based on the last time I went through there, that's a good airport to avoid for connections. What a mess going from UA to LH a couple years ago.

Here is a picture taken just a bit after noon local time. This is as high as the sun gets and as bright as it gets. We have a whole two hours of sun each day.

Attachments

• Levi_noon.jpg
    Levi_noon.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 9

Coming back from Italy, I had to pack my CAMERA BAG (it's pretty big - think backpack/messenger bag) INTO my 18 inch carryon, along with my laptop, since they wouldn't allow me through security with both of those bags and the pottery I was carrying. I was pretty ticked off but I managed to get the bag to fit in with the laptop.

note to self - ship ALL souvenirs you'd prefer not to check - no exceptions.

Last edited:
Coming back from Italy, I had to pack my CAMERA BAG (it's pretty big - think backpack/messenger bag) INTO my 18 inch carryon, along with my laptop, since they wouldn't allow me through security with both of those bags and the pottery I was carrying. I was pretty ticked off but I managed to get the bag to fit in with the laptop.

note to self - ship ALL souvenirs you'd prefer not to check - no exceptions.
I have shipped crystal that I bought in Stockholm. WOrked out pretty good.

On the way home this trip I lay over in Munich so if I have to check luggage it does not have far to go.

Back