Would like a pirep from Pilots in Colombia Sc..

Islandbrah

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Islandbrah
I am contemplating a move to Colombia SC from SWFL. I am curious about the number of flying days a year in the area. Here in ft myers we can fly almost every day of the year VFR. No Icing or fogged in weather around here. I’m also looking at needing to hangar my Cherokee 6. I know everyplace is on a waiting list like 98% of the country. Im on a list for Pelion airport and will get in the KCUB list soon. I’m curious about the area and was wondering if any of y’all have any input on the flying “community” up there. Also the neighborhoods that are preferable to families with small children. We have been looking on Lake and in Lexington/Irmo areas. Any input from actual residents would be great. Thanks.

I am contemplating a move to Colombia SC from SWFL. I am curious about the number of flying days a year in the area. Here in ft myers we can fly almost every day of the year VFR. No Icing or fogged in weather around here. I’m also looking at needing to hangar my Cherokee 6. I know everyplace is on a waiting list like 98% of the country. Im on a list for Pelion airport and will get in the KCUB list soon. I’m curious about the area and was wondering if any of y’all have any input on the flying “community” up there. Also the neighborhoods that are preferable to families with small children. We have been looking on Lake and in Lexington/Irmo areas. Any input from actual residents would be great. Thanks.

Where to live depends on where you are working and the school district you want to be in. Most areas in Lexington and Irmo are good for families but the commute is bad if you work in Columbia.

Pelion is good, KCUB has a great flying community especially if you join the local EAA chapter which is very active.

Weather wise, we have some cold days but we don’t really have a no-flying season like they do up north.

I’m retired so traffic is not an issue. It’s more for the schools and was hoping to have lake access. It if there is an area of faster appreciation I could give up lake proximity. Thanks for the input.

Back