WOW!! Now THAT was a flight!

And that she did it in under 4 hours is amazing! I want her to fly me to Zhuhai next month instead of the 15 hour plane ride, hour long train ride and 3 hour boat ride that I will have to take to get there.

She must have been caught in the same parallel universe (with alternate laws) that affects the OP's post count....

And that she did it in under 4 hours is amazing! I want her to fly me to Zhuhai next month instead of the 15 hour plane ride, hour long train ride and 3 hour boat ride that I will have to take to get there.
Heck, that's nothing. The flight she did on 9/4 to Tipoli, leaving from my home airport (and not stopping to see me, I might add, even though I was at 6Y9!) took only 39 minutes! I think that qualifies as the furthest we've ever had on a departure from Clow! (Though we did have an arrival there last weekend from Washington State (KTIW) in a Citation V.)

Heck, that's nothing. The flight she did on 9/4 to Tipoli, leaving from my home airport (and not stopping to see me, I might add, even though I was at 6Y9!) took only 39 minutes! I think that qualifies as the furthest we've ever had on a departure from Clow! (Though we did have an arrival there last weekend from Washington State (KTIW) in a Citation V.)

Must have been that monster that was taking up most of the tie down space in front of the FBO when I did my IR ride out of there last Thursday. :D

5691mi in 3:07 or 1824mph.
Is N3334Q a private SR-71? Or is time travel really only a simple slip of the keyboard away?

I'm guessing TIP is the IATA identifier for Tripoli, and since she's based out of TIP here in the USA, and the computers sometimes switch em.

She must have been caught in the same parallel universe (with alternate laws) that affects the OP's post count....

Yes. How is that possible? Did someone add a couple of zeros to it?

Anyone know what the SVM way out in the Pacific is that FA sometimes shows me taking a wild detour to?

One place, an exotic and wild destination;

The other, is in Libya.

IATA codes are not unique. That's why the GPS's all use ICAO codes.

TIP = Tripoli
KTIP = Rantoul, IL.

They both have the same IATA code -- TIP.

Ben's comment was about Pookie's 300,000+ post count... There's a funny POA back story there! To win wars, make friends with the nerds!

Ben's comment was about Pookie's 300,000+ post count... There's a funny POA back story there! To win wars, make friends with the nerds!

What's the story? I've been at POA since inception but I don't remember what happened!

What's the story? I've been at POA since inception but I don't remember what happened!

Weeellll... like with many other things in life, it's not just what you know, but WHO. LOL. :rolleyes:

I got sick of people posting just for the purpose of raising their post count so that they could race for the #1 position. Killed by making it unreachable. It worked.

I think I came in late:

1. Pookie has 300,000 posts

2. Flygirl flew to Libya

Pretty much that?

I got sick of people posting just for the purpose of raising their post count so that they could race for the #1 position. Killed by making it unreachable. It worked.
Unreachable? Sounds like you're throwing down there! :hairraise:

That's awesome!

Or make it more egalitarian:
Easily fixed:

UPDATE user SET posts = (SELECT max(posts) FROM user) WHERE username = 'pookies';
or indicative of the non spin-zone volume on the board:
UPDATE user SET posts = (SELECT count(*) FROM posts WHERE forum <> 34 and deleted <> true);
(Yeah, I know I don't know the data structure)

UPDATE user SET posts = 1

Now everyone's equal.
Yeah, but there's no value to it at all, and it's static. No need to even keep it in the database in that case; just hard-code the value in the HTML.

Back