World Record

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
I think I've achieved it. For the past three weeks, I've tried to schedule time for practice approaches. Today was either the 9th or 10th cancellation. Nobody's fault--just a combination of weather, my or instructor's availability, or maintenance.

But still: ARRRRRRG.

Try buying a plane. I have 28 hours with all my solo and cross country in the books. All I need is hours.

However I bought a 182RG, and am going to need high performance and complex endorsements in it, so being the cheep ass that I am, I have chosen to do my check ride in the 182, and get my endorsements before hand.

The ultimate goal, is for my wife and I to go places. I don't care if I get my PPL at 40. So for me, PPL at 40, and then 12 hours to get the endorsements (so 52 hours) is worse then PPL + endorsements at 45 hours.

This means the rest of my time for my PPL needs to be with an instructor, in my plane.

Took a while to get the plane bought and insured, and now it's been a pain to get my instructor free when I can fly.

My last flight, was November 17th.

You've flown more recently than I have. Which means, it sucks for both of us. :D

You've flown more recently than I have. Which means, it sucks for both of us. :D

My last flight was three weeks ago, and it seems an eternity.

Dr. Bruce! I'm suffering from withdrawal! What can I take? Two cups of 100LL every six hours?

My last flight was three weeks ago, and it seems an eternity.

Dr. Bruce! I'm suffering from withdrawal! What can I take? Two cups of 100LL every six hours?

Reminds me of a Kat Williams joke, "Aspirin is perfectly legal, but if you take 13 of them motherf***ers, it'll be your last d*mn headache" :goofy:

Try buying a plane. I have 28 hours with all my solo and cross country in the books. All I need is hours.

However I bought a 182RG, and am going to need high performance and complex endorsements in it, so being the cheep ass that I am, I have chosen to do my check ride in the 182, and get my endorsements before hand.

The ultimate goal, is for my wife and I to go places. I don't care if I get my PPL at 40. So for me, PPL at 40, and then 12 hours to get the endorsements (so 52 hours) is worse then PPL + endorsements at 45 hours.

This means the rest of my time for my PPL needs to be with an instructor, in my plane.

Took a while to get the plane bought and insured, and now it's been a pain to get my instructor free when I can fly.

My last flight, was November 17th.

Right. It feels bad for me, but not as bad as you probably feel. I don't need any hours--I have all I need for anything except the ATP. I just want to get in the darn air!

Back