Worst Annual Inspection

I worked contractor on the Navy TC-4-C BN trainer, it had R/R Dart installed, I truly believe you could feed it "Pea" gravel. and it would bring you home.

Turbines seem to have just as many problems as anything else. I'm not an engine guy but have worked at a large MRO almost 10 years now.

One of the most interesting things I saw was a nearly brand new Williams eat the driven gear on an oil pump. The filter was PACKED with metal.

Rivets that are part of the inlet assembly are a problem, constantly working and get ingested when the heads pop off.

I have worked major Airline C and D checks, Military and GA and found just as many incompetent people working aircraft in all. Their out their, the best you can do is if you have a good one keep him or her.

Owner assisted only here. I love being in the shop for the week and crawling around every inch of 08Romeo. I even get a $100 off for assisting.....I always tell the owner that the education every year is worth that and more, he still discounts the final bill.

Going in November 7th. Adding new duct work from the firewall back this year as my something new to do that's preventative maintenance. The beech aircraft have ablack duct that is an issue so I figured it was time.

I fly about forty minutes flight time away instead of changing to the shop on the home airport. If I can't be in the shop, assisting, then I will not give them my business.

It sucks driving an hour and forty five to two hours each way in the morning and at night for the week. To me its worth the hassle to have the access.

Last edited:
Owner assisted only here. I love being in the shop for the week and crawling around every inch of 08Romeo. I even get a $100 off for assisting.....I always tell the owner that the education every year is worth that and more, he still discounts the final bill.

Going in November 7th. Adding new duct work from the firewall back this year as my something new to do that's preventative maintenance. The beech aircraft have ablack duct that is an issue so I figured it was time.

I fly about forty minutes flight time away instead of changing to the shop on the home airport. If I can't be in the shop, assisting, then I will not give them my business.

It sucks driving an hour and forty five to two hours each way in the morning and at night for the week. To me its worth the hassle to have the access.
OSHA and the insurance companies are a *****, my motorhome garage has the same rules.

Back