Would anyone like some snow?

Keep it!!

Just good ole rain today. Washed all the salt and dirt off of everything.

What was fun is that my office windows were right were the cloud deck was today. Everytime I looked outside it was like being in IMC on the approach.

Keep it!!

Just good ole rain today. Washed all the salt and dirt off of everything.

What was fun is that my office windows were right were the cloud deck was today. Everytime I looked outside it was like being in IMC on the approach.
Chicago Executive was calling 002OVC when I called this afternoon.

I got all the gear on and went to fire up the (oh boy!) blower/tractor and... wondered why it wouldn't turn. Flat front tire right off the rim again. :mad3:

I pulled out the shovel and figured it was supposed to be 40 by now so it would be gone anyway. It hit 55 yesterday. Most of it is gone.

I live out here for a reason... other than gainful employment.
17 yrs in New England
4 yrs in North Dakota
4 yrs in south Dakota

14 yrs in the sunny Desert Southwest.. I can look up at the mountains and see the snow. But it was 75 here in the valley today.

The snow hit MSP at noon today. My flight was scheduled to depart at 1310. We actually took off at 1705. Seems there was a problem at the deice pad...

The snow hit MSP at noon today. My flight was scheduled to depart at 1310. We actually took off at 1705. Seems there was a problem at the deice pad...

Looks like it's pretty much over around here now. I think I got 4-5 inches.

Sure. It would help cool down the 85 we had here today in Dallas/Fort Worth.
It was getting a little sweaty at altitude in the clouds this morning around Austin. We could make some snow cones to enjoy back on the ground! :)

I live out here for a reason... other than gainful employment.
17 yrs in New England
4 yrs in North Dakota
4 yrs in south Dakota

14 yrs in the sunny Desert Southwest.. I can look up at the mountains and see the snow. But it was 75 here in the valley today.

Bill, you missed a miserable winter in New England this year and it's not over. Plese keep an extra room open.. I can't t:no:take much more snow!

Bill, you missed a miserable winter in New England this year and it's not over. Plese keep an extra room open.. I can't t:no:take much more snow!

Ya'll must be getting the system we got stuck with last winter. From first week of Jan through mid-March, we got measurable snow EVERY Thursday. It started out being weird coincidence, then it got kinda spooky.

I put new studded snow tires on my wife's car last month ... nothing on the ground here in Denver since then. I think they're anti-snow tires.

Just got done clearing 8" of the stuff off the driveway. Now its off to hangar to clear the drift from infront of the the door. My usual routine all this winter! :yikes:

Just got done clearing 8" of the stuff off the driveway. Now its off to hangar to clear the drift from infront of the the door. My usual routine all this winter! :yikes:
Well, no wonder you haven't had a chance to post here until now.

Welcome.

Jeff,

I guess you're in the wrong end of the state. ;) We got a LOT of rain yesterday. They were predicting snow, but it never came. Looked like OSH and GRB were going to get slammed, though.

yeah kent, I noticed on the radar all day that you were getting rain. I have lived up here 26 years (originally from JVL) and I have never seen it snow so hard. It started snowing here around 4:00pm and by 7:30 or so we had at least 6". Strong winds blowing the stuff all over.

Guess its a bit late to rethink moving up here......

I was over at Fermi in Batavia last night, and it was just pouring out, with some significant thunderstorms, too. When we left, the main entrance road had some minor flooding, and the fog was heavy. It was kind of appropriate, since I was leaving a seminar on single pilot IFR!

KSBA 271953Z VRB05KT 10SM BKN200 16/11 A3011 RMK AO2 SLP195 T01610106
Getting a little tired of warm weather,can you send some here?:D

I put new studded snow tires on my wife's car last month ... nothing on the ground here in Denver since then. I think they're anti-snow tires.
We got a few brief flakes today but I can see blue sky and sunshine out there again now. Seriously though, I think we could use some moisture.

You're starting to sound like my brother.. he's just south of LEW.

Bill, I really do feel his pain. Yes, someone has really p i ssed off the WX Gods.....:incazzato:Here is the 10 day outlook for Southern CT. I live here why?

