WTF??

N5922S

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
N5922S
Do I have to sign in every time? Can't say I'm too fond of the new, improved format.

I'm pretty sure I ticked the "keep me logged in yesterday" and I had to log in again today. I'll keep an eye on it.

Working great for me,had trouble during the change over.

Do you erase your cookies each time your browser closes, that could be the cause.

I keep having to sign every 3rd or 4th visit.
Also it keeps taking me to the OP when I click first unread on a lot of the threads.

Why would anyone ever log out of PoA or close a browser window? Why don't the smileys work on this new site? :confused: Ok, some of them work...

The only thing I've run into is that when I go to "first unread" of a thread I know I've been in under the OLD system, I end up at the first post.

The only thing I've run into is that when I go to "first unread" of a thread I know I've been in under the OLD system, I end up at the first post.
Sometimes I end up somewhere randomly, too. On occasion, I wind up in the right spot.

Clicking on "Mark Forums Read" in the upper left corner gets rid of that. (If you're using the thread-watching feature, you might want to read ones that you know have new posts before doing that.)

The markers for old stuff got lost. New threads are fine.

You can either "catch up" on all the old stuff and new at the same time with the mark all threads read thing, or just catch up in real life and it'll stop happening and work correctly after that.

Once it knows where you "really are" it tracks it correctly.

Works fine for me. A question for those that are getting logged out what kind of internet service are you using? Not claiming this is the culprit but I run a few boards and in the past have had issues with the way the various software maintains session ids. Some software uses all or part of the IP address as a session identifier. If your ISP is big or does funky IP provisioning it is possible that your IP address could change in the middle of a session. Satellite providers do this all the time. The software thinks something is wrong because the session IDs don't match because your IP address changed midstream and makes you log in again. Just a thought. May not be the case with this application.

BTW the way I fixed it was to change the code to only look at only the first two octets of the IP address for inclusion in the session ID. These change less often with than the last two.

Sorry. Missed this thread. (I would have seen it if it had been posted in site feedback with a title like "frequently logged out".)

I've noticed this happening to me as well. I'm planning to look at session duration later today to make sure I have it set to a sufficient duration. I know that part of my problem is switching between ssl and non-ssl. To those that are being logged out, have you messed with the ssl side at all?

I haven't had an issue once I checked the box. Maybe it's a client browser issue. I know you can set some browsers to clear history automatically after a certain time period. (I have my phone set for 1 day). If that's happening, the cookies could be getting cleared, and you'd have to log in again. I'm on Win7x64 with FireFox, and I've been auto-logged in every time.

Back