Written done. On the home stretch!!!

drotto

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
drotto
Finally took my written test today, after waiting way to long. Got a 98%!! Night cross country scheduled for Friday. Then one more hour under the hood, polishing and time for check ride.

Finally took my written test today, after waiting way to long. Got a 98%!! Night cross country scheduled for Friday. Then one more hour under the hood, polishing and time for check ride.

Congrats! Good luck on the rest.

Just wait till you pass the checkride! Good job!

What course of study did you use for the written?

What course of study did you use for the written?

Combination of self study using the Jeps textbook, and the FAA Aeronautical Handbook. Then the Kings online course.

Nice! I am taking my written this weekend, then my check ride is probably going to be mid december. Can't wait.

-Brian

Congrats,good luck on the flight test

High probability that 98 Is going to make for an easier oral exam.
Don't count on it but enjoy if it does.

My dad had the same thing happen when he got a 90% on his instrument test. DEP came right out and said I do not need to grill you that hard on the oral stuff. Here is hoping, but the flight portion of the test has me much more concerned than the oral portion.

I am hoping to be ready for my check ride by mid December, but with the holidays coming thinking it may slide to January.

Last edited:
Nothing to be worried about. You are on the home stretch. Just keep up your focus and enjoy yourself. The check ride will just be another lesson.

Hang tough and you've got it done.

Ok night cross country done!!! Did an interesting route from N87 to Republic (KFRG). that flight took me through NY airspace, out over the water from about Sandy Hook to Long Island. We then flew at 4500 just south of JFK. ATC more or less gave us a direct route to KFRG. SO I had the experience of being told exactly what to do for the first time, talking to big time ATC, and navigating one of the busiest air spaces in the world.

Not a bad night. Really cool seeing NYC at night. You could see a cruise ship leaving for somewhere, the freighters lined up for NY habour and Elizabeth, NJ, and , oh yeah, the nig planes coming in. :D

Good luck! Almost there!

Ok night cross country done!!! Did an interesting route from N87 to Republic (KFRG). that flight took me through NY airspace, out over the water from about Sandy Hook to Long Island. We then flew at 4500 just south of JFK. ATC more or less gave us a direct route to KFRG. SO I had the experience of being told exactly what to do for the first time, talking to big time ATC, and navigating one of the busiest air spaces in the world.

Not a bad night. Really cool seeing NYC at night. You could see a cruise ship leaving for somewhere, the freighters lined up for NY habour and Elizabeth, NJ, and , oh yeah, the nig planes coming in. :D
NY Approach guys are always professional and helpful. Glad you had a good time on your night x country!

Congrats! Don't forget to study hard for the oral! I've heard from so many people now that DPE's are being careful of people that memorize but don't know how to apply information. You'll do great!

Back