Wrong Iowa Airport

Provincetown - Boston airline if I remember correctly they mostly flew DC-3's?

Yep. We had DC-3's, C-402's and a couple of YS-11's. In the summer, we would park a DC-3 at the terminal and once it was full, it would go to either Martha's Vineyard or Boston.

In the winter, about half the fleet would be repositioned to Florida and fly down there.

This wiki post pretty much sums it up:
Provincetown-Boston Airline was a small airline that operated two route sections, one in the northeast serving many parts of New England and a second route section in South Florida based out of Naples Municipal Airport. The fleet consisted of many types throughout the operation including the DC-3, Martin 404, YS-11 and smaller Cessna twins.

I think I'd find another occupation.

I'd hope so...

I wonder how much diesel is wasted on idiots every year. We had one who was headed home (Atlanta) for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago from De Pere, WI (near Green Bay) and later called in to report having an accident.

In Toledo, OH.

It gets worse.

I trained him. :redface:

He was always terrible at trip planning, and he was kind of a space cadet. I finally got him to the point where he could plan a trip OK, though it took him forever (I finally just had him do detailed plans a day at a time, and finish the details the next morning after he woke up). I also had to make him read me every single sign we passed for a couple of days straight to make sure he'd read the damn things.

Well, he was in a hurry to get home for Thanksgiving and didn't plan the trip - He just looked at the map, knew he needed to get on I-65 after going through Chicago, and never wrote down any exit numbers. So, he didn't know he was lost until he passed I-75 :no: and whacked a light pole trying to turn around.

Later, he got fired for joyriding in his truck on the weekends. :lightning:

Maybe they were lost, saw a runway, and landed to see where they were. I've done that before. There's nothing wrong with that.

There is if the airport is class C and you don't talk to the right approach/tower on the way in...

Maybe that's what the CFI of the guy who landed in Indy a few months back taught him to do when he got lost! :hairraise:

Back