World War II Airplane Art for sale

rkdF250

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Robert
I am posting these for a friend. Her father passed away and left these to her. She has no place for them and wants them to be enjoyed. Send me an offer and I can pass it along to her. 100_1602.JPG100_1612.JPG100_1618.JPG

Titles: "Ace of Aces" ->
It is signed by the artist and Erich Hartmann, the German ace
"Return of the Belle"(Memphis Belle) -> Signed by artist and 8 surviving crew members of the Memphis Belle: Robert Morgan (I think he was the captain), Robert Hanson, Bill Winchell,
Casmir Nastal, Johnny Quinlan, James Verinis, Charles Leighton, and Harold Loch

"Gathering Storm" -> Signed by artist and Gunther Schack (also an ace), Hugo Broch, Heinz Lange, and Fritz Losigkeit.
More about the artist -> http://www.roberttaylorprints.com/

Those are beautiful but being signed probably worth some $$$.

My grandfather flew in the B-17. He would love it; his birthday is in 2 wks (94). Please PM me a price, if you would. Thanks.

I really like the Focke Wulf one, Gathering Storm. How much do you want for it?

Anyone interested in purchasing any of these items can contact Kathy at suzanne1122@hotmail.com
She is interested in selling these and will be more then happy to discuss price and shipping.

I like the Return of the Belle because it references the American landscape with people. These are good. Nice to see them even if we can't buy. If they don't sell they might be of interest to a flying club near you, on loan, of course.

I like the Return of the Belle because it references the American landscape with people. These are good. Nice to see them even if we can't buy. If they don't sell they might be of interest to a flying club near you, on loan, of course.
I believe that "Return of the Belle" shows the Memphis Belle over England, not America.

Why can't you buy? They're not that expensive. I've got a bunch of limited addition signed prints, including a Robert Morgan B-17 & B-29 companion set. Think I paid only $300 for them.

Now original artwork, you're talking serious cash.

One of my favorite prints is a Spit signed by several aces like Johnnie Johnson and Bob Sanford Tuck and also members of the design team like Goffery Page. It was a commemorative for the "Guinea Pig Club" of British flyers who were burned and had reconstructive surgery.

Cheers

Those appear to be Robert Taylor prints. They probably sold in the $150 range originally. Should be easy to look these up on the aftermarket. The framing probably also cost in the $100-$150 range. It would be nice to think she could get $300+ for each one, but the pricing on signed aviation art has been on the decline for the past 10 years.

Those appear to be Robert Taylor prints. They probably sold in the $150 range originally. Should be easy to look these up on the aftermarket. The framing probably also cost in the $100-$150 range. It would be nice to think she could get $300+ for each one, but the pricing on signed aviation art has been on the decline for the past 10 years.

Yes they are easy to research. Most of them bring way over 500 without the frame. The Memphis bell and ace of aces is bringing over 1000 in most cases.

Yes they are easy to research. Most of them bring way over 500 without the frame. The Memphis bell and ace of aces is bringing over 1000 in most cases.

Well there you go. Much better info for the owner of the prints.

She has all the appraisal information and is willing to accept reasonable offers. The main thumbnails they are enjoyed by the new owner. She keeps them hidden because she has no desire to hang them.

There's a big difference between new and used artwork as well. Wouldn't seem like that with artwork but I've gotten stuff on EBay far cheaper than what a dealer sells a new print for. With or without COA makes a big difference as well.

Ace of Aces is one of Taylor's older prints so it goes for $1,800 new. Used, you won't get anything near that.

I'd actually be looking at Gathering Storm if it weren't for the fact I have no sq ft left on my walls for any more for aviation crap.

Back