Woot! Passed the written

LifeAsBen

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
LifeAsBen
Just a note to say thanks to everyone on this forum for the good and helpful discussions which helped me pass my written today with a 93%.

I think the testing computer was from 1995, I'm not joking. I was quite surprised at the antiquated testing system/interface! Very distracting. It's like nothing has changed since my PPL test in 1997.

I used http://www.sheppardair.com and would recommend it for anyone prepping for the test.

Just a note to say thanks to everyone on this forum for the good and helpful discussions which helped me pass my written today with a 93%.

I think the testing computer was from 1995, I'm not joking. I was quite surprised at the antiquated testing system/interface! Very distracting. It's like nothing has changed since my PPL test in 1997.

I used http://www.sheppardair.com and would recommend it for anyone prepping for the test.
Congrats... but you haven’t been in aviation long enough if you have instant results.
I’ve taken numerous tests where you didn’t know the outcome for weeks... the test was mailed to OKC then back to the applicant.
Sheesh.... you’re complaining about fractions of seconds.....

Congratulations!

I’m curious, when I took the test a few years ago, it seemed extremely disconnected from reality. The best advice I got back then was “Pass the written, then learn the REAL stuff in training.” Did it seem like a reasonable test or is it still... strange?

Congratulations!

I’m curious, when I took the test a few years ago, it seemed extremely disconnected from reality. The best advice I got back then was “Pass the written, then learn the REAL stuff in training.” Did it seem like a reasonable test or is it still... strange?

I think the way I would put it is like this, passing any FAA test is just a license to learn. Yes, the modality is outdated and the questions don't always make sense but it made me study hard and that I think built a good foundation of knowledge.

I think the way I would put it is like this, passing any FAA test is just a license to learn. Yes, the modality is outdated and the questions don't always make sense but it made me study hard and that I think built a good foundation of knowledge.

Well put. And any incentive to learn more is, obviously, good. Congrats again!

Congrats! Currently using SheppardAir for the written myself. I find some of the material confusing and some of the questions a little cumbersome, but I’m learning a lot. Any advice or tips you wish you’d have known beforehand?

Back