For Sale WTB: wind-up/mechanical panel clock

rrrrr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
rrrrr
Hi all,

Looking for a panel mount wind-up clock. Something that winds and is mechanical.

Anyone have one laying around from a panel upgrade?

This is going in our flying club Citabria that sits for most of winter.... so, no electrical draw is a good thing.

Thanks.

Example expensive ebay listing image:

s-l1600.jpg

so, no electrical draw is a good thing.
FYI: not all clocks require a hot battery connection. You could install an electric Davtron clock with the optional AA memory battery and have the clock powered by the switched avionics or master buss.

FYI: not all clocks require a hot battery connection. You could install an electric Davtron clock with the optional AA memory battery and have the clock powered by the switched avionics or master buss.
We are trying to avoid any wiring modifications. It’s not essential to this plane.

We are trying to avoid any wiring modifications. It’s not essential to this plane.

Is it flown IFR? If not then why need a clock at all?

I think we’ve located a local shop that can repair the existing clock for the right price. Thanks for the replies.

I think we’ve located a local shop that can repair the existing clock for the right price. Thanks for the replies.
Care to share. I have one I’d like to get fixed

Care to share. I have one I’d like to get fixed

via BeechTalk:

Hopefully your quest to find a low-cost replacement will be successful, but as an alternative consider sending the inop clock to these folks.

https://millerclockservices.com/

They repaired mine for a very reasonable fee. I sent them the clock and they called me back with an estimate, so the cost could vary.

Back