Would ya'll in the Midwest......

y'all just keep insisting on ****ing off the storm gods....
A tornado touched down about an hour ago about 30 miles north of here. I told Joe that it was going east so he could still come here today. Surely there won't be any more. :fcross:

i'm safe and sound and having a beer at my brother's in elkhart, in. my sister is going to hate me.....:(
Well, at least you're safe and sound. :)

A tornado touched down about an hour ago about 30 miles north of here. I told Joe that it was going east so he could still come here today. Surely there won't be any more. :fcross:

A tornado! And I was even considering swinging south and maybe stopping in your neighborhood...:eek:

Kaye,

Iwould get the exact same drip down the stack on climb out in my Trinidad. Mine stopped in level flight. You may start to see an air pocket inside at the top of the compass card chamber.The liquid was the compass dampening fluid.

A&P opened it up, refilled and replaced seal. Problem solved. Tightening the case would not work.

Gary Gembala

Kaye,

Iwould get the exact same drip down the stack on climb out in my Trinidad. Mine stopped in level flight. You may start to see an air pocket inside at the top of the compass card chamber.The liquid was the compass dampening fluid.

A&P opened it up, refilled and replaced seal. Problem solved. Tightening the case would not work.

Gary Gembala

When they opened it up, the A&P said the diaphram "exploded". Might be a slight exageration, but he replaced it, filled it back up with goo, and it leaks no more. :yes:

When they opened it up, the A&P said the diaphram "exploded". Might be a slight exageration, but he replaced it, filled it back up with goo, and it leaks no more. :yes:

I hope he didn't record it in the logbook unless he's also the guy that does your annual.

I can't remember if it was here or on the mooney list, but I think the consensus was that an everyday AMT/A&P could swing a compass, but not maintain/repair/refill one unless the facility was an instrument repair station.

I can see where that would make sense with instruments like gyros and altimeters, but applying it to a simple job like a wet compass seems silly. But "silly" is rarely a recognized factor in law.

Kaye, you sure have had an adventure trying to get on your trip! Glad that you finally got the plane sorted and the weather sorted well enough to get off the ground! :)

I can't remember if you're arriving Thursday or Friday, but I'll see you one of those days! :)

I hope he didn't record it in the logbook unless he's also the guy that does your annual.

Yep, it was the same guy that did our annual this year. And the owner had verified that an A&P could do the work.

No flying for me today, so I spent my fuel money at the mall! Haven't had time for several months to go shopping, so caught up a little bit.

But now I don't know where I'll stow Tony for the ride to Gaston's. :dunno: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

yipes there will be no useful load left for my case of beer and bucket of cookies!

yipes there will be no useful load left for my case of beer and bucket of cookies!

send it to felix. He'll add it to his ten cases of bottled water. I think he's flying his Grand Caravan.

If necessary I could probably stop and pick up the cookies on the way down. Of course there's no guarantee the majority of them will make it to Gaston's uneaten.

Back