Words...

This thread is giving me chest pain...may have to do a 3 day stent at the hospital to get me one of 'em cardiac stints placed. :rolleyes2:

Client 1: "I like those ideas and think you should flush them out."

Client 2: "... enabling you to hone in on the root cause ..."

Me: :banghead:

Perhaps you could tell them you need to "circle back around" to it.

Just needs a paradigm
Roosevelt-Dime.jpg
shift before it becomes a paradox
235139_f520.jpg

I wish I would have saved it, it was priceless. I got a memo at work years ago from a guy who I thought should have known better, but after I saw his spelling, I could never look at him the same way again.

The memo actually passed all spell checking, but he used "there/their/they're", "would/wood", and a whole lot of other words incorrectly.

The difference between "Let's eat Grandma" and "Lets eat Grandma".

I though that sentence would be used to demonstrate the value of a well-placed comma.

"Let's eat Grandma", versus "Let's eat, Grandma."

I could care less

Yep, people need to say that right too. Folks, it's couldn't. I know you know that. :) Still not as bad as people pronouncing nuclear as 'nook-ya-lur'. I guess I got sensitized to that during the dubya years. ;)

But I live in a college town and the local market has a sign that says "12 items or fewer".

Shouldn't it be "12 or fewer items"? Just asking. :D

Yep, people need to say that right too. Folks, it's couldn't. I know you know that. :) Still not as bad as people pronouncing nuclear as 'nook-ya-lur'. I guess I got sensitized to that during the dubya years. ;)

It goes back to before dubya if you're old enough to remember. Jimmy Carter couldn't say it, either. And he had been an officer under Rickover. :mad2:

Funny until you notice the URL is in France.

www.excellance.fr

Just say it with your best outrageous French accent!

Yeah, but still. That word has been misspelled by many people who should know better. I read one article about a college having some function like a fundraising banquet, and the banner over the stage read "Excellance in Education."

Just can't excape these things.

Dan

Yeah, but still. That word has been misspelled by many people who should know better. I read one article about a college having some function like a fundraising banquet, and the banner over the stage read "Excellance in Education."

Just can't excape these things.

Dan

What about the high school that had a banner touting "Pubic Education?"

"We'll circle back to you on that after we add some color."

Saposta
Beabada

You're saposta beabada figure this out!

And it's "soloed," not "solo'd." :mad2:

Commas are also the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****.

"Cannot" is one word, not two. Same for "into."

Back