Worse than a $100 hamburger...

Easy enough solution. Just buy one shrimp. Your entire trip would therefore be only $20. Jeezz, kind of simple. You're welcome.

(To be serious for a second, had to look twice at "SWMBO". I'm remembering that one - thanks!)

Didn't he write the theme song from Movin' On? :)

STOP.DOING.THE.MATH

Either that or post a spreadsheet with all your operating expenses for the year. Done honestly and completely. Oh - and share that with your bride.

I mean really: how many people who own fishing boats calculate the price per pound of fish?

:)

Sounds like a great trip, though!

I mean really: how many people who own fishing boats calculate the price per pound of fish?

We do, I have eaten $500 fish tacos before.

IMO, the costs of the boat are worse than the airplane.

STOP.DOING.THE.MATH

Either that or post a spreadsheet with all your operating expenses for the year. Done honestly and completely. Oh - and share that with your bride.

Well, I'm an engineer, and I got a math/CS degree before getting my engineering degrees, so it's sorta tough not to do the math. I've been putting the EE into GEEK since 1984, and by now those synapses are pretty much hard-wired.

I made the mistake of trailering a boat to the Keys one year for the lobster sportsman's season. I think it worked out to about $75 per lobster, and that was back in the late '80s.

STOP.DOING.THE.MATH

A gun owner's worst nightmare is that after he dies, his wife will sell his guns for the amount he told her he paid for them.

Well, I'm an engineer, and I got a math/CS degree before getting my engineering degrees, so it's sorta tough not to do the math. I've been putting the EE into GEEK since 1984, and by now those synapses are pretty much hard-wired.

I made the mistake of trailering a boat to the Keys one year for the lobster sportsman's season. I think it worked out to about $75 per lobster, and that was back in the late '80s.
I'm going to steal your saying, except it's been since 1976!

Back