Today
Feb 28

30.gif

Partly Cloudy & windy
42°
27°

Sun
Mar 1

7.gif

Wintry Mix / Nor' Easter
32°
21°

Mon
Mar 2

16.gif

Snow
29°
15°

Tue
Mar 3

14.gif

Few Snow Showers
31°
13°

Wed
Mar 4
34.gif

Mostly Sunny
34°
18°

Thu
Mar 5
30.gif

Partly Cloudy
40°
23°

Fri
Mar 6

5.gif

Rain / Snow Showers
38°
28°

Sat
Mar 7

14.gif

Snow Shower
44°
27°

Sun
Mar 8

14.gif

Few Snow Showers
43°
26°

Last edited:
CT, you would not want me to post the next weeks forecast..
And I see more moving your way tonight.

BT

Thank you, but I have all I need. It's 480 paces down this "pitch" of a hill when I walk to get the daily newspaper and the snail mail. And the 480 paces up the hill seem to a non-identical hike.

HR

The first 2 are winter of '07-'08; the 3rd was on 02/24/09

Oh; we did have high 40s° yesterday

Attachments

• Henry Road Hill_1.jpg
    Henry Road Hill_1.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Henry Road Hill_2.jpg
    Henry Road Hill_2.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Henry Road Hill 022409.jpg
    Henry Road Hill 022409.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
no no no No No No NO NO NO please stop.

Bill, post away... maybe it will scare the snow flakes away :)

Hey, in 2 weeks I'll be sitting in the Caymans..no worries Mon!

Harley, I guess I have no room to complain based on your pics! At least, well before today, all the snow was gone. At least you have ice for your drinks in July!

Last edited:
We hit mid 70s today and sunshine.. if you watched NASCAR this afternoon then you saw the weather. About 10F above normal for the 1st of March.

We do have a 30% chance of showers on Monday, clearing through the week and warm.. and 20% chance of rain on Fri/Sat/sun with winds.

Spring is not done with us yet.

Harley... Georgetown ME? where do you keep the Cessna.. ISS?
I'll have to look up that road..
I would drive through Georgetown all the time on the way to Reid St Park.
Bill

I am currently sitting in my parent's house - power went off about 45 minutes ago. This is the 8th time it's gone out in the last 12 months - the longest outage was 5 days. The heaviest snowfall hasn't hit yet.

They live in the Metro DC area - just outside the Beltway.

Dominion Power sux.

BUt wait! There is a power company truck outside now - looks like he's carrying a ladder back to the back property line of the neighbor's yard. Maybe another 45 minutes....

I am reminded of Glen Campbell:

I know I need a small vacation.
But it don't look like rain.
And if it snows that stretch down south,
won't ever stand the strain.

I like snow. Winter weather? Love it. Good thing too since as Andy posted, it's (allegedly) heading our way tonight.

Heat, eh, not so much. I'd probably melt in TX or FL.

I'll take all your extra snow as long as I don't have to have any more ice. Our power outage was 12 days, a very long 12 days. And then the phone system was still screwed up for another week.

Harley... Georgetown ME? where do you keep the Cessna.. ISS?
I'll have to look up that road..
I would drive through Georgetown all the time on the way to Reid St Park.
Bill

When you turn off Route #1 at the Dairy Queen(Woolwich) and take the left turn to Arrowsic, Georgetown, Reid State Park, you'll remember the Robinhood Road which is across the road from all that equipment which does driveway paving. ½ mile further, on the left, is Henry Road. I'm at the top of the hill on Henry Road. Or, I'm 2.4 miles before Georgetown Pottery, the Post Office, and the General Store(and Fire Dept). Or, I'm about 4 miles before you turned right onto the road to Reid State Park.

ISS? Isn't that ILS "talk" for Wiscasset Airport KIWI? That's where my hangar keeps the Skyhawk dry. Photos from March 04, 2007, #1 and #3 separated by about three hours of chipping ice on the North side of the units.
Correction: I shoveled first, left town for a meeting, and then came back to do the chipping. The South side, at the rear of my truck, doesn't have that problem.

HR

HR

Attachments

• Hangar Ice1 030407.jpg
    Hangar Ice1 030407.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Hangar Ice2 030407.jpg
    Hangar Ice2 030407.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Hangar Ice3 030407.jpg
    Hangar Ice3 030407.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Send some this way. Although I am tired of the cold and happy to see bare dirt on my driveway instead of snow (meaning I can park the gas pig of a car and start riding the motorcycle again), we don't have near enough snow pack up in the Cascades.

We don't get any more snow, I have a feeling that come August, the irrigation canals will be dry. Normally, they are still flowing in October, when they get closed up for the winter.

Back