WTB Narco 890 DME

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
Anyone have one or know of a seller? I can find them on eBay but that is always a crap shoot.

More interested in the tray at this point but shoot me a price for both.

I looked this weekend...I have a tray but can't find the connector. Give me your addy in a pm and I'll send the tray your way.

I am looking for a Narco DME 890 as well. I have one frequency digit not working and need a display. If anyone has one laying around, cheap, I would be interested.

Thanks

Gene

Because I'm not paying 10-14 grand for GPS to install in my 31K airplane.

GX55 is a legal substitution for dme and IFR installation including the unit is more like 1-2k. And then you could file DCT.

GX55 is a legal substitution for dme and IFR installation including the unit is more like 1-2k. And then you could file DCT.

Dad was looking at a 182 for sale that had one placarded inop so I checked the website, garmin shows no repair service offered.

Dad was looking at a 182 for sale that had one placarded inop so I checked the website, garmin shows no repair service offered.

The screen is unobtainium but rest of the unit is repairable. Usually the cheapest/easiest repair is simply to buy a new unit, they're not expensive when someone who is not insane is selling it (read: 9/10 are insanely priced).

Yup I just put a GX-60 in mine. I like it and didn't break the bank putting it in. Under 2k for unit, antenna, indicator with (annunciator), paperwork, and installed. Now I can file direct and shoot rnav approaches. Im happy.. They are repairable except the screen. If the screen dies you have a boat anchor.

Is a GX55 better or worse in any noteworthy way than a KLN89B?

Is a GX55 better or worse in any noteworthy way than a KLN89B?

GX50 is the correct comparison, GX55 is en-route and terminal only. Matter of preference, I like the Apollo interface more (but both are obviously horrible to use).

Back